Give Fleming a chance

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked very solid today and hasn't conceded in a goal in the League for us yet, hasnt put a foot wrong so surely should be first choice ahead of Calamity Crossley now.

Apart from that cross he came out for and completely missed it and had they had a player at the back it'd have been an easy tap in. :wink:

Nothing against him, made a good save today and rushed out to collect the ball a few times but Crossley is still number one for me.

If he is fit - crossley starts. But this season means 100% fit, no more do we have to see him wincing after the first thing he has to do within 5 minutes.

A 100% fit crossley is our number 1 - especially against the Leeds and Leicester's in this division.

... Fleming will still get enough games at cover... and be number 1 next year...

He looked very solid today and hasn't conceded in a goal in the League for us yet, hasnt put a foot wrong so surely should be first choice ahead of Calamity Crossley now.

Not sure if this is a whoosh, but 45 mins without conceding against the bottom team in the league is hardly a reason to displace on of our best players this season.

He might not have conceded a goal in the league but he conceded 3 in the league cup and didn't look too secure. I would agree with BigFin, Crossley is our number 1 if fit (he doesn't have to be 100% but he has to be close) and Fleming is in reserve he will probably play more games this season than a lot of other goalies but he is not good enough to replace Crossley just because you don't rate him Lordy. It depends though on how serious Crossley's injury is as Fleming could get a run in the team and would become harder to drop if he plays well.

Norm had a shakey start. By the time he struggled to try to reach the one which was going over him and looked like it was dropping into the net (think that's when he hurt his back), it was his third misjudgement. After that third one, he turned to the Chaddy and gave us a look which meant that he'd got away with that one! Then a few minutes later he made a great save, diving to his left.

Even when injured, his kicking was better than Fleming's.

"His body is a temple" was sung during his treatment and as he went off at half-time.

Norm will do his damnedest to get fit to face Leicester, who he still sees as 'the enemy' from his Forest days.

WTF is going on between the physio and crossley? the face-stroking at tranmere was bad enough (it's on LW, i'm not imagining it),but i think i speak for everyone in the chaddy end when i say i could have done without seeing the arse massage just before HT.....

your really a clutching with this one Lordy, ah well it wouldn't be the same without your anti-crossley posts :blink: . Created for trying a different route (than below), but I think your'll get the same response as previously.

because i dont. Also made me think when their keeper made a wondersave from taylor in the second half that Crossley wouldnt have got anywhere near it so surely we need a better keeper.

Two things after watchin the highlights.

1. Maybe a draw wasn't as bad a result as i thought on the day after the final whistle.

2. Crossley probably should have saved the 1st goal aswell as obviously the 2nd as i wasnt very impressed at all at what can only be described as a desperate flop for the 1st goal.

Guest sheridans_world

Its a fact he hasnt conceded a goal while playing in the league for us! Even though he's not really played and we have a back four to stop that from happening, he still hasnt conceded!!

Bah, Crossley back in net for me.

Twas my first sighting of Fleming, can't say he filled me with bags of confidence. It must be a huge readjustment from getting battered with Yantorno's Gretna last season and he's not a bad replacement, and yes Norm had a few shaky moments but is clearly the No 1.

Twas my first sighting of Fleming, can't say he filled me with bags of confidence. It must be a huge readjustment from getting battered with Yantorno's Gretna last season and he's not a bad replacement, and yes Norm had a few shaky moments but is clearly the No 1.

Looked a little nervous really, but then again the last thing you need in your first appearance in a league match is a back pass bobbling around all over the place straight away. Then he flapped at a corner and got caught badly positioned when Jones made that miracle clearance on the line. But he showed promise and I think he'll be OK, especially if he pulls more wonder saves off like that one from Celab Folan against Hull in the pre-season friendly game.

So you missed his poor kicking and him flapping at crosses then!! Crossley is defo number 1 at the moment, the jury is still out on Flemming, he looks like a back up keeper at this stage to me.

To be honest ive actually been told by one of my sources within League 1 that Fleming is useless. I just presumed he would atleast be better than Crossley. What about getting someone in on loan. Fon Williams from Stockport maybe now they have the mighty Frazer Forster who is class. He did well for Wales u21s and hes been class this season except against us. Another good keeper is John Ruddy from Everton who i think was on loan at Stockport last year too.

To be honest ive actually been told by one of my sources within League 1 that Fleming is useless. I just presumed he would atleast be better than Crossley. What about getting someone in on loan. Fon Williams from Stockport maybe now they have the mighty Frazer Forster who is class. He did well for Wales u21s and hes been class this season except against us. Another good keeper is John Ruddy from Everton who i think was on loan at Stockport last year too.

League One sources know loads about Scottish goalkeepers.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Fon Williams! erm no we will stick with crossley thanks.

:laught16:

Brilliant. Theres nothing like creating credibility for your opinions like making a statement, then a few points down saying the exact opposite. Fantastic.

You have just said with your own eyes that you think fleming is decent - yet 'one of your other league one sources' now thinks otherwise, so even though in your own opinion you rate fleming, he suddely becomes crap... brilliant. I would also love to believe that your other source is not some other kid in the chaddy, but I dont.

Edited by BigfinLatic

cant believe we started the get rid of crossley thread again, he is a far better keeper than fleming and deserves to be number one yeah flemings ok but not to be placed in front of crossley - wot doees he have do to win over all those doubting thomas's who reckon crossley is :censored:

Edited by neiladamsheadband

Keep it up Lordy - I need some good entertainment in these dark days. :laught16:

I rate Fleming highly and I reckon he will become a very good keeper for us, not least because he's learning all the time from one of the best.

However, Crossley remains my number one choice for now, and remains the best keeper we've had since Hallworth, possibly Goram.

Keep it up Lordy - I need some good entertainment in these dark days. :laught16:

I rate Fleming highly and I reckon he will become a very good keeper for us, not least because he's learning all the time from one of the best.

However, Crossley remains my number one choice for now, and remains the best keeper we've had since Hallworth, possibly Goram.

Don't know Gerrard, (who btw is looking for a club but we can't afford his wages) Kelly and Pogs were all fairly decent and would give Temple a run for his money

:laught16:

Brilliant. Theres nothing like creating credibility for your opinions like making a statement, then a few points down saying the exact opposite. Fantastic.

You have just said with your own eyes that you think fleming is decent - yet 'one of your other league one sources' now thinks otherwise, so even though in your own opinion you rate fleming, he suddely becomes crap... brilliant. I would also love to believe that your other source is not some other kid in the chaddy, but I dont.

My 'praise' for Fleming was obviously tongue in cheek as everyone knows i dont rate Crossley at all but they are both sub standard and if Crossley is injured for a long period i wouldnt be surprised if we brought in a Short term signing. And as for my source there are several people on here who know my sources within the game are genuine.

Edited by Lordy