Where did it all go wrong? Tony Bugby explains

In last night's rarely wrong Chron Tony Bugby sums up his reasoning behind last season's relegation form. The article includes:

The players I have spoken to privately insist previous manager John Sheridan had not lost the dressing room, although events on the pitch suggested otherwise.

And they were unable to give an explanation as to why a team which challenged for promotion for six or seven months should lose its way in the last third of the season.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...it-all-go-wrong

In last night's rarely wrong Chron Tony Bugby sums up his reasoning behind last season's relegation form. The article includes:

The players I have spoken to privately insist previous manager John Sheridan had not lost the dressing room, although events on the pitch suggested otherwise.

And they were unable to give an explanation as to why a team which challenged for promotion for six or seven months should lose its way in the last third of the season.

Biggest load of plagarised crap I've ever read. The whole article is taken off these boards - crap journalism from a crap journalist!

Guest sheridans_world
Biggest load of plagarised crap I've ever read. The whole article is taken off these boards - crap journalism from a crap journalist!

Could you give him the title of journalist?

Bring back Yarwood.

Yeah! He even nicked Dog-gate from my poll!

It's simple where it all went wrong... Having a 2 goals in 40 games ratio from our loan strikers.

I cant believe he didnt even mention the lack of a reserve team! That IMO was the biggest mistake we made last season.

I cant believe he didnt even mention the lack of a reserve team! That IMO was the biggest mistake we made last season.

This is incredible. OWTB quite rightly points to the lack of a reserve side in our podcast - listen to it now - for free!

We tell it like it is....

Boo, Don't slag Bugby off! We gave him a lift to Millwall many moons ago when his car broke down at the services, in return I got a signed picture of Ian Marshall (I burnt it when he left) and my brother got Andy Barlow!

Admitedly they were only 50p from the club shop lol.

Boo, Don't slag Bugby off! We gave him a lift to Millwall many moons ago when his car broke down at the services, in return I got a signed picture of Ian Marshall (I burnt it when he left) and my brother got Andy Barlow!

Admitedly they were only 50p from the club shop lol.

You got a bad deal there mate.

Does Alex keep the pie on a muffin loon in a cupboard and bring him out on special occasions?

Derek.

Given that we all seem to think we're right on here with our majority view, how come Bugby is slatted for saying exactly the same?. Or is he supposed to type stuff wrong just to be different to OWTB posters? just curious like.

Given that we all seem to think we're right on here with our majority view, how come Bugby is slatted for saying exactly the same?. Or is he supposed to type stuff wrong just to be different to OWTB posters? just curious like.

It is an awful article, first and foremost.

For one, he states his main argument is that the loan players had an unsettling influence, yet doesn't talk about their unsettling influence, just to their poor goalscoring records. Any monkey can see that. It's not rocket science - Shez's poor striker signings cost him his job, plain as.

Would it have been wiser to stick with Lewi? Well no, the guy scored in three games all season. Yes, that was more than the loan signings, but when he did play he wasn't scoring and it was the right decision to bring people in to play ahead of him...the players may have not been up to scratch, but the premise of bringing someone in when the team's second striker is struggling to get goals is fair enough.

The guy makes out Shez was to blame...but was he saying this when Shez was in the job? No. Where were the critical articles then? Easy to berate someone when they're gone and can't do you any favours any more.

What smacks the most is how it appeared in many of his reports this year that he wasn't even at the game, just recycling other reports. Yarwood was superb earlier in the season, and when he went the reports went downhill. It's another poor article from a poor journalist to round off a poor reporting season.

how would he know? he only took over from yarwood during the season.

half the time he is watching the egg chasers :shock: