Euros Prediction Game - IT'S ON - with prizes and benefit for PlayerShare

Edit: Game on. Instuctions in post #9 of this thread.

Again, I want to get an idea of how interested people would be in taking part before I commit to taking on the onerous task of running this!

I'm proposing a competition in which each participant makes their predictions on an excel spreadsheet (see below) which will automatically populate the groups and the teams in the knockout stages.

There would be an entry fee of £5 each with half of the money to be used for prizes (1st: 50%; 2nd: 30%; 3rd 20%), with the remainder (half of the total, minus PayPal fees and possibly a few quid to buy the larger spreadsheet) to be donated to PlayerShare.

So, would you take part?

EurosPredictor.jpg

Edited by Stevie_J
Update and poll removed.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it%27s%20on%20like%20donkey%20kong.jpg

Rules are as follows:

1. Complete your predictions on the attached Excel spreadsheet (see download link at the foot of this post) - instructions included in the spreadsheet.
  2. Email your completed sheet to me at the email address provided in the spreasheet instructions.
  3. Pay £5 by PayPal to the same email address, providing me with your OWTB username in the comments box.
  4. Any OWTB staff member taking part will have a copy of their predictions posted in this thread, so there can be no accusations of cheating (in the wholly unlikely event that one of us wins).
  5. The total fees will be distributed as follows:

1. Half to be used as a prize fund to be distributed: 50% to the winner; 30% to second place; and 20% to third place.
    2. The other half, minus fees, to be donated to PlayerShare.
    3. [*]Scoring works as follows:

• Correct Group Match Goals 3pts
      • Correct Group Match Result 2pts
      • Group Rank Position 3pts
      • QF Teams 5pts
      • QF Team AND Goals 6pts
      • QF Pens 2pts
      • SF Team 7pts
      • SF Team AND Goals 7pts
      • SF Pens 2pts
      • FINAL Team 8pts
      • FINAL Team AND Goals 9pts
      • FINAL Pens 2pts
      • Correct WINNER 15pts
      • Golden Boot 20pts

So please get predicting. If we can get 50 players, we'll have some handsome prizes and PlayerShare will stand to benefit to the tune of over £100.

Any problems, give me a shout by PM or email. Cheers.

OWTB Individual_Predictions_V3.xls

When I paypal the money to playshare is there any ref i need to use i will do all tomorrow as the sheet it is on is not compatable on work computer, just euro 2012 game be ok and you can verfy from that im in?

YOU DON'T SEND IT TO PLAYERSHARE!

See the instructions above and my email address in the attached spreadsheet (or view my OWTB profile) - I'm not posting it here because I don't want to invite a load of spam but it's my OWTB username @ owtb.co.uk

And you just need to leave your OWTB username in the message box.