Stockport Away

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as an away fan, sitting in with the season ticket holders who like to sit next to the away fans does not strike me as good advice. ie going in the rocky road small bit if i supported leeds

I think that going nearer the away fans will be best. I would say 500+ Latics fans in the home end. It might be like spot the Latics fans among the Stockport fans in different parts of the ground. Thankfully am in the away end.

Just because we have a few muppets who will go out of their way to choose a seat where they can spend 90 minutes gesticulating across the segregation rather then watching the game doesn't mean to say it's the same at every club. The fans of most clubs probably have the sense to sit where they would have prefered to sit anyway regardless of the away fans.

Look at some the grounds we've visited in recent years where one of the stands has been split, Scunthorpe, Walsall, Leyton Orient, Bristol Rovers, Brentford, Bradford, Bournemouth, none of those clubs had muppets going out of their way to sit beside the away fans. What few "easily agitated" fans those clubs had in attendance were situated in other stands and from what I've seen of Stockport's support I reckon what few fans of that ilk they have are far more likely to be situated in the Cheadle End than the Popular Side.

I still reckon my suggestion is far preferable to sitting in a different stand but a suggestion is all it is and the people who don't have tickets in the away end will make their own minds up, I've got one so it's not an issue for me.

Stockport have averaged 6002 over their 4 home gates to date, one of which was a tuesday night against Northampton (4974). The three Saturday games have averaged 6345.

The other point I'd make is they've had a hard start to the season in terms of who've they've played to date. Leicester (H), Hartlepool (A), Scunthorpe (H), Orient (A), Northampton (H), Swindon (H), Cheltenham (A).

So I'll go for a bumper 8500 turnout for them.

Edited by Lags

Just to say, surely the last place you would go if you dont get Latics tickets is the Cheadle end.... would be like sitting in the chaddy as an away fan at oldham...

Main stand all the way is my opinion...

yeah I'll second that, your best in the Popular Side or Hardcastle Road, from my experience of the Cheadle End there is a fair few chavs in there, they were fighting each other when County played Rochdale that time so god knows what they'd do with opposition fans

yeah I'll second that, your best in the Popular Side or Hardcastle Road, from my experience of the Cheadle End there is a fair few chavs in there, they were fighting each other when County played Rochdale that time so god knows what they'd do with opposition fans

They did get beat 7-2 that day though.

What a game that was. :grin:

I'll go in whatever stand the ticket office let's me in for a kid after 3 hours on the pop in Manchester after work. :lol:

It'll be all to confusing for them stewards on Friday a Dale fan, trying to get into the Home fans stand to support Oldham claiming he's 15!! Ok .... I recon I'll give you the looking 15 bit

I'll go in whatever stand the ticket office let's me in for a kid after 3 hours on the pop in Manchester after work. :lol:

It'll be all to confusing for them stewards on Friday a Dale fan, trying to get into the Home fans stand to support Oldham claiming he's 15!! Ok .... I recon I'll give you the looking 15 bit.