Just came across this on another forum. Anyone else heard anything?

Quote:-Rumours are rife here in sunny Blackpool that Andy Morell is signing for Oldham in the summer. He's a good player from what I have seen of him. Anything to report from sunny Oldham?

Just came across this on another forum. Anyone else heard anything?

Quote:-Rumours are rife here in sunny Blackpool that Andy Morell is signing for Oldham in the summer. He's a good player from what I have seen of him. Anything to report from sunny Oldham?

Yeah, it ain't sunny!

A 34-year-old striker who managed 5 goals this season? Not convinced he's what we need at all.

wasnt we supposed to be after him last season,but he hit form for blackpool and helped get them promnoted.....

will have to wait and see,if it was anyone from the lashers i would hope it be parker,lot younger with more energy.

wasnt we supposed to be after him last season,but he hit form for blackpool and helped get them promnoted.....

will have to wait and see,if it was anyone from the lashers i would hope it be parker,lot younger with more energy.

Agree, would much prefer Parker but he always seems to have the "big time Charlie" attitude about him and as such I think he would demand high wages suggesting Leicester or Leeds/Doncaster would be the place if he is available. Morrell hasn't been prolific this season to say the least but in our division he did ok and could probably do a decent job as back up to the main front two which I assume would be Davies and Hughes

Not very convinced he's what we need.

I'd rather have Burgess or Parker.

Besides, I always thought Andy Morrell looked like Gary Megson:

Gary Megson:

0,,10432~3366962,00.jpg

Andy Morrell:

0,,1004~3446541,00.jpg

He's from Doncaster so this one I wouldn't mind them hijacking from us.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Not very convinced he's what we need.

I'd rather have Burgess or Parker.

Parker is currently injured, and is on the way out. But he wants big money by all accounts.

Morrell played the final few minutes today, useful addition but not a 90-minute player. Both he and Burgess have further 12-month option.

I didn't think Burgess looked anything special in his loan spell at Latics a few of years ago.

Useful in set pieces, strong header of the ball. A poacher like Beckett, but can't pass, has no pace. Yesterday did nothing other than score in opening minutes, converting a loose ball in the box.

Morrell is good pro who has scored a few at our level, definatley worth a 12 month deal. I could see him partnering hughes with davies and taylor on either wing. It could be our ticket out of this crap division

Morrell is expected to leave Lashers, according to local rag.

I would love Morrell - a real experienced pro, perfect to have on the bench when things are going wrong, to bring on and setup Hughes for a goal. Big, strong and has a good footballing brain (like Hughes).

not for me thankyou. id like more pace up front.

burgess was terrable when he was here but then went and got hull promoted with his goals.

We've got pace in Davies and Allesandra. I wouldn't mind him coming in, he scores goals at this level.

We don't need the team going from one extreme to the other, seems like we'll either be a team full of kids or the new Dads army.

:lol:

Anyway, don't we already have enough strikers?

Even if we haven't, a 34-year old who has proven he can't cut it in the CCC is a no-no from moi.

:lol:

Anyway, don't we already have enough strikers?

Even if we haven't, a 34-year old who has proven he can't cut it in the CCC is a no-no from moi.

Why not judge a player on his individual merits and our intended role for him in our team rather than his age and where he is or isnt wanted?

he would only be here as backup which we do need, lewis is good for the future but we cant rely on him and then smalley depending on if he plays rw to score if we get hughes or davies crocked for long spells, wolfy aint good enough so we'l be left with 3 st's next year in effect. Yes he's 34 and geting on but he scored a load in the playoff season and did well vs us - hed be good backup to have and itd only be on a years deal, i suspect if we went up he wouldnt be kept on, same with liddell.

Why not judge a player on his individual merits and our intended role for him in our team rather than his age and where he is or isnt wanted?

Yes, perhaps. However, at the age of 34 I personally don't think he'd cope well. Plus, how long do we tie him down for? 1 year? He wouldn't join. I wouldn't hand him 2 because I want us promoted next year, and his 5 goals in the Championship isn't enough tbh. He'd also be 35 then, too.

I think with 4/5 strikers already on our books, 4 of them under 23, adding a 6th would surely have too much competition?

As I said the the other thread, we need another striker and not just a back up striker, someone to really challenge H****s and Davies place in the first team, a first team striker was targeted in January and I don't see why it would be any different now.

As I said the the other thread, we need another striker and not just a back up striker, someone to really challenge H****s and Davies place in the first team, a first team striker was targeted in January and I don't see why it would be any different now.

I certainly agree with you Coco. No good getting someone to be second fiddle, and I think that's what Shez will be saying to players he's targetting. They should be coming in expecting to be selected and fighting for their place.

I'd much rather see Grant Holt here to give us the variety we desperately need. Morell is a little close to Hughes in style.

I certainly agree with you Coco. No good getting someone to be second fiddle, and I think that's what Shez will be saying to players he's targetting. They should be coming in expecting to be selected and fighting for their place.

I'd much rather see Grant Holt here to give us the variety we desperately need. Morell is a little close to Hughes in style.

I also agree.

People were complaining about keeping Liddle and now they want this guy. Its a step backwards IMO.

Edited by MaskedOwl