New player

Joe is quoted as saying he is looking to bring in another player.

For those that went, where would you like to see that player?

For me, from afar, I think the defence needs a bit of shake up, too many soft goals all season.

But seemingly Midfield nees more bite, maybe a defencesive midfielder to try and prevent the crosses coming in?

What do you think?

Edited by singe

For me, from afar, I think the defence needs a bit of shake up, too many soft goals all season.

But seemingly Midfield nees more bit, maybe a defencesive midfielder to try and prevent the crosses coming in?

What do you think?

A big, daft centre-forward for me!!!

Someone who can hold their own against big defenders.

I can't think of another promotion chasing team that plays the ball out of defence to to small forwards. Funnily enough, the only forward in recent weeks who has looked capable of heading a ball to our advantage was Smalley on Saturday.

Paul Dickov would do for me

I think we've had enough old used to be for one season. To be quite honest I don't think this season can be saved now. I just hope we clear away in the summer and re-build. We need new faith and optimism.

no point waste of funds we need to be looking at who to release/keep in the summer try and get a start on building for next. Give Lee, Lewi and Stephens a run we don't need any more loans

so while its still mathematically possible to secure a playoff spot,you wouldnt want the club to waste any more money by bringing in a couple of players to boost or bolster the squad just in case we do make it to wembly.

just give up now release dead wood and get ready for next season then???

so while its still mathematically possible to secure a playoff spot,you wouldnt want the club to waste any more money by bringing in a couple of players to boost or bolster the squad just in case we do make it to wembly.

just give up now release dead wood and get ready for next season then???

Big and daft centre-forward, been crying out for that all season. Either that or give Lewi the run-in to resume his understanding with slap head.

But seemingly Midfield nees more bite, maybe a defencesive midfielder to try and prevent the crosses coming in?

What do you think?

It has to be a striker - someone who can play alongside Hughes, someone who gets into the box, someone with height and power and pace, someone who scores goals - must be plenty of 'em about surely :wink:

It has to be a striker - someone who can play alongside Hughes, someone who gets into the box, someone with height and power and pace, someone who scores goals - must be plenty of 'em about surely :wink:

For me its somehow who ca deal with the ball. Dont care if its winger, centre mid of a forward these days if we are under pressue the lads hoof it first time with one exception Chris Taylor. We need someone else who can take control of the ball and find another blue shirt even with a defender breathing down his neck

Agree 100%.....The only thing that will get us in the playoffs now is Goals and a big & Daft up front is really what's required, and what we've been crying out for all season.

We must win at Cheltenham or our season will definitely be over!!

Keeping clean sheets is important but without goals we ain't goin anywhere!!! We've got to do what we ain't done enough of, get the wingers to the byline ( ala Adams and Holden) and cross the bloody thing, then hopefully, the strikers will be able to do their bit and get us back in contention!!!

Agree 100%.....The only thing that will get us in the playoffs now is Goals and a big & Daft up front is really what's required, and what we've been crying out for all season.

We must win at Cheltenham or our season will definitely be over!!

Keeping clean sheets is important but without goals we ain't goin anywhere!!! We've got to do what we ain't done enough of, get the wingers to the byline ( ala Adams and Holden) and cross the bloody thing, then hopefully, the strikers will be able to do their bit and get us back in contention!!!

look at royles track record,,,he loves a big and daft en....olney,,marshall..beckford..ormenroyd..and im sure theres a few others...cant think of any good forwards in this division so its gotta come from the championship...wolves have got harewood today from villa so maybe theres a player there surpless to requirements

Don't need anyone.

We have a big enough squad and good players who are not even catching.

The 11 players who got us to the top of the league unbeaten are still at the club, they just need the following:

Managing correctly.

Motivating.

Played in the correct system.

Given a massive injection of confidence and belief.

Take the fear factor out of there game and look like they're enjoying it.

A little bit of luck.

If Joe cant do it nobody can!

Weve had enough journeyman and loanees this season and none have worked.