sami hyypia

It was Greame Sharp who said he's no better than we've already got. The player in question wasnt Stuart Barlow because that wouldnt make sense, seeing as Barlow was a striker.

Then again. What the hell does he know about football. You only have to listen to the football phone in show he does to realise what a clueless **** he actually is.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

It was Greame Sharp who said he's no better than we've already got. The player in question wasnt Stuart Barlow because that wouldnt make sense, seeing as Barlow was a striker.

Then again. What the hell does he know about football. You only have to listen to the football phone in show he does to realise what a clueless **** he actually is.

Much as I hate Sharp, he wanted to sign Hyypia by all accounts but wasn't able to due to restraints imposed by the men upstairs.

Much as I hate Sharp, he wanted to sign Hyypia by all accounts but wasn't able to due to restraints imposed by the men upstairs.

Mrs Marsdens Advertiser article

Promotions, relegeations, are made on decisions like this, It does make you wonder if things might have been very different for Sharp if he had signed Hypia. Maybe Sharp became so disillusioned dealing with money men he never went that into managment again. Or maybe he was rubbish. Who really knows

I heard similar. I believe Sharp told the upstairs staff to conclude a deal at the end of the weeks trial and when he came back in monday the upstairs men had decided he wasnt good enough and :censored: him off. I believe it was fat man Ian Stott in charge then if I remember rightly.

from Graeme Sharps Autobiography

.........I brought in a centre half from Finland called Sammi Hypia he played in a behind closed doors friendly, Colin and I agreed that he was better than anyone else we had and I asked the chairman to follow up the interest in the player

Ten days passed with no word from the chairman, until he informed me he signed for Willem II in Holland........

Edited by Tommy_Fent