Party at Norwich

As we all know, the best plans are always produced after a few beers.

A few weeks ago, a group of us were chatting in the pub and the current ‘feelbad factor’ amongst Latics fans was high on the agenda. We were talking about happier times and the Premier League days to be precise When we compared then with now, obviously the quality of football was identified but along side it, the atmosphere and mindset of fans at away games was also mentioned.

A lot of people on here will remember those days, but a lot won’t. It may be a trick of the mind, but from what I can remember, we used to go with the objective of enjoying ourselves, no matter what the result. Obviously, what we were watching made enjoying ourselves easier, but even as we were getting stuffed on a fairly regular basis we still made the most of it.

This is where our drunken ramblings turned into the early formulation of a plan. Why not have a game where we all agree to go and have a good time? Which game to choose was a bit of a no-brainer. As we’ve only got two away games before Christmas, and one of them will see a couple of hundred hardy souls, if that, make the trek to Wycombe, Norwich stood out. When you consider that one of the biggest parties we could remember was the day we were relegated at Carrow Road it seemed like an even better plan.

So, here’s the plan for those going to the game:

Let’s put all or differences to one side and for 90 minutes give 100% support for Oldham Athletic. It doesn’t matter whether you like the manager or not, or your views on the players or the owners, get behind the club we all love.

Let’s create a proper party atmosphere by not only singing as one, but turning up with tickertape, balloons, beachballs (if the Scousers haven’t ruined that for all of us now) and anything else that you think might be appropriate. Not only that, if you’ve got a Latics flag/banner, bring it along and let’s have some colour.

A few people have suggested that we badge this up as the OWTB Christmas Party/Ernieflag Christmas Party/ Remembering Norwich 15 years on, but I don’t think that’s needed. This is just about getting behind our club.

Anyway, you may well think I’m mad and it’ll probably end up with half a dozen of us turning up looking stupid, but at least we’ll have tried.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent post..

I'm fed up with us being chuffing divided and fighting amongst ourselves. Our team needs us and well done to those who can get to away games and those too that struggle to find the dosh for home games too

Wish I was going, I still have time to persuade the ball and chain

Wish we could spread the cheer on home games too..

How about a "non moaning match?"

An all singing match

Another fancydress match

An xmas party/hangover match on boxing day.

oooo the posibilities.....themed matches.....just a little bit of cheer to bring into any ground we play in.

Fantastic...mexican wave anyone?

we could suggest the themes an vote for it on here.

Edited by underdog

It may also be a chance for the uneducated, to see me asleep under a christmas tree or in another strange place :grin:

Cue Leeslover <_<

hey maybe we could use that like "spot the ball.

"spot the fan, the ground his character name on here and give it a caption".

It may also be a chance for the uneducated, to see me asleep under a christmas tree or in another strange place :grin:

Cue Leeslover <_<

sounds like something i would do.... :wink:

Hope they have enough trees or there could be carnage :ranting:

Just got back from a day on the German beer at the Frankfurt Christmas Market in Brum. Two hours each way on the bus free of charge thanks to the generous concessionary travel scheme for us elders. :imnotworthy:

I knew about this great party idea already, and I'll be able to use that extra large beach ball purchased on Bury Market pre-season, ready for a special occasion such as this. Mrs. S. has bought blue balloons, so if someone else can get some white and tangerine ones we're all set. We should sing like canaries and the atmosphere will be as hot as mustard. :bluearmy:

Now...........what was it..................................

I'm sure there was something I was supposed to be doing on here tonight. :unsure:

As we all know, the best plans are always produced after a few beers.

A few weeks ago, a group of us were chatting in the pub and the current ‘feelbad factor’ amongst Latics fans was high on the agenda. We were talking about happier times and the Premier League days to be precise When we compared then with now, obviously the quality of football was identified but along side it, the atmosphere and mindset of fans at away games was also mentioned.

A lot of people on here will remember those days, but a lot won’t. It may be a trick of the mind, but from what I can remember, we used to go with the objective of enjoying ourselves, no matter what the result. Obviously, what we were watching made enjoying ourselves easier, but even as we were getting stuffed on a fairly regular basis we still made the most of it.

This is where our drunken ramblings turned into the early formulation of a plan. Why not have a game where we all agree to go and have a good time? Which game to choose was a bit of a no-brainer. As we’ve only got two away games before Christmas, and one of them will see a couple of hundred hardy souls, if that, make the trek to Wycombe, Norwich stood out. When you consider that one of the biggest parties we could remember was the day we were relegated at Carrow Road it seemed like an even better plan.

So, here’s the plan for those going to the game:

Let’s put all or differences to one side and for 90 minutes give 100% support for Oldham Athletic. It doesn’t matter whether you like the manager or not, or your views on the players or the owners, get behind the club we all love.

Let’s create a proper party atmosphere by not only singing as one, but turning up with tickertape, balloons, beachballs (if the Scousers haven’t ruined that for all of us now) and anything else that you think might be appropriate. Not only that, if you’ve got a Latics flag/banner, bring it along and let’s have some colour.

A few people have suggested that we badge this up as the OWTB Christmas Party/Ernieflag Christmas Party/ Remembering Norwich 15 years on, but I don’t think that’s needed. This is just about getting behind our club.

Anyway, you may well think I’m mad and it’ll probably end up with half a dozen of us turning up looking stupid, but at least we’ll have tried.

Can we at least boo if we go one down??.............Please!

Hello.....read the post on the Norwich message board....very sad. My thoughts go out to the family.

I made a flag so that any of your members who wanted it could use it as a avatar.

I did a flash animated version but it seems your message board does not allow flash content, and my swf to gif converter has gone on the blink, so images are static.

Anyway I hope you people have a good day out in Norwich, before and after the game, but not so much during.

Images below.

cooksey.png

cooksey66.png

cooksey33.png

FaTTY