Striker

Reason not scored many goals is he is a defensive midfielder, not exactly what we need?

Name:Cole Skuse

Nationality:English

Date of Birth:29/03/1986

Height:6' 1" (185cm)

Weight:11st 5lbs (72.18kg)

Position: Midfielder

Cole made his senior debut as a substitute at Colchester on

Saturday, February 19th 2005.

The midfielder, who can also play at centre-half, is tipped

for a bright future at the club.

Signed his first professional contract, a two-year deal, in

April 2005.

Penned his signature on a new deal in January 2006, this time

a four-year contract keeping him tied to the club until the

summer of 2009.

He's not the type of player we should be looking for, however, he is quality.

Exactly - he is absolute quality, seen him play lots of times and he has always been the best player on the pitch... in terms of creativity - he can do a job and he is only young - if you cast you mind back to the 3-0 drubbing at boundary park he was thier MOM by a clear distance, was spraying passes all over the place.... it is true that he is defensive - but he is defensive in the way Michael Carrick is... he sts deep and plays the ball, nothing like a Kalala type player....

I think, if true it would be an absolute coup.... for me he is a quality player, and irrespective of his style he would improve the team... also, brizzle turned down 2 bids of £1m for him at the start of the season - thats how good he is rated... it is only because Marvin Williams has had such a storming season that he is not playing more... I would be very excited about this one as he can put his foot on the ball and play....

A rumour I heard yesterday is that we were after Geoff Horsfield but he's going to Donny instead. They can keep him!

Was that from me in the pub by any chance??? Utterly unsubstantiated, but I wouldnt be surprised if he was the £7k a week player we were reportedly going for last week.... as is said, he is the type of player we need, but he can join the Donny gravy-train if he is at that price... defo signing for Donny...

Think a Porter type player is just what we need right now? Or do the majority still think it was the right thing to do to get rid of him? I for one would have loved him to stay.

You seem to indicate we didnt make any effort to keep him - we didnt "get rid," him leaving was at entirely his own devices... but yes, that is exactly the type of player we need....

Edited by BigfinLatic

Exactly - he is absolute quality, seen him play lots of times and he has always been the best player on the pitch... in terms of creativity - he can do a job and he is only young - if you cast you mind back to the 3-0 drubbing at boundary park he was thier MOM by a clear distance, was spraying passes all over the place.... it is true that he is defensive - but he is defensive in the way Michael Carrick is... he sts deep and plays the ball, nothing like a Kalala type player....

I think, if true it would be an absolute coup.... for me he is a quality player, and irrespective of his style he would improve the team... also, brizzle turned down 2 bids of £1m for him at the start of the season - thats how good he is rated... it is only because Marvin Williams has had such a storming season that he is not playing more... I would be very excited about this one as he can put his foot on the ball and play....

Was that from me in the pub by any chance??? Utterly unsubstantiated, but I wouldnt be surprised if he was the £7k a week player we were reportedly going for last week.... as is said, he is the type of player we need, but he can join the Donny gravy-train if he is at that price... defo signing for Donny...

You seem to indicate we didnt make any effort to keep him - we didnt "get rid," him leaving was at entirely his own devices... but yes, that is exactly the type of player we need....

no not really. The general consensous between 'alot' of fans was he has scored 20+ goals in less than season but he is slow and not really worth fighting for to keep on as a player (fans view). I couldn't believe it at the times, our first 20+ goalscorer since god knows how long and the majority of fans weren't bothered if he left. Utterly gobsmacked!!!

and the majority of fans weren't bothered if he left. Utterly gobsmacked!!!

For everyone you know who wasn't bothered, I bet I knew 2 who were. A lot did have gripes with him, but they were still gutted he went. And if they weren't (the small minority IMO), they know little about football....if they're happy to see 20+ goals walk away from a side.

For everyone you know who wasn't bothered, I bet I knew 2 who were. A lot did have gripes with him, but they were still gutted he went. And if they weren't (the small minority IMO), they know little about football....if they're happy to see 20+ goals walk away from a side.

i agree when Porter left the side it was a loss in footballing terms, but i was one of those who wasnt that bothered about him leaving as he obviously didnt want to be here. i want people in the shirt who want to play for us, want to do well for us and want to get us promoted. how many of you can honestly say his performances after january were fully committed?

Yes he was a loss, but i was more annoyed we lost the transfer fee rather than the actual player. Wellens was a loss, but if he dont want to be here good riddance

i agree when Porter left the side it was a loss in footballing terms, but i was one of those who wasnt that bothered about him leaving as he obviously didnt want to be here. i want people in the shirt who want to play for us, want to do well for us and want to get us promoted. how many of you can honestly say his performances after january were fully committed?

Yes he was a loss, but i was more annoyed we lost the transfer fee rather than the actual player. Wellens was a loss, but if he dont want to be here good riddance

And thus we'll stay here...in League One....forever....or worse still....anyway....

I don't like the money factor problem within football either. But it's a reality. Few teams will do what Royle did and put together a successful side without pandering to the greed of good footballers.

EDIT: Must add that breaking the bank for players isn't acceptable either hence my stance on fees for players and being happy we haven't paid £120k on KK and being a bit concerned at shelling £200k on Clarke who definitely (despite criticisms) knows where the net is at this level and would IMO be a cracking addition. But on the case of "where their heart is" it's a weak case for not wanting a player here anymore. IMO.

Edited by boundaryblue80

And thus we'll stay here...in League One....forever....or worse still....anyway....

I don't like the money factor problem within football either. But it's a reality. Few teams will do what Royle did and put together a successful side without pandering to the greed of good footballers.

I was gutted when Porter left, yes the loss of a transfer fee was a blow but thats for the board to worry about. I was more bothered about the 23 goals he scored for us. Same when we didn't sign Beckett, after seeing mostly mediocre forwards playing for us since our relegation from the Prem (McCarthy and Stitch apart in 94/95 - 31 goals between them) it was wonderful to see strikers such as Ports and Luke who actually knew where the net was. What worries me at the moment is Davies has 1 in 12, Huges has 1 in 6 and if they don't score who does??? If people are happy to lose that, then that is worrying, nay it is cutting their nose off to spite their face.

As for losing Wellens, yes I was disappointed, but instead of trying to replace him we should have gone for an all action winger to play with the midfielders we had brought in, instead of arseing about bringing over-rated jumped up prima-donnas to the club on the eve of the season that blew all our pre-season plans to bits and took us the best part of three months to (a) get him fit and (B) comfortably accomodate him, and © just as we do a and b, the little git signs for someone else.

Maybe if we sold Eardley and Trotman we might just have enough to put an opening bid in, given Cov have rejected £700k from Forest.

Dowie is keen on keeping him at Coventry. Apparently Forest offered around £1 mil but it was turned down. Coventry are under a transfer embargo at the moment as they still havn't paid Southampton for him.

Just seen this - now seeing our apparent goot relations with the board down the road... How about a cheeky move to get the kid fit, and playing first team football - defo worth a Shot Mr Hardy...

Get DS In....

Meanwhile, Eriksson has been boosted with the return from injury of starlet Daniel Sturridge.

The 18-year-old has been sidelined since the summer with a hip injury.

"Danny has been back in training for the last two days now, and from what I've seen there's no doubt that he's a very good football player," said Eriksson.

"He's not ready to play in games just yet, but maybe in a couple of weeks time or within a month he could be ready for a reserve match.

"I had heard that he is a big talent, and just looking at him in training I can see that he could well be an important footballer.

"I have said to him, 'I've finally seen you play!' I have been here half a year and had not seen him play yet, so to see him has been a positive surprise. He's got a good left foot and he's a strong guy as well."

Just seen this - now seeing our apparent goot relations with the board down the road... How about a cheeky move to get the kid fit, and playing first team football - defo worth a Shot Mr Hardy...

Get DS In....

I do wonder if that sort of loan is going to be the only way forward for us when one looks at some of the silly money being mentioned for transfers - and that is without the wages. I see Millwall have paid £150k for Grabban which if it is a yardstick would price us out of going for anyone even as good as what we have, let alone better. I liked Grabban, thought he had potential but he has proved nothing yet neither with us nor Motherwell, and that seems like an awful lot of money to me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...all/7200742.stm

That Skuse fellow is bound to have an eye for a pass; I mean, Shez is always on about bringing in a creative man in midfield, so I imagine he's that type of player.

However, I am now actually getting rather annoyed by the amount of promising names being linked with us, albeit from sources which I'm a tad sceptical about, yet we seem to be making as much progress as a sprinter with one leg. What also is annoying me is Sheridan's words. I know he may be finding it very difficult bringing in his targets, but he has got to stop mentioning them. The fans start to think there's a guy around the corner, waiting to sign, then 2/3 days later we're left disappointed.

We've 10 days, if someone is waiting to see what else may crop up from other clubs, then :censored: 'em. I don't want players who'd rather play elsewhere if they received more money.

I can see us rushing on the 30th/31st Jan, bringing in 2/3 players who simple aren't good enough, because we laboured, or stuck with a player, who took his time sorting out personal terms with us.

That Skuse fellow is bound to have an eye for a pass; I mean, Shez is always on about bringing in a creative man in midfield, so I imagine he's that type of player.

However, I am now actually getting rather annoyed by the amount of promising names being linked with us, albeit from sources which I'm a tad sceptical about, yet we seem to be making as much progress as a sprinter with one leg. What also is annoying me is Sheridan's words. I know he may be finding it very difficult bringing in his targets, but he has got to stop mentioning them. The fans start to think there's a guy around the corner, waiting to sign, then 2/3 days later we're left disappointed.

We've 10 days, if someone is waiting to see what else may crop up from other clubs, then :censored: 'em. I don't want players who'd rather play elsewhere if they received more money.

I can see us rushing on the 30th/31st Jan, bringing in 2/3 players who simple aren't good enough, because we laboured, or stuck with a player, who took his time sorting out personal terms with us.

Most of the names being mentioned are by fans not the club! So Sheridan isn't naming anyone, so can't stop doing what he isn't1

Edited by LaticsPete