Windass Gone - But now Back - Interview on Latics World

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is supposdley a guy who represents the fans interest as far as concerned he proving that he just an arrogant waste of space. Kabba playedreally well against Leeds and isn't it abit strange that when Windass dropped Hughes gets two in two. If he cries and moans when he doesn't play then he obvious isn't the player we all thought he was.

Give Lewis and Wolfey a chanceto show what they got and win us promotion then Windass will be nothing more than a PR stunt and a point at the Walkers Stadium

The point I was making is that Windass has come out and alleged that. I'm aware of how transfers are done but thanks for your sarcasm anyway.

Youve missed the sarcasm Delfer and your reply shows that you don't believe Windass or the club would sign players to whom the manager didn't ask for................................. I think you'll find a good number of deals that Sheridan didn't instigate. Which for the record without sarcasm I believe to be wrong.

EDIT:If I've caused offence...none meant.

Edited by Lags

I think Windass was a quality player but lost his form quite quickly. There is no room for sentiment in a promotion chasing team, nobody has an automatic place in the starting eleven.

Sorry Dean but your ego has gotten the better of you this time, thanks for Leicester, bye bye.

Interestingly ITV reported they ahve lost several billion,.

Do you think we should start a campaign to get Windass blog off too, save his wages there as well?

Only trouble is he doesn't need any more publicity for it, that will make them keep him!!

Tempted to email his blog though to a few of the other clubs. At least ridicule him!

Edited by singe

he;s always been an average league one player, nothing more.

and now he's 39/40 and he's a below average league one player! good riddence indeed!

Got to disagree with that comment, he was a good player in years gone by but age has caught up with him now.

No response from the club. Please tell me they are not actually "in talks" with him about staying ?? :shock:

Maybe they've actually got some class and dignity and are sorting it out in private rather than getting involved in a public slanging match with him.

Maybe they've actually got some class and dignity and are sorting it out in private rather than getting involved in a public slanging match with him.

Granted and I would support that but at some point you need to say he has left the club. There is no way back from this I feel.

No response from the club. Please tell me they are not actually "in talks" with him about staying ?? :shock:

If he does stay he will get hell the next time he step foot on to the pitch.

If our chairman/chief ex/managing director/owner/landlord etc... has anything about him they would order Windass to report to Sheriden for training and make him realise that if he doesn't he will be fined a weeks wage. Its then up to him. The balls in his court. Don't send him back, thats to easy. I don't think he'd like the prospect of going from now till May without a wage so I'd bet he would report to Shez, at which point Shez should make him train with the U-18's until he apologies to his fellow footballers, the staff and the fans in public. As a club it appears we are holding all the cards, so lets not go soft because its Dean 'Billy Big Ball & Fat Arse' Windass and lets show him that he is not as big as Oldham Athletic even if his arse is mightly close.

If our chairman/chief ex/managing director/owner/landlord etc... has anything about him they would order Windass to report to Sheriden for training and make him realise that if he doesn't he will be fined a weeks wage. Its then up to him. The balls in his court. Don't send him back, thats to easy. I don't think he'd like the prospect of going from now till May without a wage so I'd bet he would report to Shez, at which point Shez should make him train with the U-18's until he apologies to his fellow footballers, the staff and the fans in public. As a club it appears we are holding all the cards, so lets not go soft because its Dean 'Billy Big Ball & Fat Arse' Windass and lets show him that he is not as big as Oldham Athletic even if his arse is mightly close.

As much as I would like to have the opportunity to tell him exactly what I think of him I don't really want him pulling the shirt on again. It should mean more to wear our jersey... He has disgraced himself and the club with his comments. Would rather him just be shown the door. My understanding is that he can not return to Hull and I would be surprised if we was under any obligation to pay him anything.

Simon Corney hold back, I will never believe you !!!!

Seriously, I hope they are sorting it. but I ahve to say Windass has some grovelling to do.

Like the idea mentioned by milsy about traiing with the U 18's, especially as he metnioned "some youngster" in his blog.

As much as I would like to have the opportunity to tell him exactly what I think of him I don't really want him pulling the shirt on again. It should mean more to wear our jersey... He has disgraced himself and the club with his comments. Would rather him just be shown the door. My understanding is that he can not return to Hull and I would be surprised if we was under any obligation to pay him anything.

I totally agree. It's :censored: me of no end. The guy is an egotistical muppet who should jog back to Hull and try and lose some weight. But I would also like to see him reprimanded in someway. If I had it my way, he would be fined the maximum amount of wages (2 weeks?) for bringing the club in to disripute and warned of his future conduct. I would ensure that he drops any outside media intrests and concnetrates on training with the U-18s for the forseeable future until he sorts his attitude out. Then I'd make him apologise at HT in front of the whole Boundary Park. Then and only then would I let him grace our subs bench. His contract can be torn up I'm quite sure and we have the ability to send him packing to Hull. If he doesn't do as he's told we can then just ship him off letting the whole country see what an arrogant little twit(a) he really is!

I hope not I dont want it affecting the other 10 players lets leave it and not let it knock our promotion push eh?

I think the clubs silence is actually deafening TBH!

They will probably be sorting out some form of resolution, either a pay off or an amicable settlement with Windass retracting his comments.

That said, his reaction at the final whistle was insulting and petulant and not the actions of a seasoned pro that he is supposed to be!

I hope not I dont want it affecting the other 10 players lets leave it and not let it knock our promotion push eh?

I'm afraid his media outburst would have already seen to that. This situation will not do the club any good and will only call into question Sheridens judgement both from fans, media and the players themselves.

The more that I think of it it could be a case that Windass isn't really angry at us, more that he's angry with himself and the realisation that he's just not go it anymore. Heart rules the head and all that.

That maybe so but at his time of life he should know better surely? This whole situation reminds me of Pierre Van Hooijdonk at Forest all those years ago. The 'I'll never play for you cos (whine)' attitude stinks. I didn't like it then and I most certainly don't like it now. I had a chat with a friend of mine on facebook who is a Hull fan. Obviously he jumped to Windass' defence with things like "he didn't expect to be on the bench" and "he could be on the bench at Hull". At which point I pointed out he has started 9 out of the last 11. Scored 1 goal. Possibly has 3 or 4 assists and a 40 min cameo appearance in goal (where he got lucky). He hasn't struck up a partnership with our leading goalscorer and looks to be unfit. "Yeah but he always give 100%" came the reply. Thats debatable and at the end of the day sometimes just giving 100% is not enough. At then end of the day if he's this bad for us in a promotion chasing League One side, how bad would he be in a struggling Premiership side. I don't think Phil Brown would let him near the bench.

Not paying him another penny and letting him sit on his backside for the rest of the season is punishment enough in my books.

Why let him off so easily. Lets show him up the way he's shown us up. Lets turn the tables back on him and make him out to be the bad guy.

Why let him off so easily. Lets show him up the way he's shown us up. Lets turn the tables back on him and make him out to be the bad guy.

I'd argue he is the one who has shown himself up, and the club has not done too badly out of it!

I'd argue he is the one who has shown himself up, and the club has not done too badly out of it!

just read the chron article

he hasnt got a clue and contradicts himself straight away,by saying shez TOLD him he wouldnt be playing against millwall and leeds.....then carrys on to say i told shez put a kid on the bench to get some money,when i didnt play against leeds i felt let down and embarrassed as it was my understanding not playing at millwall meant i was against leeds...

he was told he wasnt playing.

he has shown touches of sheer class and ability on occasion,scored a good goal but hasnt exactly been outstanding

i think he is as mad at himself as anyone else,fancy going out on loan with no release or call back clause,so all his bleating of maybe getting a second chance at hull is bolloks,he cant go back.

hope the club handle this in a dignified manner,last thing we need when chasing promotion is an over paid over rated primma donna sticking a spanner in the works.