What are you listening to at this moment?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the lurgy for about a week and for a break from the news channels I ended up sticking the music channels on.

After a few days of heavy rotation I can't get this out of my head, I am really sorry, I will hand my membership of the decent music club in at the door on my way out.

Nikki Minaj - Superb Ass

Got into this too:

Wretch 32 - Don't Go, The vocals get a bit coldplayie at times though.

I've had the lurgy for about a week and for a break from the news channels I ended up sticking the music channels on.

After a few days of heavy rotation I can't get this out of my head, I am really sorry, I will hand my membership of the decent music club in at the door on my way out.

Nikki Minaj - Superb Ass

I'm quite familar with this track. Me girl sings it to me when I get home from the gym and she wants a bit of loving...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm late on this but I can not stop listening to this, one of the best all round pop songs I've heard for such a long time. Instant classic in my book. Don't know the full story behind it, there could well be a Machiavellian svengali or corporate record company behind it, even so, like some of the best records ever you can't fault the tune.

I'm late on this but I can not stop listening to this, one of the best all round pop songs I've heard for such a long time. Instant classic in my book. Don't know the full story behind it, there could well be a Machiavellian svengali or corporate record company behind it, even so, like some of the best records ever you can't fault the tune.

Six music have been playing the shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee out of that lately. Which isn't like them.

Really good song though. I didn't like it at first but it's pretty infectious.

I'd heard the name being bandied about everywhere but wrote it off as the usual hype machine blowing smoke up some PR machine. Then there was this article in the grauniad http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/nov/23/nme-cool-list-people-never-heard?INTCMP=SRCH about the nme's cool list, I clicked on the link for Lana Del Rey and within 30 seconds was hooked, and that was from listening rather than just watching!

Very much in the vein that Richard Hawley has been channelling so successfully recently, bit of Dusty Springfield, June Carter.

"It's you, it's you, it's all for you

Everything I do

I tell you all the time

Heaven is a place on earth with you

Tell me all the things you want to do

I heard that you like the bad girls

Honey, is that true?

It's better than I ever even knew

They say that the world was built for two

Only worth living if somebody is loving you

Baby now you do"

That verse just blew me away, not heard a love song that comes close for ages, probably more to do with me not listening to love songs :grin:

• 3 weeks later...