what are your plans for the close season?

now that the season has ended :( what are your plans for saturday afternoon? eg say hello to the wife after 9months without saying "hello" visit the in-laws ,mow the loan ,etc ...i will be going to the beach with the family and paying a visit to the mother in laws etc.

Guest oa_exile
now that the season has ended :( what are your plans for saturday afternoon? eg say hello to the wife after 9months without saying "hello" visit the in-laws ,mow the loan ,etc ...i will be going to the beach with the family and paying a visit to the mother in laws etc.

Bob , I remember when I was in Tel Aviv. I went to one of the beaches , there was a nudist part along that same stretch.

Edited by oa_exile

close season means.......

'The Tramdriver's Jolly Boy's Outing' .............

this year we're all off to Cologne for 6 days. i organise them and although we only get a handful on the trips it's a good laugh and the beer consumed would float a ship..

we went to dublin last year which was ace, and i think we'll do another trip there again...

i've been to Cologne before as i have an ex RAF mate who lives there and i visit her from time to time... any tips on places to go would be more than grateful for... that goes for 'locations' for other trips too..

Bob , I remember when I was in Tel Aviv. I went to one of the beaches , there was a nudist part along that same stretch.

what ! where never heard of apart of the beach for nudists , what year did you visit ?

Guest oa_exile
what ! where never heard of apart of the beach for nudists , what year did you visit ?

I'm going back a few years now it would be about 1988-89 , I was there for a couple of weeks setting up a Textile Company.

I stayed in a Hotel (cant remember the name of it) but the name Hurzallah rings a bell ?

On one of the weekends I definatly remember going to the beach maybe it was away from Tel Aviv ?

Did a bit of siteseeing whilst I was there remember going to Jaffa and the Dead Sea.

I'm off doing camp America for three months which means i will miss out on the first two/three weeks of our championship winning season :grin:

Hopefully going to the Uefa Cup final.

Defo watching Latics masters at MEN and a trip to wembley to see one of the play off finals not sure which yet though.

P.S when do the fixtures come out? lol

I turn 33 in two weeks' time.

I get married in ten weeks' time.

Then I have two weeks off on honeymoon, then back to work to save up for a mammoth trip to Australia (third time there) and China in the spring.

Fairly uneventful I guess :)

A few days away with the Mrs to make up for the 9 months of neglect and to allow her time as "number 1" priority over Latics! lol. Then spending everyday logging onto the official website hoping that we get more than that Fu****g tractor picture that we had last year!!

Then spending everyday logging onto the official website hoping that we get more than that Fu****g tractor picture that we had last year!!

Thats one of the best bits of the summer! Don't think we will get it this summer though as I don't think the pitch is being relaid.

I think this summer will be taken up with updates of how the Lookers demolition is getting on, we might get pictures of JCBs!!!!

Thats one of the best bits of the summer! Don't think we will get it this summer though as I don't think the pitch is being relaid.

I think this summer will be taken up with updates of how the Lookers demolition is getting on, we might get pictures of JCBs!!!!

Even Better!! lol

Hibernation!!! I turn 21 the same week the season starts. that'll cover me for the first couple of matches, so I cant see any reason to stay awake now! P.S. can someone make sure I get woken up end of July :D

Hopefully going to the Uefa Cup final.

Defo watching Latics masters at MEN and a trip to wembley to see one of the play off finals not sure which yet though.

P.S when do the fixtures come out? lol

Last year was June 21st....it was the last thing I saw before being put under for a tonsilectomy :grin:

PS Hoping to be at the Masters too....should be a cracking day out!

Last year was June 21st....it was the last thing I saw before being put under for a tonsilectomy :grin:

PS Hoping to be at the Masters too....should be a cracking day out!

Two exams left, then reintroduce myself to my wife and kids then a week in Wales with the family and then onto a week in Gran Canaria with the lads, for the rest of the summer I plan to work and have a few irons in the fire. Got my graduation ceremony to look forward to, the culmination of 4 years hard work (no really!) and there really is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel now. Looking forward to the cricket and Rugby League over the summer and of course Euro '08 without the usual misplaced hype over 'In-ger-land', also the masters is something i'm looking forward too. I even plan to dust down the old gym pass and the golf clubs. Before I start my PGCE at the end of August, So come August there may be a slimmed down version of Mr. Prozac taking his seat in the Rocky Road.