• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well atleast i know i wont have to waiste £480 ish next season

What are you? Some sort of "John Wardle FC" supporter?

Clearly not a latics fan if you base buying a season ticket on whether a new investor comes in. More like a glory hunter.

I don't think all three of them would get on myself.

I was thinking Wenger as first team Manager, Mourinho as coach/reserve team manager and O'Neill as Youth team coach, a dream team I would have thought.

Alas without a major injection of Wardle cash I think it may just be a pipedream. :wink:

Sorry, that's just waaaaaay too reasonable.

We're all doing our best to whip up a bit of messageboard outrage now our season's gone up the swanee and all you can do is sit there and type sense.

Not good enough.

mob-angry.gif

Yes, I was just sharpening my pitchfork...

What are you? Some sort of "John Wardle FC" supporter?

Clearly not a latics fan if you base buying a season ticket on whether a new investor comes in. More like a glory hunter.

So negative. The lad was clearly saying that he wouldn't be throwing £480 on his waist (i.e. beer), as he will need it for his season ticket. He's probably an anti-glory fan, and will stop the moment we get good*.

*Disclaimer: OldhamSheridan does not guarantee Oldham will get good at any point, or any return of money should this fail to ever happen.*

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Alan Hardy says, "John is a good friend of the club and has been to watch us this season, however speculation that he would be joining the club's board was a typo error which meant to read he would be joining the club's bored fans at the Crewe game. Hopefully this has now cleared up any misunderstanding."

Coffee my arse... They polished off what was left of Sheridan's whisky supply :)

I got the impression it wasn't a very long chat.....!

I would think that the coffee was only the really cheap Nescfe instant variety, and ran out at half way through the chat....

Always thought club official referred to someone very high up in the club. But the tea lady bit made me laugh seen as the official in question told Chrissy T to make me a brew at the time. *

Anyway just telling it as it is, and these things are never black and white. It was a crazy decision imo with its roots based in a frustrating time the previous season due to a large number of injuries and reserve team cancellations. It also had a knock-on effect in terms of the type of loanees we were able to bring in.

So even Chrissy T making a brew was not enough to persaude you to invest John?

* NB THis was quote is regrding the scrapping of the Reseres 8 months ago, but you can make it a consiiracy theory can't you!

Edited by singe

Relegation with a team of kids in a vandalised three-sided ground beckons....

If Wardle's non-arrival means no investment full stop, this is, unfortunately, a far more likely prospect than promotion and a redeveloped BP.

Sad to see it come to this after all the hopes that came with TTA.

If Wardle's non-arrival means no investment full stop, this is, unfortunately, a far more likely prospect than promotion and a redeveloped BP.

Sad to see it come to this after all the hopes that came with TTA.

Brakes on a bit...

While I share your worry... The old plan is still their I understand and now we have to hope on the market recovering...

Damn you TTA, damn you for failing to spot a global recession that pretty much every financial professional, commentator or analyst failed to spot coming. Damn you too for failing to get your plans passed by a small backward looking Northern provincial council's planning department. Damn you all!!!!!

Damn you TTA, damn you for failing to spot a global recession that pretty much every financial professional, commentator or analyst failed to spot coming. Damn you too for failing to get your plans passed by a small backward looking Northern provincial council's planning department. Damn you all!!!!!

Nobody has blamed TTA for anything. Saying it's sad to see it come to this isn't the same as saying it's their fault.

Edited by Corporal_Jones