Fleming,have we missed the boat?

I heard today that Mick Wadsworth contacted a senior member of our management approx 3 months ago with a recommendation to sign Greg Fleming.

Allegedly Fleming would have been happy to sign for us but a senior member of our coaching staff couldn't allegedly be arsed to do the deal.

Lets hope we have'nt missed the boat yet again

I heard today that Mick Wadsworth contacted a senior member of our management approx 3 months ago with a recommendation to sign Greg Fleming.

Allegedly Fleming would have been happy to sign for us but a senior member of our coaching staff couldn't allegedly be arsed to do the deal.

You seem to be saying that Wadsworth was trying to torpedo the sinking ship.

Nice use of the word 'allegedly' there.

What a load of complete shyte.

Can you honestly see shez/Tommy/Dux saying "who is this fleming bloke? ah stuff it, ive got a cuppa and a kit kat to attend to. let him sign for someone else"

If we wanted him, we would have done our utmost to sign him, if what your saying has a hint of truth about it, it will be that we simply dont want him.

On another note, this fleming deal has all the elemants the allott deal did last year. started off as pie in the sky, then gets reported in a few papers, drags on for months and then.... next thing you know Fleming is the Player of the year 08/09

On another note, this fleming deal has all the elemants the allott deal did last year. started off as pie in the sky, then gets reported in a few papers, drags on for months and then.... next thing you know Fleming is the Player of the year 08/09 ...

... for Doncaster.

:laught16:

Nice use of the word 'allegedly' there.

Yeah you have to be very careful these days but the person who gave me the info is in regular contact with someone very high up at BP and I wouldn't put their position in jeopardy.

Yeah you have to be very careful these days but the person who gave me the info is in regular contact with someone very high up at BP and I wouldn't put their position in jeopardy.

funny how all rumours are like this. Wouldn't be great for once if the person who had the news just said it themselves instead of passing it through as hearsay.

funny how all rumours are like this. Wouldn't be great for once if the person who had the news just said it themselves instead of passing it through as hearsay.

I really don't think that the person who said it would be in a position to do so publicly without possibly costing our manager his job.

Edited by BRAT

I really don't think that the person who said it would be in a position to do so without possibly costing our manager his job.

surely if it was "he couldn't be arsed" rather than "he didn't think he was worth signing" then there is a case for sacking him

Clubs often keep an eye on players for many weeks or months. Why isn't it possible that we've been watching Fleming for a while and seeing how Gretna's situation turned out? If they'd survived and he was under contract maybe we couldn't have afford the fee (or not wanted to pay).

I don't believe "couldn't be arsed" at all. We knew we'd need another keeper next season. This rumour's a load of rubbish.

What a load of tosh. For starters the concept that we were going to sign a player but someone just 'couldn't be arsed' is ridiculous. Plus anyone who uses the word 'allegedly' twice in a sentence can't be taken seriously.

If we want Fleming and he wants us, he'll sign.

I really don't think that the person who said it would be in a position to do so publicly without possibly costing our manager his job.

Yeah, right. Funny how rumours always connect to the same person, the elusive one who cannot be named.

2 possibilities:

1. Hardy or one of TTA, in which case if a member of the management team couldn't be bothered, then they are in a position to do something about it.

2. Not one of TTA or Hardy in which case how the hell would they know why a deal might or might not be done.

Unless of course they were told it by Mick "honest guv" Wadsworth? 'cos he wouldn't tell tales out of school would he, and your mate wouldn't be daft enought to believe unreliable people and then blab about a coach/manager would he? Perhaps he should lose his job?

Gretna Forum...

Just seen this and i thought WTF is he on about.

"It is Oldham who are after Fleming, they were known as the 'Latics' long before Wigan were, fancy you not knowing that."

Sigh! Well Googled...you ****.

Any club with "Athletic" in their name can be nicknamed "Latics"...but Oldham were more commonly known as The Spinners (in the same way WBA are "officially" nicknamed The Albion but every ****** calls them The Baggies). The use of Latics by them (or rather their PR department) has more to do with trying to steal a march on their Lancashire rivals, who have only ever been known as the Latics (or the Paralatics to their detractors)

If it's Oldham then, he's sold himself short.

This guy seems to know nowt!

Greg Thread

Guest oa_exile

Next he will be posting that he count count on his twelve fingers the amount of good games Fleming had , what do you expect from some Border inbred ^_^

Gretna Forum...

Just seen this and i thought WTF is he on about.

"It is Oldham who are after Fleming, they were known as the 'Latics' long before Wigan were, fancy you not knowing that."

Sigh! Well Googled...you ****.

Any club with "Athletic" in their name can be nicknamed "Latics"...but Oldham were more commonly known as The Spinners (in the same way WBA are "officially" nicknamed The Albion but every ****** calls them The Baggies). The use of Latics by them (or rather their PR department) has more to do with trying to steal a march on their Lancashire rivals, who have only ever been known as the Latics (or the Paralatics to their detractors)

If it's Oldham then, he's sold himself short.

Greg Thread

Come on you SPINNERS......AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Just don''t sound right does it :blink: