I've heard TTA have decided to cut their losses and sold the club to a consortium including John Wardle, Dr Evil and Roger Palmer.

After hearing recent rumblings and looking at the way things have played out and thinking over words from Simon Corney in September 2008...the above bit (in bold) would not be a surprise to me one bit. Infact, I'm expecting it in some ways. TTA keep the land and prospect of the new stand etc in future, but that the fundage for the club itself is from elsewhere in future. Hope I'm wrong and that TTA are prepared for another cycle of 2-3yrs getting it right under the next man at the helm...but a lot seems to point towards making past comments by Corney*, come true.

* "The club is self-sufficient aside from the contracted players which we've agreed to cover"

* "We'd never leave the club in debt"

Big contracts now having been shipped out, the rest there to be shipped out or kept on should the new regime want them. All points to the possibility of either a new owner of the club (not land) or someone becoming a significant other. And I mean a major, significant other...not simply an investor.

Edited by boundaryblue80

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After hearing recent rumblings and looking at the way things have played out and thinking over words from Simon Corney in September 2008...the above bit (in bold) would not be a surprise to me one bit. Infact, I'm expecting it in some ways. TTA keep the land and prospect of the new stand etc in future, but that the fundage for the club itself is from elsewhere in future. Hope I'm wrong and that TTA are prepared for another cycle of 2-3yrs getting it right under the next man at the helm...but a lot seems to point towards making past comments by Corney*, come true.

* "The club is self-sufficient aside from the contracted players which we've agreed to cover"

Big contracts now having been shipped out, the rest there to be shipped out or kept on should the new regime want them. All points to the possibility of either a new owner of the club (not land) or someone becoming a significant other. And I mean a major, significant other...not simply an investor.

:nodding head in agreement smiley:

In other words Joe is assessing the best of a bad bunch of players for a significant new financier, who may also happen to be his big mate.

Theres nothing worse when people say big news is expected and then they don't tell us

Pathetic

Depends how all upset you want to get over it...

Personally, I'm expecting some...but hey, if the original poster is wrong, does that mean the world stops turning?

Okay, a little more information from someone more in the know than my original source has cleared things up a little.

I heard originally that Wardle had an offer on the table, which was accepted and therefore news of the TTA share being sold was due.

However, the news from a source who is more reliable (I think) tells me one of the TTA does not want to sell, meaning the first news is probably not correct.

Apologies for the first post, but id rather clear this up now than look a tit in the week when nothing comes out.

The second peice of news is that Royle is to stay on a 2 year deal, and further news of certain backroom staff to leave in order for Joe to appoint his own is to come pretty soon.

Hope this clears things up!

Okay, a little more information from someone more in the know than my original source has cleared things up a little.

I heard originally that Wardle had an offer on the table, which was accepted and therefore news of the TTA share being sold was due.

However, the news from a source who is more reliable (I think) tells me one of the TTA does not want to sell, meaning the first news is probably not correct.

Apologies for the first post, but id rather clear this up now than look a tit in the week when nothing comes out.

The second peice of news is that Royle is to stay on a 2 year deal, and further news of certain backroom staff to leave in order for Joe to appoint his own is to come pretty soon.

this has been rumbling for a few weeks now,hence why wardle got involved in a small way first,to test the water so to speak.

joe knew after the first game and first weeks training who he wanted and who he didnt,hence departures and recent talking of new shoots of progress coming through.

massive clear out expected and big joes mate on board in some big capacity financially.

just hope it is anounced sooner rather than later,maybe stop people feeling next season is going to be a relegation one.

If I was to guess. I'd say the one of TTA that doesn't want to sell is Blitz. Gazal as never seemed to be that much involved and Corney doesn't have the same clout as the other two. As for Royle ditching our current backroom staff to bring in his own, most new gaffers do and plus the backroom boys deals are up anyway.

Now if Wardle as made a lock stock and barrel offer for the club does this indicate he wouldn't part invest?

As for the goings on within the club since BFJ arrived the decks on budgets have been slashed already.

If I was to guess. I'd say the one of TTA that doesn't want to sell is Blitz. Gazal as never seemed to be that much involved and Corney doesn't have the same clout as the other two. As for Royle ditching our current backroom staff to bring in his own, most new gaffers do and plus the backroom boys deals are up anyway.

Now if Wardle as made a lock stock and barrel offer for the club does this indicate he wouldn't part invest?

As for the goings on within the club since BFJ arrived the decks on budgets have been slashed already.

I dont think budgets will be slashed massively next season, but I think they will be cut.

I agree, looks like Wardle wants a percentage, most probably the whole of TTA's stake rather than just sticking his money in, which he can't be blamed for really.

Edited by LaticsLegend

I dont think budgets will be slashed massively next season, but I think they will be.

I agree, looks like Wardle wants a percentage, most probably the whole of TTA's stake rather than just sticking his money in, which he can't be blamed for really.

Personally...I think the budget will be slashed massively if it's just TTA without the investment of a backer. However, as you've said and I've guessed above, Wardle or whoever else won't want to be just an investor, they'll want to be main shareholder if they're taking over just the football club rather than the land...they'll want pretty much all of the club IMO.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Personally...I think the budget will be slashed massively if it's just TTA without the investment of a backer. However, as you've said and I've guessed above, Wardle or whoever else won't want to be just an investor, they'll want to be main shareholder if they're taking over just the football club rather than the land...they'll want pretty much all of the club IMO.

I agree. However I can't help think it'd be great to have a combination of Blitz and Wardle. Blitz can stay in the US and do what needs to be done there whilst Wardle takes on a more hands-on role of chairman...

I agree. However I can't help think it'd be great to have a combination of Blitz and Wardle. Blitz can stay in the US and do what needs to be done there whilst Wardle takes on a more hands-on role of chairman...

obviously were still guessing,but i dont think corney has done too bad a job,i am of the opinian that it maybe corney who doesnt want to sell,he is here all the time more often than not,and gets involved a lot more than others.

think blitz would jump at the chance to recoup his cash,going off the saga not too long ago with the loan to another club etc etc.

maybe wardle is buying gazals share,we just dont know,i do think however if they say no to wardle then joe will say no.

does anybody know how much money wardle has at his disposal???

and what we would consider a fair offer for the club???

With Corney becoming a players agent or a Dennis Wise-style, Technical Director??? (Tongue-firmly-in-cheek) :wink:

Why would anyone want to take over just the footballing side :shock:

That's what l have heard anyway. They are getting rid of the people with high wages e.g they have already got rid of Lids and everyone knows they are getting rid of Hughes.

Has wardle got any business outside of football???

how much is he worth is he better of than the TTA???

Plenty of business outside football.

Sportswear firm.

He foubnded and sold JD Sports. Then created Cabrini sponsors us (which may be all the rumours amount too, or maybe not)

And Allsports

But for me why Wardle might not invest is that CAbrinis psonsor a lot of teams now.

Charlton, Blackpool, Exeter, Dundee, Luton and I think Bournemouth, of the top of my head.

I hope it is not 2+2 =5 on wardles investment.

I do agree with Ackey, TTA +WArdle is good, I just doubt it would happen as no person of that stature would accept that I feel.

I am fairly certain that Wardle is richer than the TTA.

EDIT I am going to check the bit about Cabrininn out, as I thought he still had some shares in it

Edited by singe

Given that I have seen no reliable indication anywhere of exactly how wealthy TTA are (Simon B and Danny in particular), I wouldn't be so certain about that. It's difficult to check, given their prime assets are in the US.

Besides, it's about how much they're willing to invest and under what structure more than how rich they are.

Plenty of business outside football.

Sportswear firm.

He foubnded and sold JD Sports. Then created Cabrini sponsors us (which may be all the rumours amount too, or maybe not)

And Allsports

But for me why Wardle might not invest is that CAbrinis psonsor a lot of teams now.

Charlton, Blackpool, Exeter, Dundee, Luton and I think Bournemouth, of the top of my head.

I hope it is not 2+2 =5 on wardles investment.

I do agree with Ackey, TTA +WArdle is good, I just doubt it would happen as no person of that stature would accept that I feel.

EDIT I am going to check the bit about Cabrininn out, as I thought he still had some shares in it

WHY oldham tho?? not exactly a money making opportunity is it, doesnt make sense

but if he wants to no one will say no

get that stand built im sick of watching cars drive past BP, i should really be watching the game :disappointed::grin:

WHY oldham tho?? not exactly a money making opportunity is it, doesnt make sense

but if he wants to no one will say no

get that stand built im sick of watching cars drive past BP, i should really be watching the game :disappointed::grin:

the land is where the money is also if u have lots of cash get some good players in not waiste of space players actually buy a player over 100k god i cant remmber the last time we spent over 100k.