Livermore goes back

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I'm fairly certain that we'd have looked to sign him perm in the summer - clearly thinks he's too good for us.

Well hold on. If he was to get injured he'd be finished. This playing for a club which he probably won't play more than a few more games for with no security or ambitions with whatsoever. I'd be knocking it back if I were him. If we were seriously thinking about keeping him we'd have offered him a contract and have this sorted. As we haven't, I'd back the players judgement on this one.

Just had his best game for us as well. Yep must think he's better than Latics or, at least doesn't fancy it here.

Aye true, was starting to show some form.

When we first brought him in he reminded me of Rob Scott!

Bit of a strange decision not to stay though, Hull dont want him and wont play him. At least here he can put himself in the shop window with some decent performances

Edited by Butter

Just had his best game for us as well. Yep must think he's better than Latics or, at least doesn't fancy it here.

Seems odd, I mean Hull won't play him will they due to the contract situation. What if he'd got injured against Huddersfield though? Playing at any time, you could get injured.

Opted to leave to avoid injury? What a chump.

:angry:

Well he can sod right off then... the only thing I can think is he has a contract on the table from someone... no way anyone playing for their future would take themselves out of the shop window... sure Hull will be thrilled with that too... paying wages for a player they wont play...

Thanks for that Livermore... but hey, its a 'me first' industry now.... and if he has a contract in his hands thers no use playing League 1 with us... is there??

... so, anyone know if JP or gary mac is fit for saturday???

This is either thanks for nothing... He can clearly see we have no squad and after a storming game on sat he thinks he can get back into the hull side.

Or looking deeper, there is a real stink on in the dressing room and he doesnt want to stay another month.

What i dont understand on the OS is hes out of contract and doesnt want to get injured?

So that means he thinks hes going to get injured at Latics? (i wonder what we do in training)

If i was out of contract i would want to play and impress.... Not protect myself from injury

This is a strange decision from Livermore.

Look at it this way, if he plays and gets injured and is out of contract at Hull in the summer then who will sign an injured player? He will be left in the lurch!!

I agree with what has been said above, I'm sure had we had offered him a pre-contract agreement he would have been happy stay, my guess is we didn't so he's gone and wants to be fit to be signed by somebody else in the summer.

Is this not an april fools joke? Hope so because I think Livermore is quality!

Sadly I think not. I said the same thing to a mate this morning - I don't see how this could be construed as funny in any sense, should it turn out to be a wind up.

Thought about this rationally. Firstly I thought it was fair enough. But if he feels like this then he must be unfit and close to an injury and wanting to secure a contract for next season so he can sit on his arse. He's good enough so should he get injured and not get a contract, he would get one when fit again. I mean look at Hazell!

I see! :lol:

Just on this topic - have to admit the one last season got me going for a bit - the whole 10 point deduction for signing an illegal player..... I was crying into my pint for a whole 10 minutes! :disappointed::lol:

I hope it is... but I doubt it...

Doest want to renew his Loan incase he gets injured.... Bad attitude for me, why didnt he renew and play his socks off for another 5 games and have the oppertnuity of being in the shop window.....

Unless somebody is already lining him up

Edit - Seems I am an hour to late with my post.....

Edited by NIKI1234

Sheridan quote from the Chron last night.....

Sheridan said: “I’ll be having a chat with Dave to see what the situation is. I’m pleased with how he’s doing.

“It would have been easier to let him go if we had no chance of the play-offs, but we are still battling away and he’s a good professional who does the simple things well.”

So for me it looks like he WASN'T being offered anything other than a couple of games unless we make the play-offs (slim chance I know). If he was to get injured though, who would pay for any treatment required?