Well ... dont know what to say. :censored:e probably best sums us up.

First half was pretty even and tbh didnt deserve to be winning, what a freakish goal aswell. Both teams looked good going forward but week at the back.

Second half was just a complete joke. Stockport were brilliant and played the ball around for fun, our lads just watched and let them pass it around and didnt really make any attempt to close down. There left winger ran rings round Eardley, we looked like a pub-side and made them look like Brazil. The most annoying thing isnt the loss, its the manner of it, how the lads just didnt bother to turn up second half. But like i said Stockport played v.well second half and ill hold my hands up to that. Didnt understand why he took off OGrady, thought he was doing alreet. Allott and Whitts again were pasengers and were cut through countless times. Eardley, well, wont even go there. Thought the lad Jones did really well, especially to say he signed today.

On a side note ... the policing was a farse! Heard a steward or two say they were told to expect no Oldham fans in the home ends, what a :censored:ing joke, has everyone at Stockport been walking round with there eyes shut. hard to tell from our end, but it seemed to kick off in the corner first with Oldham lads getting chucked out and then when we scored it was mayhem, looked like the whole right of the stand just piled down and started fighting, the policing was a joke though because they were all down our end for no reason really, everybody (barring the officials) knew there was Oldham around, took them an age to get going. Made a cracking sight though from the other end :D like the old days!

All in all deserved nothing from the game and got nothing, Stockport were the better team and won, cant say fairer than that.

Edited by kellys_discopants

I thought the problems began when the manager didn't react to Stockports substitution of attacking midfielder Carl Baker at the start of the second half.

Stockport took the initiative from then and didn't let it go.

IMO apart from the goal Liddell contributed little.

Edited by BP1960

I thoughty the probakme sbegan when he didb;tvract to Syoclportty substyionof attacking nidfiekdeerr Carl Baker at tehstar og teh sevoind half.

Stockportt yool teh iniatibve fromn teghn and didn;y let it go.

IMO apaert from the goals Liddell contibited liile, if fact I thinj rtgats why they toolk the left vack off reralsih tghre wan's s was

I thoughty the probakme sbegan when he didb;tvract to Syoclportty substyionof attacking nidfiekdeerr Carl Baker at tehstar og teh sevoind half.

IMO apaert from the goals Liddell contibited liile, if fact I thinj rtgats why they toolk the left vack off reralsih tghre wan's s was

Go for a lie down, have a drink of water, then come back and try again.

Edited by pdw76

Is that Dutch?

Spot on there KD. We got exactly what we deserved for a decidedly lacklustre 2nd half performance where County really played well. We were bossed by a bunch of youngsters.

Looked shaky as hell in the air at the back - both their first two goals were very similar with their front lads winning the flick on. Eardly ripped apart again. Jones looked ok though. We missed Greegs badly again, but from what I heard today, he could be out for a little longer.......

Davies was lively in the first and caused them all sorts of problems but should have done much better in the 2nd with an effort he blazed over the bar.

First ten minutes of the first half I thought we were gonna bag a hatfull, but that was about as good as it got.

Pissed off.

Edited by Snookmeister

Just back now, absolutely gutted.

We had it to win, they didn't look like they were going anywhere, then they suddenly came good and we didnt get a look in. That said we had some shocking chances wasted.

I was in their stand with my county mate, their fans were cheering taylor throughout the game and succeeded in winding him up.

The policing was ridiculous, I was shocked at what I saw...stamping, kicking, group mauling, and it took them ages to even get close to sorting it out. There just weren't enough of them for a start. I really hope those guys were ok. Perhaps latics should've got a better allocation to have prevented that. I felt pretty edgy for the rest of the game after that. Not good for the kids to see, especially with the game having to be stopped (which was incidentally the beginning of the end for us)

Still Jones looked promising.

We missed Greegs badly again, but from what I heard today, he could be out for a little longer.......

Spot on, but do tell about the bit you know about him being out for longer.

We wouldn't have conceded goals like that had Gregan been at the back. Very soft and naive defending overall.

We wouldn't have conceded goals like that had Gregan been at the back. Very soft and naive defending overall.

Wasn't gonna say anything, but couldn't really contain myself....................

I'm afraid our Sean was nicked this morning for driving under the influence. Bailed later in the day.

Grassed up by an anonymous female caller I'm led to believe, which is suspected to be his estranged mrs.......

And before anyone asks, my source is cast iron.

Well what can you say after that!!!!....We were so much on top in the first half it must have been embarrassing for em! The problem is when we are on top like that we need to score and if we had got a second we would have gone on to win comfortably.

The way we surrendered in the second half was alarming.... just what was said at half time...God only knows!

We had to lose sometime but against County..it's so flaming frustrating. We battered em first half but all we had to show for it was a a fluke goal direct from a corner. Davies and O'Grady were causing all sorts of problems but not where it mattered...In the box!!!

Without Hughes we just don't look like scoring a goal...Davies and O'Grady are too similar in style and I doubt they would score 15 between them all season.

At the back we miss Gregan so much and it's now beginning to tell...All in all too many changes tonight and although Lomax has not been at his best of late, to be dropped at the expense of a last minute loanee who I expect hadn't even met his new teammates, must have been a real kick in the teeth!!!...... however, Sheridan does have a habit of making some very strange decisions.

Taylor was again superb tonight, and probably the best player on the field but I'm sorry...Crossley at 6ft 3in beaten twice in the 6 yard box and chipped from close range for the third has to take some blame for all the goals.

When playing away we can't afford to play 2 wingers, especially if one of them is Liddell as he's just not a threat anymore. Our midfield pair are too far away from the strikers and so most of our promising attacking moves come to nothing.

I'd rather play Taylor in a front three and throw in an extra midfielder like Stephens as they had so much room there in the second half.

It's not all doom and gloom as we've had a brilliant start...much better than I expected but, I feel that unless we change our formation, especially away from home, we're going to have a few more reverses like this, especially against the better footballing sides in the division.

the first was well worked by there classy left winger BUT how we twice let them win a near post flick on and the ball was allowed to fall to the deck was appaling .... BAD DEFENDING

Eards left the ball for their 3rd which was a nice finish

Gregan is the difference between promotion and mid table i'm afraid

Ive heard and read a couple of 'crossley to blame' posts, but i'm sorry, if you don't/can't defend first and second balls from throwings, crosses or corners then you are going to get beat - simple as, wether crossley or gordon banks is between your sticks - as for being lobbed, it was a very deft touch for a big lad and i wonder If Eardley has moved from that spot yet?

Ive heard and read a couple of 'crossley to blame' posts, but i'm sorry, if you don't/can't defend first and second balls from throwings, crosses or corners then you are going to get beat - simple as, wether crossley or gordon banks is between your sticks - as for being lobbed, it was a very deft touch for a big lad and i wonder If Eardley has moved from that spot yet?

Maybe so, but sometimes he doesn't get close to saving them.

Time for the other chap, Fleming to be given a go me thinks.