All Things Ernie Cooksey: Benefit Game (Including Sponsors Lounge Availability) & Rifle Range Event

Guest gillianfn

Guest gillianfn

Hi guys, I know I haven't been on here for ages, been very busy with a lot of stuff, not least I have been trying to help Ernie Cooksey with the very difficult situation that he finds himself in. There will be a game for Ernie on 11 May - further details will follow on the Latics main site and others, Rochdale etc.

I'd ask as many people as possible to attend the game. This is truly a devastating illness, one that I have suffered personal anguish because of, during the last year - so much so that I have set up a website for the Christie hospital and am doing a huge fund raising effort. I am working very closely with Andy (InspectorM) on this and we need all the support we can get, both in respect of Ernie's game and of course the work we are doing for Christies. Have a quick look at our site when you have a minute.

Factor 50 link

thanks a lot. X

Hi guys, I know I haven't been on here for ages, been very busy with a lot of stuff, not least I have been trying to help Ernie Cooksey with the very difficult situation that he finds himself in. There will be a game for Ernie on 11 May - further details will follow on the Latics main site and others, Rochdale etc.

I'd ask as many people as possible to attend the game. This is truly a devastating illness, one that I have suffered personal anguish because of, during the last year - so much so that I have set up a website for the Christie hospital and am doing a huge fund raising effort. I am working very closely with Andy (InspectorM) on this and we need all the support we can get, both in respect of Ernie's game and of course the work we are doing for Christies. Have a quick look at our site when you have a minute. www.factor50.org.uk

thanks a lot. X

also for you southern 'tics who can't make it up north, i belive grays athletic are doing a celebrity XI game

From the Grays Athletic web site:

Grays Athletic will be hosting a benefit match for Ernie Cooksey who has Malignant Melanoma Stage 4, this will be Grays Athletic vs All Star X1, which will include, Matt LeTissier, Neil Ruddock, Jason Cundy, Paul Merson, Ian Dowie plus many others, the game will take place at The New Recreation Ground on Sunday 27th April @ 15:00.

Entrance prices:

Adult: £10

Child: £5

further details to follow

http://www.graysathletic.co.uk/

Edited by arnoid

just a quick line to give an update on the forthcoming fundraising game for ernie cooksey.

confirmed players now include: will haining, fitz hall, paul murray, dave beharall, keiren westwood, john eyre, adam griffin, julian baudet, david eyres, darren sheridan, rick wellens, mark hughes, chris waddle, john barnes, denis irwin, gary mcallister, david hirst, steve staunton, ralf little, tommy craig (off corrie!), jon stiles

over the coming few weeks i am sure there will be more players confirming their attendance so please do your best to persuade friends/family to come down to BP for this very important event, and show your support for one of our own.

we will keep you updated when full line ups are confirmed.

in the meantime, please take time to visit www.erniecooksey.com where you will be able to donate simply through a paypal link on the site. please cut and paste the website address and forward onto as many people as possible who will be able to donate as much or as little as they want. there is also a message board on there to leave your support for ernie.

this will be vital in raising funds and awareness of events being staged, including a golf day to be held on june 6 at saddleworth golf club. anybody interested in putting in a 4 man team in the golf day, please call martin thomas on 07958-549533.

thanks once again for your support

how about a fans game for the owtb team verses dale /grays fans team as a warm up ???

think thats a really good idea, anything at all that will raise the profile of the game as got to be a good thing.

will be asking for help over the coming couple of weeks for volunteers to do a bucket collection also , hopefully at the final league game.

every penny really will help now toward the costs of ernie's medical bills and he really does appreciate everybody's help and thought

please dont forget to visit and pass on the address of www.erniecooksey.com

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Ernie Cooksey Benefit Game

Sponsors Suite

Bookings are now being taken for places in the sponsors suite for the Ernie Cooksey Benefit game. Various benefits of this offer include:

Box seats

Pie and pies dinner

Guest appearences from Players taking part in the match

Full use of bar facilities

The suite will be open between 12 and 4, with a kick off time of 1PM

Ticket prices are a minimum donation of £15, All money raised will go to the benefit fund for Ernie.

If you would like to reserve a place for this event, please send me a private message, stating your name and how many places you would like to book. due to the limited number of places, tickets will be distributed on a first come first served basis.

Payment will be taken upon collection of the tickets from the club shop. Collection availability to be confirmed

Pie and pies dinner?????

Is that the Wigan non vegetarian offer?

:lol:

This may come as something of a disappointment, but I think he meant to say 'pies & peas'!

Anyway, there are still tickets available. Get them while you still can and help Ernie's cause.

PM Phill, or any OWTB staff, for tickets/details.

:lol:

This may come as something of a disappointment, but I think he meant to say 'pies & peas'!

Anyway, there are still tickets available. Get them while you still can and help Ernie's cause.

PM Phill, or any OWTB staff, for tickets/details.

oops, ive only just realised i put that. you know what i mean

• 3 weeks later...

Since I could not make the match, I was going to send money to the fund. Just seen that match programmes are up on eBay. Seller says all money goes to Ernie. I would happily send my donation that way and get a programme which I would like to have. Can anyone confirm that the seller is genuine? I imagine this is OK, but I would like to be sure. Since I was intending to pay well over the £2 asking price, the last thing I want is to give the money to some chancer.

Guest gillianfn

Hi everyone,

Given that so many of you have sent me messages of support in the past 12 months or so, I just wanted to let you know that sadly, my friend Jon lost his fight against Malignant Melanoma earlier today.

Thanks to everyone who has offered help with my fundraising for my charity and for Ernie's fundraisers. Inspector, thanks for everything.

Hi everyone,

Given that so many of you have sent me messages of support in the past 12 months or so, I just wanted to let you know that sadly, my friend Jon lost his fight against Malignant Melanoma earlier today.

Thanks to everyone who has offered help with my fundraising for my charity and for Ernie's fundraisers. Inspector, thanks for everything.

Condolences, Gill.

Dan