Shame really, the lad is only trying to generate atmosphere & if suffering character assanation.

Be good if the club could get him some tutoring to assist with his rhythm and make BP a fortress for once.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about the drum is that it works when it's played well. Blackpool's drum is brilliant...but I think that's more to do with the drummer than the drum. He plays when he's needed, but when everything's in full flow he doesn't play. I actually think this happened this year, at Bristol if my memory serves me correctly, and even in an open stand the atmosphere was great. When the drum was taken away in the second half, it wasn't anywhere near as good (though that may have been due to the fact that only the Mark Crossley Super Show was keeping us in the game :grin: ). Anyway, as Horlicks says...when OWTB is in full flow, the drummer ruins it. If he learnt how and when to play the drum it wouldn't be anywhere near as big an issue as it has become.

Nail on the head! It's the timing of the drumming that winds so many people up. Away at Hudds this year we were quieter than we've been for years, mainly because every time "Oh when the Blues..." started, it was ruined by the drummer.

And hoping that the drummer takes this on board seems to be futile given the attitude of his parents. The timing issue has been raised many times by many people, but blue forty has never acknowledged the point, they just seem to see it as moaning. Or in other words, "Josh can do what he likes, we don't care about anyone else."

I wonder where blue forty is sitting next season, given that daddy sits away from the drum in the chaddy?

I was just thinking how horrible it would be if a stray, steel top capped boot happened to put a hole in the drum whist it was on the floor.

:naughty::angel:

Some people need to get a grip at this club. The drum can only benefit the atmos!

I've been in many a ground including BP that was rocking..................... and shockingly NO DRUM! I think we once had a poll on here and the majority voting against. It's about time the club went with that. I really hope he aint sat anywhere near me, I really really do. Noise polution nowt more.

Just had a thought.

My cousin is something of a Physics genius.

I wonder if he'd be able to design an "anti-drum" that would perfectly cancel out the drum?

Main problem might be finding an equally talented anti-drummer...

You dont need a drum to create an atmosphere. Though it helps if used correctly, ala Blackpool. So long as it's not hit just for the sake of it like he's been known to do in the past, then he'll be fine. Donny away in the JPT last season showed what even 50 people with a drum can do and it did help that night (before it was stolen by a little whippet of a donny fan), when he finally showed he can actually make good use of it.

I just hope he doesnt overuse it and start aggravating people by ruining songs they've started.

Those that dont like it, or the noise though - the RRE is always big enough to shift over the opposite end to him and have their own little sing song.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Nail on the head! It's the timing of the drumming that winds so many people up. Away at Hudds this year we were quieter than we've been for years, mainly because every time "Oh when the Blues..." started, it was ruined by the drummer.

And hoping that the drummer takes this on board seems to be futile given the attitude of his parents. The timing issue has been raised many times by many people, but blue forty has never acknowledged the point, they just seem to see it as moaning. Or in other words, "Josh can do what he likes, we don't care about anyone else."

I wonder where blue forty is sitting next season, given that daddy sits away from the drum in the chaddy?

The only time the drum as really worked well with the singing (that I've seen) was at Gas last year*** .... it seemed the drummer was actually paying attention as to what was going on around him and was lead rather than leading

When the drum went in the second half don't think the atmosphere changed because of it one little bit, later on in the half it did which was more to do with drink taking its toll on many as well as what was going on on the pitch.

Not sure what was going on though when we tried to make a substitute drum out of the toilet block.

Can't fault him what he tries to do, but he needs to play to the audience (so to speak) rather than what he wants .....

Unfortunately I don't think his Dad does help on occasions. The way he laid into the stewards after Forest away (when they were returning the drum they took off him at the gate) was embarishing for other Latics fans to watch and reflected bad on all those there. One best atmospheres away last year and without the drum.

The issue with the RRE is that will be full of people who simply do not like the drum, if they did they would have been in the Chaddy. BP all everyone knows has two groups of singers. Those in the Chaddy who (seem to) like the drum and those who sit in the Lookers who simply don't. So when the Lookers went were do you think everyone would go ..... yep the RRE safe in the knowledge that there would be plenty of singing, all their mates from the Lookers and no drummer.

People from the Chaddy would always be heading over but no body expected the drum.

It was also posted earlier, by Oafc lover (in between what seems like never ended mini-rants ) that if there was a singing section this would not had happen ........ errrr whats that little section in the right hand of the Chaddy (where the drum usually is).

I cannot see how it will not be a issue it being in the RRE as who could you justify allowing it to stay in the RRE t the amount of people who will complain about it to and will lead to one of two things;

Its moved to the Chaddy or

Its banned from BP

*** I reserve the right to say i was very drunk at the time though

Further fuel for thought ............ what happens when the oppo fans bring a drum???

Those not liking the drum are probally going to have on in each ear ? It could be said to those complaining about the drum being in the RRE that you should know oppo fans can bring drums sometimes so moving yourself there in the first place may not had been the best thing to do ..... now thats not necessary my opinion, but you can see there are many arguements for and against the drum.

Will they both try to out play each other ??? Could drums in close prox to each set of oppo fans lead to problems / flash points ... certainly will!!

I'm sure the club will be concern having to sets of fans only a few yards away... does it make sense for the club to actually allow drums in the RRE given this ???

Donny away in the JPT last season showed what even 50 people with a drum can do and it did help that night (before it was stolen by a little whippet of a donny fan), when he finally showed he can actually make good use of it.

So if he'd just learned how to make good use of the old drum, is the problem the new one?

So when the Lookers went were do you think everyone would go ..... yep the RRE safe in the knowledge that there would be plenty of singing, all their mates from the Lookers and no drummer.

People from the Chaddy would always be heading over but no body expected the drum.

As the Chaddy Enders have been told repeatedly how fantastic the acoustics are in the RRE, then it is the obvious place for a drummer to want to play.

coz every time i look on this so called 'fans site ' (of which me and my lad are two of the most loyal home and away)theres always someone havin a moan about 'the drummer' i just wish you would all get over it and get a life !!!!!!!!!! this site is now being deleted from my pc and my lad and myself will no longer be visiting or posting again see ya,ll K.T.F. :dead:

thanks for the laugh.. this picture has really lightened the debate up lol (Y) quality

I thought you wasnt posting again :lol:

Edited by oafc0000

As the Chaddy Enders have been told repeatedly how fantastic the acoustics are in the RRE, then it is the obvious place for a drummer to want to play. be

Obviously by the reaction of people with ST tickets there its not ........ I didn't expect it

Blue Forty, given that a lot of people, includin me don't want the drum anywhere near and it spoils our day, what do you have to say to us?

Because a hand full of people are ok with it they think its ok to continue....

In my eyes if it causing more than a handful of people a problem it should be stopped.....

I stand here ready to be correct though...

Edited by oafc0000