Sold Out Games?

How many times since Premiership day's have we actually sold out the full allocation given to us? I remember Man City, Everton and Blackpool off the top of my head. Was Dale this year officially sold out? I know we've nearly sold out a few times but have we done many sell outs?

Guest sheridans_world

Yea definatley scunthorpe. If we didnt sell Brentford out when the stewards finally cut the tape around those seats then I'm suprised, it finished 2-2 the game where Leon (30 stone) Clarke was crap and very nearly missed a penalty.

Chelsea in the FA Cup in 1999, and Hartlepool away in 2003/04 were games where I was unable to get a ticket due to us selling them all

Chelsea in 99 was a virtual sell out but we had loads of fake fans show up (including the bloke who threw the pie alledegedly). I don't think we have ever sold out Hartlepool (closest we got was probably this year's effort). Man City in the cup was like Chelsea but there were a few spare seats knocking about (and a few City fans in the home ends). Scunny I think was a sell out, but not Wolves (was a few spare seats near me and a bunch in a corner somewhere, I think). However, just because there are some spare seats doesn't mean its a sell-out (people don't turn up etc.), but for us to legitimately sell out for a standard league game I think you are Scunny, and then the games we had against City (when they were in League 1)

Scunny we did. Blackpool we kind of did. Some were returned (not sure if they went - think they did, but by then it was sadly too late). QPR didn't.

We have got nowhere near selling out Hartlepool away.

Next one beyond that Grimsby, but as mentioned that is a crock of *&&^%.

Then it is back to the gloryfan days by my reckoning.

wolves did sell out, so did blackpool, as i know people who missed out. i remember having no sympathy as they had plenty of time to buy, now im on the flipside of that coin.

bury away they had to put oldham in a quarter of the main stand as the away end was full

Chelsea in 99 was a virtual sell out but we had loads of fake fans show up (including the bloke who threw the pie alledegedly). I don't think we have ever sold out Hartlepool (closest we got was probably this year's effort). Man City in the cup was like Chelsea but there were a few spare seats knocking about (and a few City fans in the home ends). Scunny I think was a sell out, but not Wolves (was a few spare seats near me and a bunch in a corner somewhere, I think). However, just because there are some spare seats doesn't mean its a sell-out (people don't turn up etc.), but for us to legitimately sell out for a standard league game I think you are Scunny, and then the games we had against City (when they were in League 1)

I think with the Chelsea game that time, we sold out the home end (thanks to the daytrippers I failed to get a ticket) but the away end wasnt sold out. I dont know about selling out but that game 2 seasons ago at Huddersfield it was very difficult to get a seat

We definately sold our allocation for the Wigan game a few seasons back, i think we scored after about 15 seconds that day but did nothing else for the rest of the game. Was it also the day the plastic latic's got promoted as i remember all there hard cases (10 year olds) running on to the pitch and trying to wind us up, very funny.

I dont know about selling out but that game 2 seasons ago at Huddersfield it was very difficult to get a seat

Rubbish Tommy, there were 1200 spare seats in our stand that game. I worked it out at the time they announced the attendance.

Incidentally, we got there late and squeezed in right at the very front, on the side...

Rubbish Tommy, there were 1200 spare seats in our stand that game. I worked it out at the time they announced the attendance.

Incidentally, we got there late and squeezed in right at the very front, on the side...

I got squeezed in to the bottom corner and there were empty seats around me, but it took a bloody long time to find them because they put meshing over one section of seats

I think with the Chelsea game that time, we sold out the home end (thanks to the daytrippers I failed to get a ticket) but the away end wasnt sold out. I dont know about selling out but that game 2 seasons ago at Huddersfield it was very difficult to get a seat

Remember that Huddersfield game. I had to share a seat we won 3-0 if am correct.

Did we not sell Wigan out, well what they gave us? When Wayno scored in like 12 seconds? I remember us taking something like 4000 but dont know if we sold it out or not.

It was 3998 to be precise :grin:

I loved singing "Shall we fill your ground for you?" to the plastics :lol:

Edited by ghostofcecere

We did not sell out at Burton away was live on Sky. Sometimes we can sell our allocation but it does not mean the entire stand has been given.

We've been very lucky in that whenever tickets have been seriously limited (i.e. a few hundred) the match has been televised. I remember Burton as being one I was worried about getting a ticket for. I had one for the home end as soon as they went on sale but obviously wanted to be in the away end.