Forget the Bike Windass I will drive

I don't see how he can stay after these comments. They would be understandable from a young player who had been sent out for first team football but not from someone of his age.

If he genuinely had only read it in the papers like everyone else, I can't believe that he'd burn his bridges in this way.

Goodbye Dean. Thanks for Leicester.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable. Really disappointing too. I've been happily accepting his lack of fitness for the rare touches of class he brings to the side, something that i think we are crying out for.

TTA and Shez cant put up with this though, really bad PR for the club and total disrespect for the team he is being paid to play for.

OFFICIALS at the Football Association have poured cold water on speculation that Dean Windass could be recalled by Hull City.

Windass is currently on-loan at league One side Oldham, but has been linked with a return to the Tigers as they fight against the drop.

With the Tigers now just six points off the Premier League drop zone, the 39-year-old striker has even spoken of his desire to return to the KC Stadium.

But the Mail has contacted the FA to clarify the situation and have been told he cannot be recalled under the terms of a season-long loan deal.

Officials at Soho Square said Windass would be allowed to return to the KC, but he would not be allowed to feature for the first team.

"Under the terms of a season-long loan deal, the only period when a player can be recalled to play for their parent club is in the January transfer window" an FA spokesman told the Mail.

The thing that does my head in the most with Windass is that his wage's are meant to be sky high and he came here with the mentality that he's got nothing to prove, well I'd like to see him earn those wages and play with a bit of respect for the club. The only reason that he's not been dropped is because of his name and the expectation that his form 'is coming soon'. Well 9 games in and it's fair to say that we would of been better off with the money in the bank and local lad Allessandra starting up front with Hughes (which worked very well at the start of the season).

To then read how he can't wait to get out of the place and head back to Hull just makes you sick doesn't it. Fair enough that Hull are his team but he should be thinking of getting games at the end of his career and where he will be next season. If he does end up staying I can't see him starting on Saturday, surely Shez has finally seen that the Windass show is over.

Bye Bye Deano! I`m sorry but during such a crucial time that were now in, we dont need him coming out and saying such things. If he`d been playing half decent i could maybe overlook it, but recently he`s been so poor and dosent look bothered at all. I`d rather have Lewi, Smalley or Kabba up there.

When did he sign?

Hopefully it's their problem. We don't know the terms of the loan but AH should have been astute enough to specify no play-no pay.

The problem is he has really upset the balance of the squad, its obvious Hughes cant stand him and its really annoying to see loads of loan players in the side especially when they don't deserve a place like Hines and windass.

It doesn't matter to the loan players if we go up or not their lively hoods/careers aren’t at stake.

Windass has a negative effect on ths team and we need shut.

I've written in another thread about how Windass has not reproduced his "different class" since his first game for us.

This story comes as no surprise though as he's written about his love for Hull in nearly every one of his blogs. On 9th February he wrote:

"Another team getting a decent away point at the weekend was Hull, who held Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. By all accounts they missed a couple of chances to take all three points – maybe they are missing a striker! Give me a ring Phil, I’m always ready to make a return – I’d even do a stint in goal if you like!"

I've written in another thread about how Windass has not reproduced his "different class" since his first game for us.

This story comes as no surprise though as he's written about his love for Hull in nearly every one of his blogs. On 9th February he wrote:

"Another team getting a decent away point at the weekend was Hull, who held Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. By all accounts they missed a couple of chances to take all three points – maybe they are missing a striker! Give me a ring Phil, I’m always ready to make a return – I’d even do a stint in goal if you like!"

Speak of the devil, On Sultana at the moment, is that the best preparation for a 39 year old striker who is down to play 2 games in 2 days?

Edited by oafcprozac

Funny how memories fade. All this talk about him only being interested in his first game for us ... did I dream his three assists and MoM performance against Stockport then?

I wondered from the start whether his blog would land him in hot water with fans here.... seems I was right. I don't think what he's written is very wise, but the public enemy no. 1 stuff in this thread is a bit over the top. If he regains some form, gets back to how he played in his first three or so games for us, and ideally scores a few goals as well, then I honestly don't give a toss what he writes. For the moment, I'm more upset with his lack of form than anything else.

Funny how memories fade. All this talk about him only being interested in his first game for us ... did I dream his three assists and MoM performance against Stockport then?

I wondered from the start whether his blog would land him in hot water with fans here.... seems I was right. I don't think what he's written is very wise, but the public enemy no. 1 stuff in this thread is a bit over the top. If he regains some form, gets back to how he played in his first three or so games for us, and ideally scores a few goals as well, then I honestly don't give a toss what he writes. For the moment, I'm more upset with his lack of form than anything else.

Since Stockport (the freak show at Leicester apart) his performances have progressively got worse - a sympton of his lack of football this year or just the fact he possible had an Indian Summer last year? I really wanted this move to work out, but after witnessing his recent performances I don't think his heart is in it off or on the field. Just my opinion but anyone see his reaction to the equaliser on Saturday? His body language seemed to suggest we had just conceded!