Chris O'Grady and Giles Coke

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

We banished "innocent until proven guilty" Montano. Think he then sued the club. All these shitty practices have gone on for years. I'd rather they didn't. Using them now when most didn't bat an eyelid is laughable. I'm with you on things like the Pensions and not paying players and trips to the courts...the latter 2 things we don't face any longer etc. Some of the stuff tho...it's ridiculous. As you were tho.

The pensions things is still going on. They weren't paying contributions, then they changed provider. The new provider sent letters to those in the scheme as recently as last month telling them no contributions had been made. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jimbooth said:

The pensions things is still going on. They weren't paying contributions, then they changed provider. The new provider sent letters to those in the scheme as recently as last month telling them no contributions had been made. 

Give it til end of August...

I can’t speak about O’Grady because I don’t know the situation, but Coke is training with the kids because AL wants him to just tear up his contract and leave. Coke won’t do that so he’s been banished to train with the kids. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if O’Gradys situation is very similar.

That will be why there’s been no mention of it on the website.

4 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

I can’t speak about O’Grady because I don’t know the situation, but Coke is training with the kids because AL wants him to just tear up his contract and leave. 

Nice day at work Giles? 

Great love thanks, I've torn up my contract and left but I'm sure we'll find a way of paying the mortgage. 

17 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

We banished "innocent until proven guilty" Montano. Think he then sued the club. All these shitty practices have gone on for years. I'd rather they didn't. Using them now when most didn't bat an eyelid is laughable. I'm with you on things like the Pensions and not paying players and trips to the courts...the latter 2 things we don't face any longer etc. Some of the stuff tho...it's ridiculous. As you were tho.

Just because it's gone on for years it doesn't make it acceptable, by your own admission Corney ran a shitshow but strangely your now accepting that kind of behaviour as common working practice when fans are critical of it, it's just weird when you keep trying to defend AL's behaviour.

Neither have been allocated a squad number off the back of a programme

O'grady is training with the youths. I believe he has been advised he is not in the future playing plans, so he is keeping himself fit and being a professional, is passing on his knowledge to the next generation

43 minutes ago, underdog said:

O'grady is training with the youths. I believe he has been advised he is not in the future playing plans, so he is keeping himself fit and being a professional, is passing on his knowledge to the next generation

And that knowledge would entail telling the kids to leave this pantomime of a club as soon as you can. 

3 hours ago, underdog said:

doubt it but o'grady should be in the squad. would imoprove the current team and he's prob the biggest goal threat we have even though he only got 6 or so last year. 

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Just because it's gone on for years it doesn't make it acceptable, by your own admission Corney ran a shitshow but strangely your now accepting that kind of behaviour as common working practice when fans are critical of it, it's just weird when you keep trying to defend AL's behaviour.

Corney ran a shit show for over a decade

AL has been here less than 2yrs and spent a lot of it ripping out Corneys cancer and deadwood. I’ve defended and criticised where I feel it’s appropriate. Buys him time with most fair minded folk. Or it should. 

1 hour ago, Careca9 said:

doubt it but o'grady should be in the squad. would imoprove the current team and he's prob the biggest goal threat we have even though he only got 6 or so last year. 

We have scored one goal in four league games, I don't rate him in the context of what I want from an Oldham Athletic team but compared to what weve been dishing out up front hes worth a punt again.

28 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

AL has been here less than 2yrs and spent a lot of it ripping out Corneys cancer and deadwood. I’ve defended and criticised where I feel it’s appropriate. Buys him time with most fair minded folk. Or it should. 

I'm struggling to work out how having to rip out Corney's cancer and deadwood means he has to treat players like shit.  And staff.

26 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

How much time would you say is appropriate Ross? For all his failings, at least Corney *appeared* to be running the club in a semi-competent manner - at least until you lifted the covers a little and picked up on the stench. AL appears to be doing a much poorer job on all fronts...

12 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I'm struggling to work out how having to rip out Corney's cancer and deadwood means he has to treat players like shit.  And staff.

It's replacing it with Mo and Barry running the whole show that I struggle with. Somehow I can't see giving them longer is going to solve many problems 

43 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

How hard is it to pay over an ex staff member's pension contributions which will be comparatively tiny? How hard is it to get the media team to put up a quick story about Clarke leaving? We managed one for a player who left us 3 years ago. How hard is it to respond to FCA requests for information to ensure we can offer fans finance on season tickets? These are just a few simple things that Corney's mess should have no bearing on, there will be more.

2 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Corney ran a shit show for over a decade........... AL has been here less than 2yrs .............Buys him time with most fair minded folk.........

2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

How much time would you say is appropriate Ross?.............

Well, he's not signed a Doyle & "maybe a few others" yet..... and we look like prime candidates for relegation at the moment.... with his Sporting Director/Head Coach structure/appointments/player recruitment.... the responsibility clearly & undeniably lies with Marco if we go down.

On 8/20/2019 at 3:36 PM, boundaryblue80 said:

Seems like a slightly odd comparison.  I'm always up for a bit of Corney-bashing but whether Montano was guilty or not, I can see why they sacked him so as to distance the club from the video.  Montano threatened legal action but I don't know that it was ever confirmed that he followed through on that and I suspect we'd have heard if he'd been successful.

There doesn't seem to be any suggestion that O'Grady's done anything wrong.

2 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Ross 

Time to move on mate, no one doubts Corney was less than transparent in some areas but we can't change the past. There are significantly worrying signs at the good ship OAFC that certainly involve the current owner, sporting director and Barry to a greater or lesser degree. Its not a case of attaching blame, its a case of seeking to save the owners/ management and by design the club from completely unravelling and looking at what is left of our once great club (* at least one to be proud of)    

3 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Laughable.

If the status quo is maintained, the club won't be here in another decade's time.

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

How hard is it to pay over an ex staff member's pension contributions which will be comparatively tiny? How hard is it to get the media team to put up a quick story about Clarke leaving? We managed one for a player who left us 3 years ago. How hard is it to respond to FCA requests for information to ensure we can offer fans finance on season tickets? These are just a few simple things that Corney's mess should have no bearing on, there will be more.

The media team had a video interview ready to go when he left, and spent quite a bit of time on it. Guess what? They were told to scrap it.

49 minutes ago, al_bro said:

The media team had a video interview ready to go when he left, and spent quite a bit of time on it. Guess what? They were told to scrap it.

So the media team bear the brunt of fans complaints about this (social media etc), but the fault lies above.  Shocker. Totally shit way of going about things.

50 minutes ago, al_bro said:

25 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Yep, heard that too. 

Be great if it were to be leaked.

Archived