Sky Sports News

SSN reporter at Cheltenham says we are playing like a team who's season is over 2 months early! Interesting, yet not suprising.

Trust us to be the only team in the history of football who's performances dont get better when a new gaffer comes in!!

I can't listen to Gordon & Roy - I heard enough when they said the goal was against the run of play even though from their commentary it clearly wasnt! Does anyone else think they really are the worst commentators ever???

I can't listen to Gordon & Roy - I heard enough when they said the goal was against the run of play even though from their commentary it clearly wasnt! Does anyone else think they really are the worst commentators ever???

No they do a great job, Gordon has said it's a poor effort.

I love Joe as much as the next Tic but if this doesn't show that Shez was making the best of what he had then I don't know what does!

I'm sorry but that is complete and utter :censored:

These are Shez's players and they are unfit and now clearly can't be bothered. These players did so well early season and have fell apart due to a complete lack of discipline and poor fitness. That in my view is all Shez's fault.

Edited by Max Damage

I love Joe as much as the next Tic but if this doesn't show that Shez was making the best of what he had then I don't know what does!

......difference being that Shez signed all the crap that neither of them can get much out of.

Have you read what you have written?

If so then are you for real?

I would have this comment if it wasn't for the fact the Shez signed every single one of these players bar the younger ones who were already here (and Supple of course). I was a big supporter of Shez but this is his team and they aren't fit enough, aren't committed enough and aren't good enough ultimatley to do what is required to even get us into the play offs never mind actually get promoted!

With all this talk of a clearout, where is a new team going to be drawn from when it's the same pool of mediocre players sloshing around the lower divsions. We've had clearouts before and look where it's got us.

It takes a special kind of management team, to instil commitment and build a succesful side, especially in a sitaution where players can simply walk into another club if they're unwanted elsewhere. Increasingly, in the lower divisions, it must seem like one club is pretty much the same as another, so much do players move around. It also takes time that falling gates suggest we haven't got. Whether it can be done on a reduced budget is another matter to consider. The Dowie regime was the nearest thing we've had to a management team adequate to the job in recent years, but he wouldn't have got out of bed to work on what next season's budget looks likely to be.

Club in limbo.

No definetly not. I think the problem is that the team are unsettled. You only have to look at the striker situation. Ormerod, Byfield, Windass and now Kabba. Surely O’Grady, Davies or Allesandra could have done the job just as well (though I do say so with the benefit of hindsight) if anything, to give Hughes a bit of stability. Joe has inherited these problems from Shez who created them.

The problem is everybody seems to have changed their minds. All season people have been spouting on about how this is the strongest squad we've had in ages and should be challenging the top two, it's just that Sheridan doesn't know how to manage them.

Now he's gone it appears that they're all crap and it's his fault for signing such a bunch of losers in the first place.

Are the team are beginning to look and perform like one built on a bottom 6 budget, plus a couple of loanees and less a reserve team? :o

Kudos to Shez for making them look so good at one point? A victim of his own success??

Nah, they're the best players in the league....just unfit, unmotivated and lacking discipline. :sleeping: And that's before problem of selecting players just so they can collect bonus.

Are the team are beginning to look and perform like one built on a bottom 6 budget, plus a couple of loanees and less a reserve team? :o

Kudos to Shez for making them look so good at one point? A victim of his own success??

Nah, they're the best players in the league....just unfit, unmotivated and lacking discipline. :sleeping: And that's before problem of selecting players just so they can collect bonus.

Everyone as the right to see things as they do. Everyone also can be happy with what Sheridan managed to achieve. Or indeed the exact opposite. What cannot have two outcomes are facts, hard facts.

These are some hard facts, undeniable facts. We had a great start to the season. we've had a disasterous time since.

Upto December (Fair chunk 18 games) we'd amassed 34 points, with that form continued we would have aquired 87 points and possibly second spot. Sine the start of December (21 games) we've got 22 points, had that current form been the entire season we would have amassed 48 points and quite possibly relegation.

Now the two contrasts are stark to say the least. To stark to be just one of those things, something as indeed gone wrong, badly!! and John Sheridan over saw that along with Tommy. Question: when did it come to light that several players were having problems drinking and nights out? when did it come to light that our manager thought that players had reached peak fitness and training now only required to tic over?

Some have seen the light getting brighter and brighter on team performances and knew along time ago that we were heading in the wrong direction. To be fair to big Joe (and I said it prior to his first game) it was gonna be hard to turn around the trend, cos you can't just tell players they're fit, it takes time to get them fit. Oppo teams close us down so easy and we have to stand off them!

Yes we battered a very very poor Cheltenham side in the second you may say, however players with fair superior ability (which it's to be hoped we have over Cheltenham) 9 times out of 10 should win even if less fit.

EDIT: No I was right....

Edited by Lags