Fa cup

Is everyone excited for the fa cup? The draw is this Sunday with the football starting on the 8th November. Its a shame that BBC are not doing it anymore they are the best. Lets hope for a good long run this year. Beating one or maybe two premier league teams

Keep the faith

I hope we get to the third round minimum, draw some obscure non-league side away at some point and draw a Premier side and give them a good game before fully concentrating on winning the league!

First round draw is always good!

I hope we get to the third round minimum, draw some obscure non-league side away at some point and draw a Premier side and give them a good game before fully concentrating on winning the league!

Non-league club away on a saturday, is the draw on telly?

The FA cup is my favourite competition not just because we have a decent record since I've been watching Latics but because you can guarantee an upset somewhere along the line and it is this that makes it so special. An ideal draw for me would be Durham City (who beat Stalybridge 6-1 at Stalybridge) away, in the first round with a North east flavour until we get to Wembley but I would settle for a tie closer than the 120 miles it is from Durham to the three sided fortress.

The FA cup is my favourite competition not just because we have a decent record since I've been watching Latics but because you can guarantee an upset somewhere along the line and it is this that makes it so special. An ideal draw for me would be Durham City (who beat Stalybridge 6-1 at Stalybridge) away, in the first round with a North east flavour until we get to Wembley but I would settle for a tie closer than the 120 miles it is from Durham to the three sided fortress.

had 2 tough ties last season before meeting everton. kettering away and doncaster at home wasnt it?? ive got stock take so ill miss the 1st round this season and i have a feeling it will be somebody like rochdale away, and if it is i no for a fact it will be better than the carling cup tie.

had 2 tough ties last season before meeting everton. kettering away and doncaster at home wasnt it?? ive got stock take so ill miss the 1st round this season and i have a feeling it will be somebody like rochdale away, and if it is i no for a fact it will be better than the carling cup tie.

It was Donny at home which we won after a replay, and then Crewe at home. Kettering and Kings Lynn was the season before...I'd take that sort of run again, as long as we can avoid the nerves and panic that ensued at Rockingham Road before MIA bagged.

We need to get through the first round and then get a home draw for the second so we get to see the legend that is Roger Palmer back at BP!!

You going to turn up then Ric? I reckon there is more chance of Roger turning up for a match against Nuneaton Borough than you.

Devils advocate hat off now :wink::wink::wink: .

KtF,

Derek.

You going to turn up then Ric? I reckon there is more chance of Roger turning up for a match against Nuneaton Borough than you.

Devils advocate hat off now :wink::wink::wink: .

KtF,

Derek.

Cant wait. Still got the FA cup 'thundersticks' i got handed at Kettering away tucked in the bottom of a drawer. They're coming out for the 1st round!

If we get a game on Setanta i may just cry.

I don't think i could put up with a crappy quality online stream!

I will as well is like the unlucky channel to be on. Does any know who gets the first pickings at the games because BBC used to chose first.

I hope we get to the third round minimum, draw some obscure non-league side away at some point and draw a Premier side and give them a good game hammer them before fully concentrating on winning the league! whimpering out to a inferior local rivals.

I will as well is like the unlucky channel to be on. Does any know who gets the first pickings at the games because BBC used to chose first.

Setanta will screen a total of 17 live matches from the competition, while ITV will take 12, with the first pick of games in each round. So you can expect around 3 live games on Setanta in each round and 2 on ITV.

i go away on this years carribean cruise on the 7th november, and unless i have got it wrong, for once i don't miss a single home game!! IIRC i missed 2 league and 1 cup last year!

well thats unless we get a home tie in the fa cup.... so for me.... away in the first round will be great!!!

So - come on then all you "lets have a good cup run again this year" happy clappers.

If I offer you a glorious cup run to the 6th Round, including removing a couple of the so called glammer clubs on the way, or losing to some rank bad

non-league side in the first round but getting automatic promotion, which would you take?

KTF

So - come on then all you "lets have a good cup run again this year" happy clappers.

If I offer you a glorious cup run to the 6th Round, including removing a couple of the so called glammer clubs on the way, or losing to some rank bad

non-league side in the first round but getting automatic promotion, which would you take?

KTF

I would go up but if we got to the 6th round with a few premier league clubs thrown in there then l would take the cup run.

The mighty Brewers have arguably the toughest tie away at Conference Leaders Kettering Town. Ideally for B.A.L.L.S., we would like a draw, with the winners drawn at home to Latics. Then we would be able to attend the replay, willing the Brewers on to victory so that the Pirelli Stadium could host the Ernie Flag in the first round proper. B)

KTF

If you could guarantee ManUre being one of the "so-called glamour clubs", then I would snatch off your hand and forego promotion.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns