Windass Gone - But now Back - Interview on Latics World

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see on the OS he has come back with his tail between his legs.

Whether his blog is ghost written or not, Windass must have given that impression, journo's bend the truth, but they dont re-write it totally.

I imagine he's been "advised" to come out and say this... he had a face like a slapped arse on Monday night!

If the club accept it and move on then he's ok by me, it has certainly put more pressure on him to deliver the goods. What he told the journo may have been for his ears only and ITV thought it was too good to miss out on. I presume if you would have asked Whittaker / Davies / O'Grady / Maher (early on in season) about not being on the bench on a confidential basis you would have got a similar level on bitterness.

Not heard the interview and don't think he is good enough but if the club accept it then I would hope we don't end up booing one of our own players, especially not when Liddell is still here and not getting booed (joke).

Deano's defence on LW now.

Can someone post what he's said for those of us stick in libraries on computers with no sound?!

Nothing much to be honest mate. That he's not said what has been reported. That he was disapointed to have been dropped and he does not deny that, but that to say he was walking away was not his words.

All seems like desperation now that he's worked out he'll never play again if he walks away from us.

If it motivates him to stop being :censored: on the pitch then I don't give a crap. If he continues to be god awful then he can keep the bench nice and warm like he's been told to!

he basically states, it was blown out of proportion by the media..he told his ghost writer he wasnt happy bout not playin, and the rest was made up, ha AT LAST says his main aim is to get Oldham into the play offs, and thats why he came here...he does state be it as a player or he will stand by the gaffers decision (yeah right!!) says he will have a chat with the gaffer and is lookin forward to Saturday....very brief, thats about it

Deano's defence on LW now.

Can someone post what he's said for those of us stick in libraries on computers with no sound?!

Deano: I'm disappointed it has come out like that, like not wanting to play for Oldham again.

Yes, I was disappointed when I wasn't playing, and told the manager that. But that's the part and parcel of the game and you have to move on.

I came here because I want Oldham in the play-off. If I can do that by playing, great. If not, I will still support the manager.

Don't believe it!

Blaming the ghost writer ffs - could he not read three paragraphs emailed to him prior to publication?

He blew a hissy fit, realised he'd backed himself in to a corner and is now crawling out.

If he stays, he needs to show us he can turn a game from the bench. Personally I'd have had him hitchhiking at Milnrow.

It's put to bed now if the club have decided to do so. It's down to Deans attitude now whether the fans hold a grudge or allow him to redeem himself. He states he wants Latics to reach the play off's and if called upon he'll give it his best shot.

He still wears the blue and if he gets onto the park then I'll back him. Like dean says he'll back the gaffer's decision but he doesn't have to like it, likewise I'll back Dean on the pitch but it doesn't mean I have to like his blog. At the end of the day he was hurting he wasn't playing which isn't a bad thing if it now drives him on, however he handled the situation all wrong and he probably knows it. What probably hurt the most was Lewi gettin a good run out whilst he made the pitch for injury time.

Lets move on and give him his chance. Before Blog gate I posted on here I din't like his haste off the pitch Monday night and still dont, but he wears the blue Saturday if he makes the bench, which I expect.

Don't believe it!

Blaming the ghost writer ffs - could he not read three paragraphs emailed to him prior to publication?

He blew a hissy fit, realised he'd backed himself in to a corner and is now crawling out.

If he stays, he needs to show us he can turn a game from the bench. Personally I'd have had him hitchhiking at Milnrow.

Windass : That's it Luv, Ayeve ad enuff. Ayeve bin sat ont bloody bench at Owdham, so Ayeve telled em t shuv it.

Mrs Windass : Yowd betta git your fat lazy arse bak ovvert ill an bloody beg fort job back you dozy beak faced pillock afore I give ya a brokken nose lark. Oh aye, stop off an git me a loaf of Warbies ont way back, I dunt no were owr Jonnys gone fort Ovis.

Windass : Alreet then, am sorry but al ave t't tell em it wer sum-won else lark an not me. Ere, were's mi bluddy bike gon?

Edited by Rick

I can hear them brakes slamming on here in Preston :wink: im still unconvinced, would he not decide to look at his own blog before agreeing for it to be put on, even if it is ghost written??

And if he's been totally misquoted, as he claims, should it really have taken him 2 days to come out and say so? Even if his blog is completely made up by someone else (no i'm not convinced either), we all saw him sprint off the pitch without acknowledging the fans on Monday. If he is staying he's gonna have to work his arse off for the rest of the season to make up for his attitude over the past couple of weeks.

Simon Corney in the rarely wrong Chron:

“Dean does not write his own blog and, from what I can gather, he has been misquoted.

“As far as I am concerned nothing has happened and he will be back training this morning.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...o-clear-the-air

How can someone misquote this though?

After playing just three minutes of Oldham's last two games I've told the chairman I'm not returning to the club.

As it stands now, I've said my piece to the chairman and I am waiting for his response. The chairman's been different class and understands my point and other people have told me to stick to my guns no matter what happens next.

Don't believe it!

I suppose the 'ghost writer' was the one who made him sprint off the pitch on Monday night without shaking hands with his opponents or acknowledging the fans?

PRRRRIIIIIICK!!

whatever the truth is let's hope all of this results in him getting his arse in gear and contributing to us going up.

Quite. If he contributes then that's fine. we are, after all, a club that gives people a second chance.