port vale

Only ever drove to port vale in the past but am wihtout wheels. Anyone know how easy it is by train?

I think Longport is the nearest stop but you may have to go via Stoke. May be easier to get a cab or bus to the ground.

It can be a bit dodgy though at Longport and my brother got a right shoeing while waiting for a train home a few years ago.

I'll be there with 3 non-Latics mates visiting the glorious North (and stoke!) from London - a Brighton fan, a Wycombe fan, and a dirty red.

Our record against them at VP is truly awful... http://www.soccerbase.com/head2.sd?team2id...mp;team1id=1924

Think I'll be going been to Vale Park, 8 times seen us win once, draw 3 and lose 4. We're due a win there.......................................... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Edited by oafcprozac

I'll be there with 3 non-Latics mates visiting the glorious North (and stoke!) from London - a Brighton fan, a Wycombe fan, and a dirty red.

Our record against them at VP is truly awful... http://www.soccerbase.com/head2.sd?team2id...mp;team1id=1924

A united fan in london Never would i have thought that!! :grin::lol:

Vale 3 times won non worst was last season when everyone was dropping down injured and pogs was sent off!!

On official site it says a large area given to us. Are we safe getting tickets on the day - how many will a "large area" accommodate - been several times but cannot remember!

It's quite a big stand behind the goal, I don't think we'll fill it and there is pay on the day entry according to the OS.

Really looking forward to Vale, most of lads are up for it should be good day out.

Just hope we get better result than we normally get, been there numerous times but never seen us win there!! :angry:

Anyone remember many years ago think still under 'Big Joe' we may have just been relegated from Prem, I think Billy Kenny was playing, Vale striker Lee Glover took a clear dive and the Oldham fans sang 'Are you Klinsmann in disguise?' and Glover got up laughing and clapped the Oldham fans it was a funny and good natured moment. :D

Really looking forward to Vale, most of lads are up for it should be good day out.

Just hope we get better result than we normally get, been there numerous times but never seen us win there!! :angry:

Anyone remember many years ago think still under 'Big Joe' we may have just been relegated from Prem, I think Billy Kenny was playing, Vale striker Lee Glover took a clear dive and the Oldham fans sang 'Are you Klinsmann in disguise?' and Glover got up laughing and clapped the Oldham fans it was a funny and good natured moment. :D

and we lost