Windass Gone - But now Back - Interview on Latics World

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It deffinately aint an iceberg moment. I suspected something was wrong by the look on his face as he came through the players lounge last night after the game. Ive never known a player get changed so quick.

He is basically saying that he came here to be guarenteed a place in the starting line up and as its not happened he has spat his dummy out. His perogative i suppose but its not like he set the world alight for us on the pitch is it? Let him go as a lesson learnt.

The chairman's been different class and understands my point and other people have told me to stick to my guns no matter what happens next.

He is trying to undermine Shez.... Almost hinting that Corney is behind him there...

He better not pull the shirt on again....

Edited by oafc0000

It's a shame.

As a pro, he should've knuckled down and waited for his chance again. He should know that Sheridan couldn't really change a winning team from the Millwall match.

He scored once and hit the post/bar a few times - it could've been so different if they'd gone in.

The next booking for Hughes would've meant 2 starts for Windass. If I was Shez, that's what i'd have been telling Windass - it's a bit worrying that the manager can give an important player the silent treatment. Shez should've bollocked him for his blog or levelled with him at least.

Looking ahead to the final run in I think it's a massive loss. Windass & Kabba would be just as effective as Hughes & Kabba.

I say live and let live, if Windass helps us get promoted, then who cares if he's said he wants to go back to the team he has supported his entire life. He's wiith us to the end of this season, so we should be backing him just like the rest of the lads. (braces myself for instant flaming).

I regret posting this now!

Enjoy the rest of the season sat on your fat a**e!

He's burned his bridges now, as the rules don't allow him to go back to Hull.

Well Mr Windass, i'm writting this to you as i know you read the boards;

Thanks for the goal, the 'keeping heroics & the PR but, quite frankly - bye bye!

If we have a sulking, moaning 40 year old on the books & causing problems i'd sooner you did leave.

You were promised the chance of 1st team football here as long as your performances meritted it - they didn't, so it's fair enough that you get dropped isn't it??

Stop being a girl about it & whining on the internet. If you'd stayed a game or 2 longer, you'd have had a run again as Hughesy is due a 2 game ban if he gets 1 more booking. oh well eh, Lewis gets that chance now & i'm sure he'll take it.

Good luck in getting into the Hull side & good luck for the upcoming relegation battle. Cult staus should have been reached after your Leicester antics but i feel this rant on your blog & last nights petulance has somewhat soured that,

anyway

Thanks & bye bye Dean

Edited by slystallone

If the guy can't see that he's not been performing, there is no hope for him.

If he can see it but still thinks that he should be playing, then he has complete contempt for the club.

I love the way he tries to put a positive spin on the fact that he refused to travel to Millwall having been told that he wasn't starting.

It's worth pointing out that it's very possible he's just written off his career.

If we, as we should, send him packing back to Hull now, then he can't play for anyone else this season, can he? Is anyone going to take a chance on a sulking forty year old who hasn't played for five months come August? Unlikely.

He has delusional concepts of his own ability, and ignores anything bad said about him. Brown's already said that Deano is the old Hull, not the new Hull. He won't be playing for them again. Yet he still maintains he'd 'probably' be starting for Hull now. Sure!

He's struggled in League One, how he thinks he could cope in the Prem is beyond me.

Some things are more important. Like our self respect....

Yeah i guess so. I reckon that's the way that Windass sees it too.

It's a shame he feels the need to voice his opinions on that blog. It doesn't help his relationship with the fans. The Windass/Hughes partnership wasn't working but i don't think it was down to a lack of effort. The strikers really do feed off scraps. Against Bristol Rovers, Hughes was laughing at the start of the 2nd half with Liddell about his penalty miss. When Hughes got subbed he legged it down the tunnel. Windass was subbed earlier in that game but sat and watched the rest of the match on the touchline. How come Hughes always comes away smelling of roses but his strike partner gets binned off?