New Manager Thread

With regards to Gannon, from what I’ve picked up of the Stockport message board it would appear that he’s on ‘allegedly’ on a very, very substantial salary, gets a cut of the transfer fee on all player sales and on gate receipts above a certain level.

I'd very much doubt that considering their financial position.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps that's one of the reasons that their financial position is so dire.

As he's on a weekly deal they'd just let him go wouldn't they. They'd probably have done it once they were safe. It wouldn't cost them a penny in compo and they'd immediately be gaining extra cash.

If it's true.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Given the fact that Sale Sharks take 30% of all County transfers I doubt it's true, and if it was it's nothing special, lot's of managers have finders fee's for players they bring to the club and then sold on, Iain Dowie being one of them.

To be honest I’ve no idea whether it’s true or not and I’m not necessarily saying there’s anything wrong with it. It’s just what I’ve picked up off the County board. It would appear the 90% of them worship the ground he walks on whereas 10% have reservations about him and wish he would wind his neck in a bit.

I was just trying to give a reason why some people seem dead set against him, as those who are don’t seem to come up with anything more than ‘anybody but him!’

would like someone with some decent experience in management and not sure that he would have the respect of the dressing room for long if we get off to a slow start. cant see him being the man to take us to the Championship why not go for someone who has done something in the game?

would like someone with some decent experience in management and not sure that he would have the respect of the dressing room for long if we get off to a slow start. cant see him being the man to take us to the Championship why not go for someone who has done something in the game?

Would that someone want to come here and work on a budget though having to wheel and deal on frees and loans???

Iv heard Gannon a few times on radio/tv interviews in the last couple of years and always thought the guys a bit of a c*ck (he'd fit right in with some of the moaners at BP lol)

That said, i dont think anyone can knock what he's done at county on next to nothing. He's proved he can cut it in this division with a young squad.

I'd much prefer Gannon over Ritchie/Ince/Jewell

I'm a little sad that Royle isn't going to be the man to turn our fortunes around but I suppose it was asking alot for him to do it twice without money and, as many have said, it is probably better to remember him for the successes of his first stint here rather than have it all undone in an instant when we fail to set off like a house on fire next season.

I would hate to see his name dragged through the mud as would probably happen here if we weren't pressing for the premiership within 3 years!!!

I just hope the TTA have thought long and hard about their next choice as the previous regimes have been nothing short of disasterous.

We simply have to get it right on the pitch this time and boost our dwindling home support....I dread to think what will happen to the club if we get it wrong again!!

Aye. I remember the game too, Professor Wolfgang Schnell BSc. PhD. bagged the winner in the last minute after 4 penalty saves by Billy. It lives long in the memory does that one.

Was that after a delightful through-ball supplied by the large-chested winger Brown Fox?

I wouldn't say the last two appointments were disasters. Not good enough perhaps. Talbot was the only disaster.

It's hard to get out of this league on what we've got to work with. Even harder next season.

I'd say the last two were no matter how you gloss it over...To say we're 4 years down the line with very decent budgets and yet no nearer promotion.

I'd say that's pretty disasterous and the main reason our support is dwindling year on year!

I'd say the last two were no matter how you gloss it over...To say we're 4 years down the line with very decent budgets and yet no nearer promotion.

I'd say that's pretty disasterous and the main reason our support is dwindling year on year!

I'd say getting relegated would be a disaster. Failing to go up just means they weren't good enough. They had good budgets I agree but they didn't have the best.