Beware - Mass Car Break Ins on Westhulme Avenue tonight

My car along with about 7 others all have been broken into tonight. Parked in a line on Westhulme Avenue... side windows and trashed inside - windscreen bricked as well. Nowt anybody can do unless the Police decide to protect private property.

Just beware everybody, the local natives are on the rampage.

My car along with about 7 others all have been broken into tonight. Parked in a line on Westhulme Avenue... side windows and trashed inside - windscreen bricked as well. Nowt anybody can do unless the Police decide to protect private property.

We had our car window smashed and radio nicked last tuesday where all the cars are parked near B&Q, best to use the club car park.

Feel for you. It's an awful thing to have happen to you.

I know it's been happening around Latics for a long time, but this sort of stuff will put some people off going to the game in future

GO ON THE CLUB CARPARK

More people would use the club car parks if they offered concession to season ticket holders and it didn't take so long to get out (obviously not last night!)

Or perhaps the regular users of Westhulme Avenue could chip in £1-£2 each time towards employing a security guard, say from 2.30 to 5 pm Saturdays and 7.30 to 10 pm weekdays. In the current credit crunch many security firms are desperate for business and I'd have thought you could hire a guard for not much more than £10-£15 an hour?

You just need a couple of people in charge to organise it and collect subs on the day. Can't give any guarantees but the deterrent effect is good, I'd have thought.

More people would use the club car parks if they offered concession to season ticket holders and it didn't take so long to get out (obviously not last night!)

Or perhaps the regular users of Westhulme Avenue could chip in £1-£2 each time towards employing a security guard, say from 2.30 to 5 pm Saturdays and 7.30 to 10 pm weekdays. In the current credit crunch many security firms are desperate for business and I'd have thought you could hire a guard for not much more than £10-£15 an hour?

You just need a couple of people in charge to organise it and collect subs on the day. Can't give any guarantees but the deterrent effect is good, I'd have thought.

Sorry FL but I don't get why ST holders should have a discount? I've got a ST and I pay the £3 to park in the car park as it is the safest place to park, closest to BP and if there is money left from my £3 after paying for the gatemen then it goes to the club. Yes it can take a while to get out after the game but you can put the radio on and hear the other scores and if you just accept it will cost you about 10/15 minutes or so then it ain't too bad. I guess you live on the Fylde coast going off your username, 10/15 minutes added on to your journey time can't make much of a difference can it?

Not a dig and hope no offence taken but when there is secure parking on offer I don't get why you would line the pocket of a private security firm when you can line the pockets of the club?

said it time and time again. This happens on such a regular basis (pardon the pun) it's criminal that the very people who are paid to serve and protect (the police) do nothing what so ever to catch these :censored: and convict them. The truth of the matter is they don't give a stuff about car crime. They leave it to the insurers to sort out, but what they fail to see is that the insurers cannot heal the distress, the inconvenience or the feeling of violated space. Nor belief in the system to protect. If they really want to stop crime first they have to detect and deal with it. They've an easy kill here.

Sorry FL but I don't get why ST holders should have a discount? I've got a ST and I pay the £3 to park in the car park as it is the safest place to park, closest to BP and if there is money left from my £3 after paying for the gatemen then it goes to the club. Yes it can take a while to get out after the game but you can put the radio on and hear the other scores and if you just accept it will cost you about 10/15 minutes or so then it ain't too bad. I guess you live on the Fylde coast going off your username, 10/15 minutes added on to your journey time can't make much of a difference can it?

Not a dig and hope no offence taken but when there is secure parking on offer I don't get why you would line the pocket of a private security firm when you can line the pockets of the club?

The club car park is a less attractive proposition since the Royle bar disappeared but you have to accept that you take your chances by parking anywhere else.

said it time and time again. This happens on such a regular basis (pardon the pun) it's criminal that the very people who are paid to serve and protect (the police) do nothing what so ever to catch these :censored: and convict them. The truth of the matter is they don't give a stuff about car crime. They leave it to the insurers to sort out, but what they fail to see is that the insurers cannot heal the distress, the inconvenience or the feeling of violated space. Nor belief in the system to protect. If they really want to stop crime first they have to detect and deal with it. They've an easy kill here.

although nothing to do with GMP......my car was vandalised 4 times in the space of a month or so, I didnt report it as I knew nothing would be done. Then they put my windscreen through so I thought enough is enough and went down the police station. Two days later I got a letter saying PC xyz had looked at my case and decided not to proceed. The day after that I got a letter saying PC xyz had been assigned to my case and would be investigating it.

They (Thames Valley Police) obviously just have an automatic system that sends out a first letter promising action followed by another one saying nothing can be done but with me they got it the wrong way around.

Arm yourselves!

The club car park is a less attractive proposition since the Royle bar disappeared but you have to accept that you take your chances by parking anywhere else.

Never had any problems in the "little car park" just behind the playing fields.

A similar thing has happened afew times at Dale last year, with windows going through etc.

Arm yourselves!

It's the only way. It would only take 3 or 4 of them to be shot dead by concerned citizens before they would start to think twice. And looking over the water we can see that patriots are responding to the Obama win by providing a welcome boost the retail sector link

Lots of clubs offer a discounted car parking season ticket.

Has this ever been trialled at BP?

There has been one in existence for the past two seasons and I consider it one of the best things the Club has done for us. Unfortuately, it appears to be a more closely guarded secret than the one about "the love of my life" playing a blinder last night. :wink:

More people would use the club car parks if they offered concession to season ticket holders and it didn't take so long to get out

oh ffs.

is there a single aspect of supporting Oldham Athletic that someone hasn't moaned about or moaned about the price of????

I think it's Shez's fault personally....

SHEZ OUT!!!

Maybe instead of having over 10 copper's in the ground doing nothing maybe they could patrol where the car's seem to get broken into every week? It only takes a couple of police to keep an eye on the car's to put off the thiefs doing it again. It is what we pay our taxes for..

Lots of clubs offer a discounted car parking season ticket.

Has this ever been trialled at BP?

Yep. £46 last season, so effectively £2 a game plus free cup matches. I bought one the last two seasons, but was less sure where I'd be parking this season so didn't bother. Wouldn't surprise me if they dropped it - must have been all of about 8 people got one.

Maybe instead of having over 10 copper's in the ground doing nothing maybe they could patrol where the car's seem to get broken into every week? It only takes a couple of police to keep an eye on the car's to put off the thiefs doing it again. It is what we pay our taxes for..

Id recommend the Clayton Green. Ok they may charge you 5 quid on a Saturday but you get the voucher redeemable against pre/post match food/drink. With the two heavys on the door thieves will have far easier targets. Also a lot easier to get away than say B&Q.

Never had any problems in the "little car park" just behind the playing fields.

A similar thing has happened afew times at Dale last year, with windows going through etc.

Sorry but please ignore this advise, I and at least 8 other people I know have been done on the small park during a game, I had many things stolen from my car and I know a few others had stereo etc stolen also.

Sorry K_D you have been lucky - Find another place soon :wink:

Offical carpark is the best bet

Sorry but please ignore this advise, I and at least 8 other people I know have been done on the small park during a game, I had many things stolen from my car and I know a few others had stereo etc stolen also.

Sorry K_D you have been lucky - Find another place soon :wink:

Offical carpark is the best bet

i park outside beardys house, and since i park like a girl no one robs me!