Best Shirt

It's a good choice Horlicks, but for me it's the Spall kit with the white band across it with Lees as the sponsor. 'Twas the shirt we wore when I first started going back in the '83!

This one here Dan?

shirts1026.gif

85-87 was. The kit we had when I first started following Latics in '86. Finally got my hands on one a few years ago from Gary (Museum De Latique) with Thanks to him and his website for the photo. See museumdelatique.com/laticsshirts.htm

Oh and in the words of comic book guy, "Best shirt ever!" In my subjective eyes...discussion over!

Edited by oafcprozac

How about this for a Latics new kit, it would certainly dazzle the opposition.

Oldham Splataletic.

athleticbilbaocamisetaezf2.jpg

Looks like a two year old has been left alone with a white t-shirt, wooden spoon and a big jar of Robertson's. Golly! What a mess!

Edited by oafcprozac

Do any of our older fans from the 50s and 60s remember the blue and white quarter shirts like Blackburn Rovers and Bristol Rovers we used to wear or is my memory playing tricks on me

Been a tic since 58. Don't recall quarter shirts. You may be thinking of the thirds that were the standard kit until Bates changed it to "electric" tangerine shirts & blue shorts. We had a good away kit of white with blue candy stripe shirts & blue shorts. We beat Mansfield 4-2 at Field Milll in about October 66 in that kit. Dave Best in goal. Anyone remember that kit?

athleticbilbaocamisetaezf2.jpg

Is this the kit of the Hungarian club? Looks like Goulash to me. :grin:

Having been around for a relatively short time, compared to some of the oldies on here, I think the Fluo Yellow kit is my fave, having been won round following the initial shock of seeing it for the first time.

Didn't we have a black away kit? I'm sure it was ours, seemed quite nice.

Is this the kit of the Hungarian club? Looks like Goulash to me. :grin:

Having been around for a relatively short time, compared to some of the oldies on here, I think the Fluo Yellow kit is my fave, having been won round following the initial shock of seeing it for the first time.

Didn't we have a black away kit? I'm sure it was ours, seemed quite nice.

had a black away kit the season after Chelsea first had theirs and then had the white away kit the season after Chelsea had theirs, now the fluo after Chelsea again... The black one was alright though, badge in the middle - blue trim

Been a tic since 58. Don't recall quarter shirts. You may be thinking of the thirds that were the standard kit until Bates changed it to "electric" tangerine shirts & blue shorts. We had a good away kit of white with blue candy stripe shirts & blue shorts. We beat Mansfield 4-2 at Field Milll in about October 66 in that kit. Dave Best in goal. Anyone remember that kit?

No it was definately blue and white quarters (like Blackburn) I started going in 1953 the year we where relegated from the old div 2