TTA Firm Commitment To BP Redevelopment

Welcome reassurance in the Advertiser:

Mr Blitz also reiterated that he and his co-owners, Simon Corney and Danny Gazal, are committed to Boundary Park.

Against the backdrop of the credit crunch, Mr Blitz added that the trio’s commitment to delivering a multi-million-pound stadium development is firm.

"It will happen and we’re going to try and develop some of the land ourselves," he said. "That may be just an acre here and an acre there – small bits at a time – but the profits would go straight back into the stadium plan. An outsider might not see it but, like with the deal we’ve just done to rent parking spaces to the Royal Oldham Hospital, we’re increasing our non-football revenue. The exact form of the development and how long it takes are difficult in these times but, on the upside, construction costs are down by more than ten per cent on last year."

Mr Blitz also reiterated that he and his co-owners, Simon Corney and Danny Gazal, are committed to Boundary Park.

Against the backdrop of the credit crunch, Mr Blitz added that the trio’s commitment to delivering a multi-million-pound stadium development is firm.

"It will happen and we’re going to try and develop some of the land ourselves," he said. "That may be just an acre here and an acre there – small bits at a time – but the profits would go straight back into the stadium plan. An outsider might not see it but, like with the deal we’ve just done to rent parking spaces to the Royal Oldham Hospital, we’re increasing our non-football revenue. The exact form of the development and how long it takes are difficult in these times but, on the upside, construction costs are down by more than ten per cent on last year."

Crumbs of comfort, I suppose.

They are desperately needed at the moment.

That stand is needed, simply to make the place appealing again. The loss of the Lookers stand has turned the place from a quaint ground that looks like it has a bit of history about it in to an embarasing dump.

While fully appreciating the economic climate etc etc I'd love them to say "we're funding the new stand from our own wealth, construction starts on Monday and it will be ready for the 2010/11 season".

That stand is needed, simply to make the place appealing again. The loss of the Lookers stand has turned the place from a quaint ground that looks like it has a bit of history about it in to an embarasing dump.

While fully appreciating the economic climate etc etc I'd love them to say "we're funding the new stand from our own wealth, construction starts on Monday and it will be ready for the 2010/11 season".

We all would but its not going to happen. Although it does look a bit of a dump its saving us money and it was falling down anyway.

We all would but its not going to happen. Although it does look a bit of a dump its saving us money and it was falling down anyway.

you could argue that it was the NSM stand that made the palce look a dump.

Main stand: Quaint from a bygone era

Rocky: Newest stand looks fine

Chaddy. New roof means it looks OK, just a bit old.

NSM looked what it was.

Obviously 3 sides looks bad, but in some ways looks less dated than it did.

you could argue that it was the NSM stand that made the palce look a dump.

Main stand: Quaint from a bygone era

Rocky: Newest stand looks fine

Chaddy. New roof means it looks OK, just a bit old.

NSM looked what it was.

Obviously 3 sides looks bad, but in some ways looks less dated than it did.

Why don't we demolish the Main Stand & then the stadium would look half decent?

I'm more concerned with the rebuilding of the team than the stands.

Put a decent product on the pitch & people will return.

We need to build a team of young, hungry players that will stay together & hopefully take us into the championship & hopefully further. We need to get the reserves set up back up & running so that we have a constant production line of talent waiting to step up when the opportunity arises.

We cannot carry on with the constant chopping & changing of the squad every season & cannot rely on loanees.

You cannot build a team for the future with loan signings when they return to their own clubs after a month or 2 or halfway through the season.

Can't understand these comments about BP looking a dump or worse, for being a 3-sided ground. So what??? Rather be that than be pumping money in for the upkeep of a wooden stand crumbling around its ears. Only annoyance I've found from loosing the Lookers is the awkward angle of the TV replays we get now. But it's really not that big a deal.

Not an ounce of fact. Just your opinion.

Of course, it is entirely possible, but not as certain as you say.

Right, cos you know who I am. I'm telling you, I know for a FACT that BP would never be redeveloped. Reading the latest comments only supports my view...carefully planned words by Corney.

Right, cos you know who I am. I'm telling you, I know for a FACT that BP would never be redeveloped. Reading the latest comments only supports my view...carefully planned words by Corney.

sorry, you know for a "FACT" or it's your "view"???

i'm confused.

and, who are you?

sorry, you know for a "FACT" or it's your "view"???

i'm confused.

and, who are you?

look, I've told you what I know to be true and you're doing your best to try and either shoot me down or discredit what I'm saying. I'm not on here every day saying blah, blah, blah, fact. I happen to know what i've posted is true, you either believe it or you don't...I guess only time will prove me right.

look, I've told you what I know to be true and you're doing your best to try and either shoot me down or discredit what I'm saying. I'm not on here every day saying blah, blah, blah, fact. I happen to know what i've posted is true, you either believe it or you don't...I guess only time will prove me right.

Are you absolutely sure that the people who own the ground know what the whole site is going to be used for? I seem to recall that not so long ago they thought they were about to build 700 flats and a hotel on part of it. Times changed.

So - BP is never going to be redeveloped for a stadium. You may be correct. Possibilities:

1) The club will move to another site.

Maybe - not any time soon. Tried and failed, would take a decade from here to make it happen

2) The grasping Jews are going to run the club down, close it and sell the land for profit

Maybe - bit late to do that - the economics are all changed, as per (1), but they have continued to spend money on :censored:e to try and achieve results. Not what I would do if I was looking at the bottom line. Perhaps it is the forthcoming end of the 10 year covenant on them using the land for sport? That end is very much coming for planning purposes, but why would they imagine (should that be on their minds) that they would be able to get an application through if it was on the basis of shafting the Club? They know better both from the workings of the Council and the determination of the fans (who were on their side...)

3) TTA are going to do nothing, continue to subsidise the club and sit here in 30 years with 100 fans and the wind swirling aroung them in a pile of rubble.

Any I've missed?

You are right, but you didn;t say.

And I don't know where you got you facts from, you didn;t say.

The trouble is you said never, then qualified it.

Simple fact-You don't what is going to happen.

TTA could sell to someone who develops the ground. Fact.

I dont get this comment ? We might not see what ? Where the money is going ? Surely thats the whole point of Barry ? Just a bit confused...