Garbage MOTD coverage

one or two static cameras at most... no crowd noise... no crowd shots and completely failed to convey the type of game that it was and the amazing atmosphere generated by us. The commentary was added afterwards too... they obviously didnt have nayone there as it was obvious we'd lose....... wasnt it??? :-)

one or two static cameras at most... no crowd noise... no crowd shots and completely failed to convey the type of game that it was and the amazing atmosphere generated by us. The commentary was added afterwards too... they obviously didnt have nayone there as it was obvious we'd lose....... wasnt it??? :-)

At half time under the stand it showed the highlights. It showed Paul Scholes in the crowd. I thought MOTD would have shown him as well. Would have loved to see his reaction when we scored.

At half time under the stand it showed the highlights. It showed Paul Scholes in the crowd. I thought MOTD would have shown him as well. Would have loved to see his reaction when we scored.

Sorry Real, but arguably we created the biggest upset of the day. The highlights made it look a different game. I thought Moyes would have been a bit more gracious in defeat.

Glad we got some sort of coverage better stop moaning or we will be turning into Rugby League supporters.

ffs second game on the programme,lead game means extra spondoolies.good coverage in my opinion and if you actually listened you could quite clearly hear the oldham blue army a lot.

would you prefer us to be in the round up at the end.

love to have seen scholes face.

Thought it was decent coverage to be honest, with the limitations they have on covering so many games. To have so many cameras at each Prem game is only done thanks to BBC and Sky collaborating to get 15 or so expensive cameras at each of the 8 or so Saturday games.

They therefore had to choose which places got the full treatment, and hell, even us Latics fans didn't give ourselves much of a chance compared to other games, so I don't blame BBC. Lee Dixon made sure to rubbish Moyes' "excuses" of playing a slightly weaker side by giving us credit by pointing out that their so-called reserves that we beat are bloody good players!

Anyway, as for media coverage, I'm hoping we've painted the back pages tangerine tomorrow!

ffs second game on the programme,lead game means extra spondoolies.good coverage in my opinion and if you actually listened you could quite clearly hear the oldham blue army a lot.

Which was what my post was saying.

Agreed....good coverage...could of been better but was very very good overall :)

To be fair, on the radio, Moyes did give us some credit. They cut that same interview which was shown on MOTD. The only real disappointment for me was that they never showed Hughes' chance at the end of normal time to make it 2-0. Great work by Davies and thought Hughes was gunna bury it....thought Rennie was gunna give a goal kick, but fair play he saw the defenders touch. Just a shame he can't count 3 mins properly though.

To be fair, on the radio, Moyes did give us some credit. They cut that same interview which was shown on MOTD. The only real disappointment for me was that they never showed Hughes' chance at the end of normal time to make it 2-0. Great work by Davies and thought Hughes was gunna bury it....thought Rennie was gunna give a goal kick, but fair play he saw the defenders touch. Just a shame he can't count 3 mins properly though.

I heard to full Moyes interview and he mention them playing the same midfield as they did in the last Uefa cup match.

Guest oa_exile

Still on the MOTD theme :

I had to laugh at the quote from the Commentator at the Ipswich V Porstmouth game.

After Ipswich Midfielder Liam Trotter was sent off the Commentator quoted :

"Referee Halsey is about as popular as a Delia Smith cook book in Ipswich" :laught16:

Just a shame he can't count 3 mins properly though.

To be fair, if you count the time that JP (think?) was down with cramp it was right. Horrible and made my head want to explode, but right.

He blew on 26 by my watch which is what I'd expected him to do.

And they didn't score! So who gives a ..... :lol:

I heard to full Moyes interview and he mention them playing the same midfield as they did in the last Uefa cup match.

From the football.co.uk site:

Everton manager David Moyes was left disappointed after seeing his side suffer a shock 1-0 home defeat at the hands of Oldham Athletic in the FA Cup third round.

He said: "We have a very good squad, we picked a side who have all played at the top level, they have all played in Europe this season, it was very much the midfield that played and won away to Alkmaar in the UEFA Cup.

"It wasn't a vastly weakened team at all, in fact I felt it was a strong team.

"I would have expected that the team I put out would have been good enough to win.

"They are all disappointed, we all are. These things happen, unfortunately it has happened to us a few times.

"We missed lots of chances. We have scored a lot of goals at Goodison Park this season, so Oldham have done really well to come here and not concede.

"We looked as if we could score lots of goals, but Oldham defended fantastically well and scored an opportunist goal just before the break.

"We didn't play with enough conviction and when you miss good early chances, it becomes more and more difficult.

"We never really got to grips with them. We did not under-estimate them, we rated them very highly."

Whereabouts was Scholsey sat? in directors/VIP seating? It's good to know the lad still wants to come and watch Oldham, it kinda more than makes up for the disappointment that so called billy big time players like Kilkenny and Wellens over look us. I cant wait till Scholsey pulls on that blue shirt at BP, even if it's only his career swan song. Oldham's good enough for one of Englands finest and I bet his heart jumped as much as mine as Macca's shot sail into the roof of the net.

Nor did they show Allott's volley that went just over, from the corner after Wessels had saved Smalley's effort.

I think the commentator might have missed several incidents due to being distracted by Dave, an OASIS chap, who was swearing at him for approximately 97 minutes :lol: He watched the entire game on his monitor, which begs the question of why he needed to be there at all.

Whereabouts was Scholsey sat? in directors/VIP seating? It's good to know the lad still wants to come and watch Oldham, it kinda more than makes up for the disappointment that so called billy big time players like Kilkenny and Wellens over look us. I cant wait till Scholsey pulls on that blue shirt at BP, even if it's only his career swan song. Oldham's good enough for one of Englands finest and I bet his heart jumped as much as mine as Macca's shot sail into the roof of the net.

Can only see him coming to us if we get up a level. But he'd be highly welcomed. Oh and he was sat with Phil Neville in the crowd somewhere. Not with our lot unfortunately, but I'm sure he quietly was chuffed to bits.

Nor did they show Allott's volley that went just over, from the corner after Wessels had saved Smalley's effort.

Yep, I noticed that and was amazed that despite not showing that one, they showed Allott's rocket to the moon at the start of the 2nd half. Strange.

Yep, I noticed that and was amazed that despite not showing that one, they showed Allott's rocket to the moon at the start of the 2nd half. Strange.

we have had praise from the bbc's pundits all day today.

before the arsenal game,and also before tonights newcastle game,and during from the commentators,said he hopes we get a kind draw.