Windass Gone - But now Back - Interview on Latics World

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone who thinks they're bigger than the club unable to control themselves... I'm with SW - very similar.

Rico didn't fit into the system...and realised he was never going to get back in no matter how we played. He just played a role to which wasn't suited to how Shez wanted the team to play. Windass doesn't offer much...and from what we've seen I don't think he has much to offer at this level. Rico's still scoring well.

Not sure where the idea Rico thought he was bigger than the club has come from.

Oh dear Dean, billy big balls.

Sounds faintly Michael Ricketts-gate esq...

Incidently, he isn't as good as Ricketts.

I've already contributed to this thread but I just can't stop chuckling. Here we have a player who, at his peak, was a good Championship striker who won a crack at the Prem but didn't cut it. He then dropped down the leagues to play for Bradford where he did a great job and won his fairytale move back to Hull, a short-term measure, which proved a success. Well done Deano. However to now take this approach to being left on the bench, as the second oldest outfield player in the football league, is unbelievable. I mean he's playing for a side better than the one he was playing for four/five years ago!!! I like his type of player but let's be honest, being so immobile means all he has in his locker is a good touch and a hollywood pass. Even in form I wouldn't pick him over Hughes or Kabba, although he certainly had a role to play off our bench. Despite this I said a few weeks ago his wage could be better used elsewhere - now he has forced our hand in cutting his nose off to spite his face. Shame.

He ought to have retired after THAT goal.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

He contradicts himself in that article as well doesn't he? He says last week he was told he wouldn't play at Millwall and Leeds. But then says he let a youngster on the bench at Millwall thinking he would play at Leeds?

Just go Windass, shocker of a signing. I really hope we don't have to pay his wages, surely his wages should be docked if he's going on strike.

Yeah i guess so. I reckon that's the way that Windass sees it too.

It's a shame he feels the need to voice his opinions on that blog. It doesn't help his relationship with the fans. The Windass/Hughes partnership wasn't working but i don't think it was down to a lack of effort. The strikers really do feed off scraps. Against Bristol Rovers, Hughes was laughing at the start of the 2nd half with Liddell about his penalty miss. When Hughes got subbed he legged it down the tunnel. Windass was subbed earlier in that game but sat and watched the rest of the match on the touchline. How come Hughes always comes away smelling of roses but his strike partner gets binned off?

Maybe something to do with the 17 goals he's scored !

Edited by jolly

Rico didn't fit into the system...and realised he was never going to get back in no matter how we played. He just played a role to which wasn't suited to how Shez wanted the team to play. Windass doesn't offer much...and from what we've seen I don't think he has much to offer at this level. Rico's still scoring well.

I agree entirely. Ricketts would have been brilliant for us if we had hit his chest or feet with our balls forward, instead he got it to his head and over teh top. His quality was there for all to see, but he just could never fit into the way we were playing. I never got the feeling he thought he was too good for us or the division from things he said or how he acted, he was very harshly treated. Windass is a whole other kettle of fish. Right from the start he has done nothing but talk about Hull and act like he's doing us a favour. Did Ricketts ever talk like joining us was a favour or say we were a stepping stone back to the Prem? Nope, he got on with it and it didn't work out and everyone victimised him. Windass hasn't shown any commitment to us, only to himself.

Guest sheridans_world

I think this might be something along the lines of 'Shez told me I wasnt playing on Saturday or Monday and I told the wife that i'd be home and when I told her I wouldnt be home she kicked off'

Either that or...

'I had a two-hour spot booked on BBC Radio Hull on Monday Night, I wanted to do that'

Either way, it explains why he didnt look remotley interested last night.

When he punched Chris Taylor in the face* maybe?

*Allegedly

Knew this was coming after the way he sprinted off the pitch last night. Never seen somebody get off so quick - no handshakes or hanging around with his teammates just a straight sprint up the tunnel. Can't have helped his mood that Lewi was the first change (which I thought was the correct sub at the time).

Saw something on one of the BBC's 606 boards this morning saying he was going to Colchester. Don't know if there's anything in that.

Knew this was coming after the way he sprinted off the pitch last night. Never seen somebody get off so quick - no handshakes or hanging around with his teammates just a straight sprint up the tunnel. Can't have helped his mood that Lewi was the first change (which I thought was the correct sub at the time).

Saw something on one of the BBC's 606 boards this morning saying he was going to Colchester. Don't know if there's anything in that.

I thought that if you sign on a season long loan you can't then go on loan anywhere else?

well i certainly hope he reads this MB !!!

you may be a legend in your own back yard windass,but not here...you have to earn it.

i used to work with tantrum throwing babies like you..

"ME! ME! ME!"

they never gained respect and they always faded and disappered..

well oldham athletic football club isn't all about a single player..it's about a team of players pulling together in the same direction-you have seemingly gone against that simple fact of football ethics.

playing or not,the point is to help each other-thats how success breds.

do one...and don't forget to take your dummy.

arsehole.

I thought that if you sign on a season long loan you can't then go on loan anywhere else?

No idea but I'm sure his agent will be looking at the small print. Whatever, he'll still remain on Hulls payroll until his contract expires and unless something can be worked out we'll be invoiced for whatever we have agreed to pay each month towards his wages.

If he's looking for a move back to Hull the lad hasn't got a hope in hell. Phil Brown was in the stands last night and I'm sure the last thing he'd want is a crybaby around the dressing room at such a crucial point of Hull's season.

In all honesty I don't think Windass is an awful player by any means but given his gob and his inability to strike up a partnership with our top scorer it'd be much better for us if he wasn't around. Thanks for Leicester.

Edited by Mouldy_old_maki

Quite incredible.

He fell out with Phil Brown anyway didn't he? Then backtracked and claimed he hadn't realising he had burnt his bridges..

Do you think he nicked the different class quote from Shez.

Trying to get the Chairman to back him after Shez dropping him means good riddance as far as I am concerned.

I can't stand people who go creeping up to your boss becasue they haven't the balls to tak to you face to face.

Or people who email the world about something they have done, or when they want to get something done for that matter.

Hi last three blogs have made him look like 4 year old not 40.

How players still believe they are guaranteed a place is beyond me, they really must live on another planet.

EDIT Makes the Kabba signing look sensible now. Wonder if Shez has been having problems since he arrived?

Maybe he has been backstabbing causing splits withinh the team too?

Edited by singe

Is it Corney or the Hull chairman he is referring to?

got to be Corney I would imagine.

What I can't understand is that he was told before the Millwall game he would not be playing in both games, then says that Shez did not speak to him between Saturday and Monday. Not sure what he was expecting him to say.

He's an old pro, he knows the score, can't understand his petulance.

What a sad pathetic individual. Compare his attitudes to Crossley's. Whilst I am at times Crossley's biggest critic, Crossley acts as if it is an honour to be playing football at a resonable level at his age and appears grateful to be involved in the game, whatever his role. Imagine if temple reacted in such a way, if he was dropped for Flemming? We'd see it as pathetic and childish.

Windass should have fought his way back into the team like anyone who is dropped, not sulked his way back down the M62. F--- him. Fat ----.