Back To Burgundy

cracking, but wouldnt work. what happens when we play leeds? or any other team which plays in white? we would need a third strip, and that would mean keepig the yellow :shock:

Doubt it will be an issue in a couple of weeks!

Theres also the simple fact that the home shirt isnt going to be changed, so it would not be a problem... plus we are keeping the yellow strip as a third kit, like we allegedly still had the tangerine this season....

:huh:

I like the kits though... as you say if we were to have them, prob would need to be an exact negative, with the central white bit being blue on the home version...

I like the kits though... as you say if we were to have them, prob would need to be an exact negative, with the central white bit being blue on the home version.

over to you arnold on bigfins suggestion, or perhaps colour in burgandy & blue (instead of white) for the away strip.

over to you arnold on bigfins suggestion, or perhaps colour in burgandy & blue (instead of white) for the away strip.

How did you make those strips Arnold? Tell me Tell me!!!

cracking, but wouldnt work. what happens when we play leeds? or any other team which plays in white? we would need a third strip, and that would mean keepig the yellow :shock:

Unfortunatly, yes, as musch as i like the designs whenever we played brighton/southampton/huddersfield/leeds/tranmere we'd have to have an alternate kit (ie, the yellow one) those were only posted to help people visulize otheres ideas

Doubt it will be an issue in a couple of weeks!

Theres also the simple fact that the home shirt isnt going to be changed, so it would not be a problem... plus we are keeping the yellow strip as a third kit, like we allegedly still had the tangerine this season....

:huh:

I like the kits though... as you say if we were to have them, prob would need to be an exact negative, with the central white bit being blue on the home version...

That maybe one option, athough the amout of whie on the kit would still be quite high especially considering last time we played in thirds the back of the kit was plain white in order to suit the player names/numbers text!

Like this?

football_shirt_BB.jpg

How did you make those strips Arnold? Tell me Tell me!!!

Basically just playing around with the original image BP1960 posted (one of my altime favorite kits BTW) in a free image editing program called paint.net, it's quite similar to photoshop but freeware with alot of the plugins developed by users of the software.

How about replacing the white with Tangerine on the home shirt?

football_shirt_BT.jpg

i quite like that, but definatly not as a home shirt, i think it could work as a primary/alternate away kit though!

Edited by arnoid

Jesus H. Corbett. These are all 'orrible :lol:

I'm not a massive fan of having a load of white on the home kit. Something similar to Chelsea's current home kit would be lovely. Aside from the black/gold away kit we had, the all white one from a few years ago should make a return. That was nice.

Unfortunatly, yes, as musch as i like the designs whenever we played brighton/southampton/huddersfield/leeds/tranmere we'd have to have an alternate kit (ie, the yellow one) those were only posted to help people visulize otheres ideas

That maybe one option, athough the amout of whie on the kit would still be quite high especially considering last time we played in thirds the back of the kit was plain white in order to suit the player names/numbers text!

Like this?

football_shirt_BB.jpg

Basically just playing around with the original image BP1960 posted (one of my altime favorite kits BTW) in a free image editing program called paint.net, it's quite similar to photoshop but freeware with alot of the plugins developed by users of the software.

football_shirt_BT.jpg

i quite like that, but definatly not as a home shirt, i think it could work as a primary/alternate away kit though!

Horrible. All horrible.

You lot definately are NOT in the fashion industry - but at least you aren't gay :grin:

I didn't pick the colours, people suggested them and i created mockups.

I did realise this morning, without a drunken head on on that that is indeed a burnley kit though.

for what its worth i like the blue and white one!

It's interesting that a few people on here like the burgundy kit, but do you realise the origins of the colour at the club? It was the the corporate colour of a certain company owned by a certain chap that is not too popular. Still in favour?

It's interesting that a few people on here like the burgundy kit, but do you realise the origins of the colour at the club? It was the the corporate colour of a certain company owned by a certain chap that is not too popular. Still in favour?

The 1st Burgundy kit came in either 1 or 2 years before CM came to the club IIRC.

I'm sure that can be checked at Museum D'Latique.

Cheers,

Harry

Didn't we play in a burgendy/dark red kit in the early '90s though?

I think if we start creating tenuous negative links to colours we'll be playing in aquamarine and purple next year!

Didn't we play in a burgendy/dark red kit in the early '90s though?

I think if we start creating tenuous negative links to colours we'll be playing in aquamarine and purple next year!

We didn't even do that and still ended up with monkey-sick yellow.

I just wish we could go back to a decent manufacturer....... my Brøndby shirt is Addidas and it's a million times better than the tat we've had since we stopped using Umbro.

I'm not too fussed about the manufacturer providing the shirt is stylish, I've not liked the last few Latics shirts I've bought as the mediums are way too baggy and that was more the fashion in the mid-90's these days it's all about tight shirts, the best one I've got is my Eintracht Frankfurt one or my Delhi Daredevils Cricket top. Assuming it's a crappy baggy one as normal I'll just wear my Roger Palmer T-shirt

Edited by Tommy_Fent

The 1st Burgundy kit came in either 1 or 2 years before CM came to the club IIRC.

I'm sure that can be checked at Museum D'Latique.

Cheers,

Harry

The all burgundy kit was during the CM era, it was the away kit for 2002/03 season. I was told by someone at the club at the time that it was chosen as the Torag logo was burgundy at that time.

However, I do agree with the point made that we shouldn't attach a negative connotation to any colour, we would soon run out of options!

However, that all burgundy kit just reeks of 'Torag' to me. Yuck

Edited by jetman