Paul Scholes

Just got a txt off my gf saying that her uncle told her to tell me that its been on the news that before paul scholes retires he will play 1 season at latics, can anyone confirm that this was actually on the news?

if it is this could be the confirmation we wanted to hear, and also raises the question when is he oging to retire, could he leave united in the summer to join us? or will he wait til the end of next year then join us.

also would like to see him in some coaching role with latics, as im sure he would have picked up a few things from united, and also working with top players

Yeah, he is. I'm suprised you haven't heard about that. He's been planning it for years. It'll be nice to some quality aswell as experience at Boundr... Oldham Arena :unsure:

I presume by the OP there has been a development in this. I dont think it would be on the news reporting the same story we have all heard up to four years ago. Has he said this this week? and I dont believe he has stated he WILL play one season before? only that he would like to play. In my book there is a difference. but until someone can confirm it has been on the news it is all hearsay

It would be interesting to see what happens if the scum win the champions league this season, would Paul go out on top?

How can that top when he first pulls the Latics shirt on? :lol:

Let alone when takes us Champ, PRem FA Cup/Title/Champions Leage Treble in 3 seasons?

It would be interesting to see what happens if the scum win the champions league this season, would Paul go out on top?

i personally think that would aid our case for getting him if they won it. What more would there be to achieve in his career except play for his hometown club?

I never thought i would say it but United winning the champ league could be good for us.

If Paul scholes joined oldham for the beginning of next season I will run naked down Carlton way whilst doing a chicken impression <_< . There isn't no way that scholes is dropping from the top of the premiership to league 1 football in 1 season. 3 years time perhaps!

I hope United do well. Only cause' Scholes is playing for em!

Oh and he's coming in two seasons. (2009/2010). But he did announce not long ago he WILL come to boundr... Oldham Arena (not again!)

What are the odds on the first "Get off Scholes, you're :censored:" coming from the Main Stand? :grin:

What are the odds on the first "Get off Scholes, you're :censored:" coming from the Main Stand? :grin:

:grin:

'He's not good enough that lad, stop all the fancy stuff an get it out'

'Why you hoofing it? Can't believe Sheridan signed him, we all know he's past it'.

I hope United do well. Only cause' Scholes is playing for em!

Oh and he's coming in two seasons. (2009/2010). But he did announce not long ago he WILL come to boundr... Oldham Arena (not again!)

:shock:

those words will never come from my mouth!

Just got a txt off my gf saying that her uncle told her to tell me that its been on the news that before paul scholes retires he will play 1 season at latics, can anyone confirm that this was actually on the news?

if it is this could be the confirmation we wanted to hear, and also raises the question when is he oging to retire, could he leave united in the summer to join us? or will he wait til the end of next year then join us.

also would like to see him in some coaching role with latics, as im sure he would have picked up a few things from united, and also working with top players

I think your gf is pulling your ploncker.

I dont think Scholes has ever said he would finish his playing days at Oldham. When there was interest from clubs abroad a couple of years ago Fergie said the only club Scholes would leave United for was Oldham Athletic and with Scholes being an Oldham fan everyone put 2 n 2 together and come up with 50. On the Scholes front i do remember reading he had the jap reporters at the 2002 world cup scratching there heads when asked who did he idolise when he was younger to which he replied Frankie Bunn.

I heared that he was going to go to sunderland, which seems more realistic than him coming hear, not that i dont want him to come hear.

I can't see him going to Sunderland, I am sure Roy Keane would want him but he seems very happy in the area and would not want to uproot his family to the north east. I think if he doesn't play for us he will stay on at United in a coaching role.

Sorry, but Scholes won't come to this level. Not even for us.....only chance of him playing for us IMO is if we get up. And the Scum winning the Chumps League this season will have not a baring whatsoever.

I'm with you on that one, I can only see Scholes coming to us if we went up I know McAteer went to Tranmere and Barmby went to Hull but I think Paul Scholes is a step ahead of those two

I'm with you on that one, I can only see Scholes coming to us if we went up I know McAteer went to Tranmere and Barmby went to Hull but I think Paul Scholes is a step ahead of those two

Perhaps as an altruistic gesture he would like to help us get promotion out of this league? But I'm not saying he could do this on his own as some have.