Best Shirt

My friend surprised me by giving me the home JD shirt from our last year in the Prem as a gift yesterday, I was pretty chuffed, but remember prefering the earlier Bovis one at the time.

I quite like the current one also and last year's orange one, but what is the best shirt of all time?

My friend surprised me by giving me the home JD shirt from our last year in the Prem as a gift yesterday, I was pretty chuffed, but remember prefering the earlier Bovis one at the time.

I quite like the current one also and last year's orange one, but what is the best shirt of all time?

Either 62/3 0r 64/5. Classic Latics, blue and white thirds, one v neck, one round neck.

Image030-2.jpg

A few to choose from on this picture taken before the Masters last year!!!

From left to right.......

Diego, Maddog, Diego Jnr, Mrs Diego, Big gay Beardy, Will, Pdw76, Headless Chaddy

beardy looks like gary olsen(ben porter )of 2point 4children tv prog _923900_twopointfour300.jpg

This is a good site for the older shirts:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Oldham_Ath...am_Athletic.htm

My favourite is the 1948-1950 one revived in 1962-1966. There have been modern variations but the've never come up to scratch. The blue on the front needs to continue down the back.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

The spall kit of the 80's with the big JW Lees barrel on it.

It's a good choice Horlicks, but for me it's the Spall kit with the white band across it with Lees as the sponsor. 'Twas the shirt we wore when I first started going back in the '83!

This is a good site for the older shirts:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Oldham_Ath...am_Athletic.htm

My favourite is the 1948-1950 one revived in 1962-1966. There have been modern variations but the've never come up to scratch. The blue on the front needs to continue down the back.

Yeah I would love to see us play in that style too, properly executed as you say............... my favourite of the modern era is the one modeled by Beardy in the photo. Very plain and simple, but classy looking at the same time, and the quality you would expect when made by a decent kit manufacturer.

My fave is, what I call, the Kowenicki shirt. Old-style blue round neck, old-style badge, and the umbro logo repeated down the sleeves.

kowenicki.jpg

I love that kit Matt! I had a replica version when I was "lickle" © Roy of LW...

Also like the older tangerine from the 1970s. Anyone got a piccie of it?