Corney's latest statement

same with Glossop, if I was to go to a game by public transport it would consist of

walk to station....20 minutes

train to Piccadilly..... 40 minutes (3 quid)

walk to bus stop.... 10 minutes

bus to Chadderton....40 minutes (another 3 quid)

walk to BP (or pub nearby).... 10 minutes

so if I want to get there in good time and to sample pre match atmosphere that means I have to leave my house at 12pm, whereas if I went to Stockport, it would mean me paying just 1 quid more for the train and taking an hour less, hence why most of my mates support County instead of Latics

Warrington only have a amature football team .... Then again the same can be said about Stockport :lol:

Watching the Warrington Wolves (Puppies) did cross my mind though....

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

532 18 year olds is a tiny percentage of the 18 year olds in oldham

out of those probably 10-20 might go to Latics on a regular basis.

the number of jobs in Oldham has always been low in comparison to many other areas of the country.

i don't know anyone who's "moved away" to find work, ever (???)

This is a joke? I had to move to north-west Wales years ago. Since then i know of half a dozen in the area who came out here to work but who go back to Oldham on a regular basis. Reading posts on this board gives a clear indication that there must be hundreds who have moved substantial distances. Not only that, even when living in Saddleworth it was clear that many supporters came from outside the Oldham MB area (Tameside etc).

Having said that, I have no doubt that the majority of fans still live in Oldham, but I've often wondered home many actually come from the town. Anybody know of anyway of doing a survey?

Anyway, it's been said many, many times, our support has never been great. Surely the TTA's looked at the figures over the years? Or did Alan Hardy do a job on them (the figures)???

I always liked Big Joe's outlook - low on quantity high on quality!

Guest oa_exile
....but I've often wondered home many actually come from the town. Anybody know of anyway of doing a survey?

....as singe quoted

Wonder if Jimmy Reades statistical analysis of Latics Attendnaces ever got used?

There was a lad on the old JKLatics MB (Jimmy Reade) who was doing something , never heard anything after though.

....as singe quoted

There was a lad on the old JKLatics MB (Jimmy Reade) who was doing something , never heard anything after though.

Whatever happened to Jimmy Reade? He was a 'pasionate' poster. Last I remeber, he was finishing Uni. Didn't he find God?

Thanks OA. An interesting article but there are two basic points which my small brain seems to fix on. First, this model is based on a period of economic stability. This has clearly changed. Second, without decrying what is a theoretical, academic model, to be honest it is simply stating the obvious. Not much help and, to be fair, it's not meant to be in terms of what we've been discussing.

Still, as I say, my limited brain power may have missed something. :blush:

This is a joke? I had to move to north-west Wales years ago. Since then i know of half a dozen in the area who came out here to work but who go back to Oldham on a regular basis. Reading posts on this board gives a clear indication that there must be hundreds who have moved substantial distances. Not only that, even when living in Saddleworth it was clear that many supporters came from outside the Oldham MB area (Tameside etc).

you're talking about re-locating for a better job/more money/firm closes down so can't do your job in this area anymore aren't you? yes, I know loads of people who've done that - myself and my dad included.

the other bloke was talking about "moving away to find work" which I read as leaving Oldham, bags packed for streets paved with gold Dick Whittington style.

Thanks OA. An interesting article but there are two basic points which my small brain seems to fix on. First, this model is based on a period of economic stability. This has clearly changed. Second, without decrying what is a theoretical, academic model, to be honest it is simply stating the obvious. Not much help and, to be fair, it's not meant to be in terms of what we've been discussing.

Still, as I say, my limited brain power may have missed something. :blush:

Nah, that's about the long and the short of it.

Yep All 6th formers leaving to go to unis. Thats how many 6th formers applied for funding via student loans via OMBC a further 300+ later applied via clearing.

Yup, I would call that a large amount of young kids leaving the town... I wonder how many actually return and stay in Oldham... Looking at my facebook contacts not many have there location down as Oldham....