Leeds - Bring Your Scarves!

Now on the fishul! :grin:

CLICK HERE TO SEE IT!

A club spokesman said: "We were approached by a fan with this idea and we are happy to lend our weight to it.

Tuh, could of said OAFCguy :wink:

Well the e-mail I have got off Alan Hardy is;

We will be getting some publicity on our web site this week and I will speak with the Chronicle and Advertiser, we will also use the programme and PA system to tell fans.

So please look at and spread the word!

... And bring a scarf :wink:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's all this about "at designated times"?! :lol:

Yeah does seem a little too organised for it to be an impressive sight. Franny: "1.2.3 Right everyone hold up their scarve"

Leeds fan's will laugh at us, some people will be stubbon/too damn cold and some people(me) will turn up at 5 minutes to kick off refreshed from local ale. I'm not knocking the effort and thought of it because I've been with Zenit fan's when they do it and it's an impressive sight. However a song, i.e 'Scarves up if you love Oldham' mid way through the game would not only be original but also be less cheesy than doing it altogether 10 minutes before Kick off in my opinion.

If you haven't got a scarf, then they're available now in the Latics Club Shop so bring whatever you've got along and back your club!

Whatever you've got? I've got a Palestinian kaffiyeh, should i bring that? You know, now that we're not going to Israel for the pre-season...

Folded-Navy%20white447.png

Blue and White Scarf

I really wouldn't mind if the club sold them. I'd buy one, classic.

Maybe the club could sell scarves at a knockdown price, say £5 (or whatever the cost price is to the club), at each turnstile to encourage take up. I know some big clubs have given them away but guess we need to cover costs at least.__

Yes, Alan did say that could be done (discount).

However a song, i.e 'Scarves up if you love Oldham' mid way through the game would not only be original but also be less cheesy than doing it altogether 10 minutes before Kick off in my opinion.

also Mark will be late <_<

Edited by OAFCguy

"It would be great if all Latics fans could show passion for their team on a big derby night, particularly in front of the sky cameras"

unfortunatly, as much as I'm all for the idea I dont think people will be willing enough to join in, they'll say it's "too cheesy" just like they say about the drum

why can't we all sing 'oh when the blues' with scarves up?

that'd be awesome if we could get everyone to do it

Or and also wave them every time to,

John Sheridan's Blue and White Army,

John Sheridan's Blue and White Army,.......................................

I'm warming to this idea, note to self "Take 2 scarves, one to wave and on to keep warm, or to double the waving effect :D "

for those who have scarves and are going to next few games home or away

why dont you test the water?, by the time leeds comes around, other fans will know the drill.

and it can become regular rather than a staged event (as someone mentioned) for leeds

just a thought.

unfortunatly, as much as I'm all for the idea I dont think people will be willing enough to join in, they'll say it's "too cheesy" just like they say about the drum

i wouldnt mind someone stood at the side in front or behind me waving a scarf singing oh when the blues.or sheridans blue n white army...but i would mind the drum.

is an excellent idea,and i think it could take on,defo to oh when the blues....maybe something along the lines of when we are singing it nice and slow,just hold the scarfs aloft...then when the tempo kicks in start twirling them round like foreign teams do...would be a good sight.

just for the record i think this is the most ultra cheesy, crap, geordie wannabe idea ive heard in a long time. i do think its funny though, that the 90 minute sit down brigade might get their view further restricted!

+1 :)

It has to go down as one of the most pointless ideas since someone said they was going to document the development of the lookers stand :lol:

i wouldnt mind someone stood at the side in front or behind me waving a scarf singing oh when the blues.or sheridans blue n white army...but i would mind the drum.

is an excellent idea,and i think it could take on,defo to oh when the blues....maybe something along the lines of when we are singing it nice and slow,just hold the scarfs aloft...then when the tempo kicks in start twirling them round like foreign teams do...would be a good sight.

Sounds like a plan to me :OWTB1: think it would look really good!

The whole 'telling us to do it before the game' is just laughable though! It's ridiculous. I'm all for it if everyone does it and if it makes for a better atmosphere and lifts the players but I can just see it falling flat on it's arse and result in dirty Leeds laughing at us...

If we can have a couple of "run-throughs" before-hand it could work though... :)

I'll give it a miss thanks

I agree :) Wow :)

+1 :)

It has to go down as one of the most pointless ideas since someone said they was going to document the development of the lookers stand :lol:

Yes so you keep telling us, okay - I was able to sort of ignore you to an extent last time, this time less so - so I'm going to ask you something now that's probably a little bit harder than just knocking the lad, the effort he's put into the idea, and the bollocks to keep posting on here selling the notion when he's getting a good equal measure of negativity. How about thinking of some ideas (and we'll chip in so others buy into it) to help the club and it's ailing support. Hey, I really think you can - it'd be great to hear a few.

For my own point of view, the choice between a drum, repetition of boring songs and the metaphorical crash trolley that is the scarf idea - I know which one I'd choose...

Sounds like a plan to me :OWTB1: think it would look really good!

The whole 'telling us to do it before the game' is just laughable though! It's ridiculous. I'm all for it if everyone does it and if it makes for a better atmosphere and lifts the players but I can just see it falling flat on it's arse and result in dirty Leeds laughing at us...

If we can have a couple of "run-throughs" before-hand it could work though... :)

+1! +1! +1!

Yes so you keep telling us, okay - I was able to sort of ignore you to an extent last time, this time less so - so I'm going to ask you something now that's probably a little bit harder than just knocking the lad, the effort he's put into the idea, and the bollocks to keep posting on here selling the notion when he's getting a good equal measure of negativity. How about thinking of some ideas (and we'll chip in so others buy into it) to help the club and it's ailing support. Hey, I really think you can - it'd be great to hear a few.

For my own point of view, the choice between a drum, repetition of boring songs and the metaphorical crash trolley that is the scarf idea - I know which one I'd choose...

+1! +1! +1!

If its not broke dont fix it....

Drums, scarf waving...all piss pot ideas (in my humble opinion)