Morecambe away on Boxing Day

In normal times this would be a game to potentially get us away from a relegation scrap, but with everything that's happening at Macc these aren't normal times.

A similar team that finished against Crawley would be ideal, Maouche deserves a start after scoring the winner, I'd bring Morais back in and after Dino's forthright opinion about JLAA, I could see Wilson or Desire getting the nod (I'd go for Wilson but wouldn't be surprised in Dino goes for Desire).

Zeus

Mills

Hamer

Wheater

Iacovitti

Sylla

McCann

Morais

Maouche

Smith

Wilson

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, yarddogs said:

What’s he said about JLAA ?

From Dino’s post match assessment:

A change was also made in the first-half after finding his side a goal down and he was open and honest at the decision behind taking Akpa Akpro off.

"He wasn't good enough. I've told him that.

"You can't turn up and produce what he produced. I'm here to win football matches, I'm not here to carry passengers and if any player turns up with that type of performance, you can see the frustration from everybody and my job is to make that change.

"I've got to say how it is and he's got to be better than that."

Another excellent signing from AL&Mo extensive network of footballers - happened to be playing in League 2 in Dubai when we picked him up.

That miss on Saturday after McCann's excellent set up was ridiculous, he could hardly have put it wider from there if he had tried.

Just what will it take to stop AL&Mo getting involved in recruitment as it is painfully obvious that the players they have brought in are nowhere near the required standard? I know the answer sadly and it doesn't take a genius to work out that it will not happen.    

2 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Another excellent signing from AL&Mo extensive network of footballers - happened to be playing in League 2 in Dubai when we picked him up.

That miss on Saturday after McCann's excellent set up was ridiculous, he could hardly have put it wider from there if he had tried.

Just what will it take to stop AL&Mo getting involved in recruitment as it is painfully obvious that the players they have brought in are nowhere near the required standard. I know the answer sadly and it doesn't take a genius to work out that it will not happen.    

Very much doubt he was one of their signings to be fair.

34 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

From Dino’s post match assessment:

A change was also made in the first-half after finding his side a goal down and he was open and honest at the decision behind taking Akpa Akpro off.

"He wasn't good enough. I've told him that.

"You can't turn up and produce what he produced. I'm here to win football matches, I'm not here to carry passengers and if any player turns up with that type of performance, you can see the frustration from everybody and my job is to make that change.

"I've got to say how it is and he's got to be better than that."

Dino has his eye on a a couple of forwards,  looks promising and Nepo will be back with us next week all being well....

17 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Just what will it take to stop AL&Mo getting involved in recruitment as it is painfully obvious that the players they have brought in are nowhere near the required standard? I know the answer sadly and it doesn't take a genius to work out that it will not happen.    

I've been as critical of AL&Mo's recruitment as the next person, but while they might've had some say in it, the signing strikes me as being a Dino signing.  Without doubt a stop-gap until January either way and a necessary one as a target man option in the squad.

I very much hope that Dino is looking for other options in January and I'm sure he is.

5 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Doubt Nepo will play for us again.

Even if the only alternative is Iacovitti. 

I thought he pissed off Banide rather than the ownership?

If that's the case then hopefully he'll be back in the fold.  Would be a useful option.

Edit:  I guess we'll have to wait and see Jorvik!

32 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Not sure I blame them for that one. Just someone with some sort of track record who was available. 

28 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I thought he pissed off Banide rather than the ownership?

If that's the case then hopefully he'll be back in the fold.  Would be a useful option.

Edit:  I guess we'll have to wait and see Jorvik!

it was Benide he pissed off not the owner,  plus Dino has told Al he wants him back,  Plus Nepo wants to come back 

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

He's spent nearly all of the last ten years in England, playing around this level. 

I am aware of his career in England, did ok for Shrews I think, nothing at Bury and most other places. I do think he was picked up though as was plying his trade in Dubai or Saudi Div 2 whichever it was, can't see him being a Dino signing tbh but may be wrong  

Wilson was stripped off for JLAA about ten minutes before he came on. He then seemed to get dressed again and then JLAA was hauled off immediately when he failed to follow the ball in when he would have had a simple tap in after a goalie spill.

He then went straight off down the tunnel and I thought at the time that might be the last we ever saw of him in a Latics shirt (although he did come out for a warm down at HT).

13 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Wilson was stripped off for JLAA about ten minutes before he came on. He then seemed to get dressed again and then JLAA was hauled off immediately when he failed to follow the ball in when he would have had a simple tap in after a goalie spill.

He then went straight off down the tunnel and I thought at the time that might be the last we ever saw of him in a Latics shirt (although he did come out for a warm down at HT).

from where i was in RRE he was very slow to react to more than one ball, his anticipation and movement seemed very poor, im guessing thst JLAA was just a stop gap until the transfer window opens in jan... im still of the belief we are 1 or 2 players from having a playoff challenging side... once Nepo comes back he will add abit more quality to us.. Massive plus point the 2nd half against crawley  to come back from 1-0 to win 2-1 .. says alot about players / manager...

Just now, LightDN123 said:

If Dino hooks all out shit performers off we would have no players on the pitch. 

We have some decent players in our squad.. 1 defeat in 7 doesnt screem all shit.. hopefully we are heading in the right direction , Alot of positives at the club.. 

Archived