Liddell Gone! SMS

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contract terminated, Official SMS.

BB80 will be pleased :grin: , completely understand apart from his penalty taking abilities he has brought very little to the table this season once his little Indian Summer passed by October. Good luck Lidds, thanks for the goals in your four year spell - possibly one contract too many, time to concentrate on your life out of football I reckon.

So that's two that Joe praised after the first session that have been binned. Be afraid Greegs! (Although I would give Seany Boy another year, player of the season by a mile imo)

Guest sheridans_world

Lidds wasnt the impact player he was 8 years ago, when he signed for us I was very excited and his first two seasons he showed some good quality, he went down hill after that though. I wasnt expecting him to be starting next season. Gives him a chance to find a club before everyone else...

He's not good enough, he's past it and he hasn't got the legs.......but as it has been stated he's a model professional who accepted reduced terms last season with no hesitation. The guy deserved another match so he could accept his round of applause and standing ovation, he's been good for us overall. Personally I'd have just let his stay for the rest of the season.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

BigFin will be along any second!!

:lol:

Its like when you are a kid and wait for weeks for christmas, counting down the seconds, excited for the big day that you have been waiting for for so long... and then it happens and it feels a little like an anti-climax...

Good luck Lids. I have never liked your style of play, I thought you were crap 3 years ago... but you played a lot of games for this football club, and as has been said, would have got a big round of applause from me if given the chance...

I would love to see him come back to BP though... both to say thanks.... and it would amuse me seeing him pointing for someone else... :wink:

He's not good enough, he's past it and he hasn't got the legs.......but as it has been stated he's a model professional who accepted reduced terms last season with no hesitation. The guy deserved another match so he could accept his round of applause and standing ovation, he's been good for us overall.

Agree about that. There have been plenty of players who've left without recognition from the fans, but I think Lidds deserved a better send-off.

Thanks Andy for all you've done for us. :aplayer1::applause1:

All the best Andy! As mentioned above he will most certainly get a round of applause if he returns with another club.

Provides me with encouragement more so that Big Joe will be here come next season and has started the planning process already. If he wasn't staying, I'd have thought this would have been left until the end of the season where a new manager can make his judgements then.

As Hardy said , he's been a model professional and has been a good player for the club. If he returns with another team he will get a round of applause from me and most I think.

I agree with this, bit of a shame he didn't get that last game but oh well.

Ipswich got any right wingers transfer listed?

Farewell Lidds. Maybe a deal too many but you showed great professionalism.

Got off the ferry at 5am in the Isle of Man in 2005 and thought I was seeing things when Andy Liddell appeared jogging up and down the sea front!

I think he'll be miffed he hasn't drifted towards a coaching role during his tenure here. I'm sure he will pop up at a local team doing just that in the near future. Good Luck Andy, it was always good to know if we got a penalty it was always going to be a goal when you were on the pitch. A superb record!

All the best Andy! As mentioned above he will most certainly get a round of applause if he returns with another club.

Provides me with encouragement more so that Big Joe will be here come next season and has started the planning process already. If he wasn't staying, I'd have thought this would have been left until the end of the season where a new manager can make his judgements then.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. If Joe doesn't stay and TTA haven't got anybody lined up, then who decides which players that will be out of contract to re-sign or let go? A new manager would need to take a look at them and make a decision.