gonna sound daft this one but here goes

polish kid who lives in the flat below is footy daft spends all hours on the carpark kicking his ball about trouble is over the weekend some scrote has nicked his ball and with just having had another child mum and dad cant afford to replace it . just wonderd if anybody had an old ball they no longer use/need knoking about that i could pass on to him ?

not asking for the latest adidas world cup ball just a decent ball for him to practice with last 5 yo i gave an old ball to was a ginger kid from lees and he turned out alright for us

polish kid who lives in the flat below is footy daft spends all hours on the carpark kicking his ball about trouble is over the weekend some scrote has nicked his ball and with just having had another child mum and dad cant afford to replace it . just wonderd if anybody had an old ball they no longer use/need knoking about that i could pass on to him ?

not asking for the latest adidas world cup ball just a decent ball for him to practice with last 5 yo i gave an old ball to was a ginger kid from lees and he turned out alright for us

Sorry I cant help but you may have found our future striker

Good Luck (and a very nice gesture)

I'll donate the ball availible on the online shop if he doesnt mind waiting for delivery (i cant get to the club shop) and if we could work out a way for it to be posted to your/his address?

Out of interest how old is the lad peanuts?

If he that hard up and under 16 as im a nice person I will happily pay the £10 and buy the lad a ST at Latics

This way hopefully everyone wins taking he can get to the ground and of course his parents dont mind, do u live close enough to the ground that he would be able to do this

Let them know they can use PlayerShare WebShop when shopping online at Boots!

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/retailers/?search=Boots&order=alpha&page=M

Interesting the post above offering to buy a season ticket for a kid - I was thinking, if there is still loads of seats left before the season starts I would be happy to throw in a tenner to buy a season ticket for someone under 16, maybe if a few others would do the same we could boost attendances even further and add to out future support? Not sure if the club agrees to let people buy the £10 season tickets for other people though.

£10 is only 3 drinks down the pub, you think we could start a fund to get some extra tickets for kids?

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck

Out of interest how old is the lad peanuts?

If he that hard up and under 16 as im a nice person I will happily pay the £10 and buy the lad a ST at Latics

Fair play that LDA. In the hope that others will join in and get more less fortunate kids to games, I will also offer a tenner if anybody knows of a kid who would like to go. If you know of anyone, send me a PM.

Interesting the post above offering to buy a season ticket for a kid - I was thinking, if there is still loads of seats left before the season starts I would be happy to throw in a tenner to buy a season ticket for someone under 16, maybe if a few others would do the same we could boost attendances even further and add to out future support? Not sure if the club agrees to let people buy the £10 season tickets for other people though.

£10 is only 3 drinks down the pub, you think we could start a fund to get some extra tickets for kids?

Pretty sure I read about someone donating £100 for 10 ST's To be donated by Latics to a local school, with the Headmaster ensuring they went to Latics fans.

I far from have a lot of money but if I make that little 5 year old day then I will be a happy lad

£10 Is not a lot as said above the kid might get hooked even if just because of Chaddy Owl I dont care as long as he is happy every lad deserves happiness imo as I said if the parents are happy and Peanuts if he PM's me I will happily buy him it even if he only goes 2 or 3 times in the season

Great to see others getting involved, would it be worth setting up another thread if others want to donate? Dont know where we can send the money to however

Deano

I far from have a lot of money but if I make that little 5 year old day then I will be a happy lad

£10 Is not a lot as said above the kid might get hooked even if just because of Chaddy Owl I dont care as long as he is happy every lad deserves happiness imo as I said if the parents are happy and Peanuts if he PM's me I will happily buy him it even if he only goes 2 or 3 times in the season

Great to see others getting involved, would it be worth setting up another thread if others want to donate? Dont know where we can send the money to however

Deano

Yes maybe a new thread would be a good idea - I didnt realise someone had donated £100 as well that is very generous. I dont live in Oldham and dont know any Oldham fans under 16 but would happily donate for a season ticket if I knew where to send the money and that it would definitely be used for that cause.

Getting kids through the gate is the lifeblood for a club like ours, one good game and you can be hooked for life, so it is a cause I strongly believe in, always thought we should be letting younger people in for as cheap as possible and SC has delivered a fantastic offer in the £10 season ticket.

I am sure the team have their little penalties/ forfeits

imagine a few of them paid for some kids season tickets.

And they the took them john barrowman esque to them!!

That would get some publicity!!

And do a lot of good too

So far reading between the threads it looks like we have 8 people who would be up for this so 8 season tickets for under 16 kids we could provide and that is since 8pm last night good effort!

We need ideas of who we can donate to though, im searching through the net looking for kids charities and local football clubs but all suggestions would really help im off to the gym at 12 on a half day at work then home so hopefully make a few calls and im trying get my boss to agree to match the number we raise i.e if we raise 20 he will double it so buy 40 ST for kids but working on that at the min...fingers crossed!