Liddell Gone! SMS

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, 2 replies to BTs budget squad predictions.

Anything but that midfield and the most depressing front two ever seen.

Makes great reading doesn't it?

This is what we are going to get looking at things as they are now.

I wonder if people are starting to see through the tints a little and realising that what the Corp has been banging on about for months is now just moments away? Privately I have agreed with just about everything he has posted - he is man enough though to fight his corner without me backing him up.

Don't be optomistic folks, be worried. Very worried about the future of our club.

Derek.

So, 2 replies to BTs budget squad predictions.

Anything but that midfield and the most depressing front two ever seen.

Makes great reading doesn't it?

This is what we are going to get looking at things as they are now.

I wonder if people are starting to see through the tints a little and realising that what the Corp has been banging on about for months is now just moments away? Privately I have agreed with just about everything he has posted - he is man enough though to fight his corner without me backing him up.

Don't be optomistic folks, be worried. Very worried about the future of our club.

Derek.

But that squad doesn't include any incoming players. And there will be some . Times aren't wonderful but they're not as apocalyptic as you state.

And Corp doesn't fight his corner. Just keeps on repeating himself .

Edited by LaticsPete

But that squad doesn't include any incoming players. And there will be some . Times aren't wonderful but they're not as apocalyptic as you state.

i have been one of those calling for him to retire recently,because apart from the first 7 or 8 games he hasnt warrantied a place.

his previous seasons have been better,but he has just lost his pace,and you cant play a 35 year old winger if your trying to get promoted.

fantastic pro,never had a bad word to say about the club and team mates,and hasnt caused any problems like others.

just a shame he didnt get one last outing to get a rightly deserved standing ovation.

Whilst I expect new faces to come in, I'd say it was far more likely we'll be looking over our shoulders next season than contending for a playoff place. I don't think we'd go down...there are worse sides in the division and they will also have to cut budgets over the summer.

I don't think Joe would be right taking the job even if we had a strong squad; he certainly shouldn't be touching a weaker one with a bargepole.

If I was TTA I'd be on my hands and knees asking TP to reconsider his insistence that he doesn't want to manage the first team. He's got experience with and respect from the bulk of the side from the youth team...I'd rather give him a shot than someone from outside the club. I don't think we'd get a decent manager anyway on a shoestring without much of a squad as bait to tempt them in.

Edited by jsslatic

Whilst I expect new faces to come in, I'd say it was far more likely we'll be looking over our shoulders next season than contending for a playoff place. I don't think we'd go down...there are worse sides in the division and they will also have to cut budgets over the summer.

I don't think Joe would be right taking the job even if we had a strong squad; he certainly shouldn't be touching a weaker one with a bargepole.

If I was TTA I'd be on my hands and knees asking TP to reconsider his insistence that he doesn't want to manage the first team. He's got experience with and respect from the bulk of the side from the youth team...I'd rather give him a shot than someone from outside the club. I don't think we'd get a decent manager anyway on a shoestring without much of a squad as bait to tempt them in.

You would hope not, but our form since Xmas has been dire, and a new manager has not changed much, which makes me think there is something seriously wrong with the players! We will need some very astute signings in the summer that is for sure.

You would hope not, but our form since Xmas has been dire, and a new manager has not changed much, which makes me think there is something seriously wrong with the players! We will need some very astute signings in the summer that is for sure.

noithing has changed as we still have the core of the players we have had all season,bar supple n westlake.

next season will see a lot of goings then comings in,i fully expect the squad to look a lot younger and hungrier than it has recently,dont forget whoever takes it next season,will be able to bring in his own players,and his own backroom staff,that will play a part as well.

new broom n all that.

Absolutely agree Pete but I do think he is fighting in what he believes by trying to force home the point he is trying to get over to so many - this club is dying on it's arse.

I think the sad thing is that no one really bothers taking any note of it.

Derek.

Absolutely agree Pete but I do think he is fighting in what he believes by trying to force home the point he is trying to get over to so many - this club is dying on it's arse.

Derek.

i think a lot of us dont really want to take note,of how bad things really are,the sad thing is is that had the land deal been sorted 18months earlier when it was originally intended,we may not be in this position now,as it would be a done deal with money in the bank,and probably phase one well on the way,and guarenteed income stream becoming a reality.

i think the thought of the dark days n bucket collections frightens the lives out of most of us.

Couldnt agree more!! Please 2 new CMs whoever is in charge!!!!

So we need 2 centre backs, 2 central midfielders and 2 strikers and I take it these players have to be better than we already have or have seen recently eg Thompson, Kalala and O'Grady as these were deemed not good enough? On a decreased budget during a recession.

Too much doom and gloom on this thread at the moment .....I reckon Royle will stay and yes there will be budget cuts but we won't be on our own. Corney said recently there a lot of clubs worse off than ourselves.

With four or five new players I think we could be a force to be reckoned with and I'm going for a play off place at least!!!!

K.T.F

So we need 2 centre backs, 2 central midfielders and 2 strikers and I take it these players have to be better than we already have or have seen recently eg Thompson, Kalala and O'Grady as these were deemed not good enough? On a decreased budget during a recession.

Well I would rather see us spend money on the central midfield than other areas as it has been seriously lacking this season. But to be honest i cant see it happening, like you say we will be on a decreased budget and need to bring people in in other areas. I am worried about how next season will pan out to say the least!

We will only have one centreback next season, can't see Stam being offered a new deal plus he does get injured, Greegs might get a deal but I think time will catch up with him next season and in the second half of the season will spend a lot of time on the bench. That leaves Hazell, so for me we need at least one more regular centre back minimum, if Greegs or Stam don't get a deal then we will need 2.

Same as upfront, Allesandra is our only recognised forward, if Taylor is pushed up there we will still need at least one and a left winger, same as on the right if Smalley is pushed up front so we are looking at at least 2 forwards.

We will have 2 central players, possibly 3 if you include Eardley and play Lomax ar RB but that would mean we would need a new spare right back.

Or we could fill the holes with kids as and when but then we have already committed to a reserve team and wouldn't want to burn out the kids by making them play too many games.

We need new investment if we are "going to challenge" I can't see this coming from the fans as the fans have already made their intentions clear.

Derek.

I think lots of us are aware of the possibility . And it's not a cop out to say I've been through it before in 1960, in the mid 60s, and in the Moore era. some factors are consistent but others are altered. But "when the going gets tough etc". No point in giving up.

BTW I respect your opionion, and the right to have it - but it annoys me : )

Edited by LaticsPete

i think a lot of us dont really want to take note,of how bad things really are,the sad thing is is that had the land deal been sorted 18months earlier when it was originally intended,we may not be in this position now,as it would be a done deal with money in the bank,and probably phase one well on the way,and guarenteed income stream becoming a reality.

i think the thought of the dark days n bucket collections frightens the lives out of most of us.

Reflecting after Saturday's defeat I felt that there are serious problems behind the scenes that have been festering all season. The hope of getting into the playoffs was all that was papering over the cracks. With that hope gone TTA are embarking on a restructuring of OAFC with Joe as the "consultant" with nothing to lose able to carry through the hard decisions. TTA must surely have realised that OAFC is a club with an incredibly loyal hard core support, but a very small supporter base.With such a small base and their limited financial resources they can never achieve their ambitions. Unless they can sell quickly and bring the resources in, we will realise our level and Oldham as a town will get the team that it can viably support

with you being a such a smartarse,i would think its obvious.

ah...i was wrong...removed the "smart" bit.

Do you really think that we are about to offer a contract to a kid who hasn't featurted in recnt squads, who hasn't played a full match - and at this time of the year??!!

Clubs don't do that when the potential pickings of all the out of contract players is only a couple of months away.

So....not obvious .

Yours in sport

Clever Bottom