Hitting the 4500 target

Why do you bother wasting the skin cells on your fingertips ?

Partly to give an opinion which seems to be appreciated by at least a few of the more intelligent posters on here even if they don't always agree.

And partly because those who come across as gobby morons who, in the absence of coherent counter arguments, can only write about the poster don't exactly bother me.

I could go on...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me, but I thought our motto was "Keep the faith". Then I read stuff like "The team is on I'ts arse" . Erm as yet I dont think we have next seasons team in place. The same bloke states that the team will be loaded with journeymen, and less talented players than last season, and who would sign for us if they were any good. It may have escaped your attention that we are a third division football club living in the shadow of far bigger clubs,and on a day to day basis it TOUGH. I can assure you there will be lots of players that are very good, that would want to sign for us if the alternative was the dole queue. I am upset by constant negative comments from so called "Latics" fans. fact is unless you are a fan of one of the top six clubs in the country, your lifes journey as a fan will be littered with anger,dissapointment, gut wrenching heartache, and very occasionally deep joy. May I respectfully suggest we may all have a better club if we cut out the whinging, supported and backed OUR club. and above all "KEEP THE FAITH".

Why does living in the shadow of bigger clubs mean accepting permanent mediocrity? Other clubs in this region live in the shadow of bigger clubs and have left us behind in terms of league position, status in the game, facilities and everything else, despite being in a worse state than we are currently less than a couple of decades ago.

Keep the Faith is well past its sell-by date, being associated with one of the most depressing periods in the club's history.

Why does living in the shadow of bigger clubs mean accepting permanent mediocrity? Other clubs in this region live in the shadow of bigger clubs and have left us behind in terms of league position, status in the game, facilities and everything else, despite being in a worse state than we are currently less than a couple of decades ago.

Keep the Faith is well past its sell-by date, being associated with one of the most depressing periods in the club's history.

It would be galling to see Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton AND Burnley all in the Premiership.

I believe 3 of those teams have played in the 4th flight within the last 20 years.

So much as the Corp can be a miserable old git, I see the point being made (no offence intended Corp).

Edited by opinions4u

He has a point.

It would be galling to see Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton AND Burnley all in the Premiership.

I believe 3 of those teams have played in the 4th flight within the last 20 years.

So much as the Corp can be a miserable old git, I see the point being made (no offence intended Corp).

No offence taken. It would be galling enough even if all those clubs were merely struggling in the division above us as opposed to thriving while we flounder.

You pay the season ticket over 10 monthly installments, around the £30 mark but depends where you sit etc. APR is 19.9% Think there's a sticky about it at the top of the forum?

Surely paying 19.9% can't be an attractive option for many?

From memory it adds about £30 in interest for a full price ticket. It's far more attractive than paying £20 a game x 23 = £460 (£120+ more attractive).

Not for me, but if you want to attend most games and can't pay it all up front, it's certainly a viable option at around £33 a month for 10 months.

Edited by opinions4u

we are a massive club though luke, there be tens of thousands of people buying tickets next week! i might go tomorrow just to make sure that i can get one, dont want to miss out!!!

Hahaha. I'm bringing a flask, deck chair, sandwiches and a brolly. Best come prepared for the long wait. I really dont know how the ticket office is going to cope on deadline day. :lol:

They'll be more of a queue in the grey mare if I decide to pop in for a swift wkd sambucca than at Boundary Park. :wink::grin:

Hahaha. I'm bringing a flask, deck chair, sandwiches and a brolly. Best come prepared for the long wait. I really dont know how the ticket office is going to cope on deadline day. :lol:

They'll be more of a queue in the grey mare if I decide to pop in for a swift wkd sambucca than at Boundary Park. :wink::grin:

If yer going at dinner time there will be a massive queue, but keep walking 'cos that's the lunch rush at Ree Ming!

It there's only half a dozen in front of you, it means about 40 minutes of your life wasted, compared with postal or online purchases.

Whatever happens, let's have no moaning about the Ticket Office, especially if the cleavage does a Stam i.e., is a no-show. :grin:

got ours today after a traumatic weekend of NOT being able to purchase it online (damn ticketmaster.....).

Went to the ticket office at 4.50pm.....what a que....NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......but did save the £6.00 booking fee if we had bought online and if we had decided on postage too - it would have been another £6.00 on top too.

So £12.00 saving......hmm.....that will be allocated to the drinking fund for the grey mare first game of the season...

Well got to get my priorities right eh......

P.s ask the lady in the ticket office if we had sold many season tickets..she indicated it had not been a geat reponse to the 4,000+ offer...so what are you waiting for?????.....a rush???...best book with Rocky for the use of his deck chair....lol

OK we had a bigger average gate than last year but if that only includes Legaue games (and I think that's likely) I'll give you one explanation- Joe Royle. We had 1000 more fans at his first game (and I bet a few more than at his second) than we would have normally, that in combination to Huddersfield actually bringing some fans for once, Millwall playing us on opening day and Leicester I can explain away our increase in gate to my satisfaction. We won't sell 4500 season tickets and there won't be a queue of mroe than 2 people to get one at any point during the week. The board sacked one manager who had done a decent job because he wasn't selling season tickets but I bet we sell less season tickets this year than we did that year and I'm sorry but Penney hasn't lit up the enthusiasm with a.) his appointment and b.) his signings (oh right he hasn't actually signed anyone and we have about 11 pros at the mo- 2 of which play in goal). I'm not saying Penney doesn't deserve a shot- he does- all I'm saying is despite releasing 6 senior pros (a lot of whom were well liked) we haven't signed anyone. This is as far as I can see a rebuilding season I can see us coming good towards the end of the season and us giving promotion a good shot next year (if we do better that's all well and good I'm not keeping my hopes up though) and I think our season ticket sales and overall attendance will reflect this.

OK we had a bigger average gate than last year but if that only includes Legaue games (and I think that's likely) I'll give you one explanation- Joe Royle.
Probably accounts for 100 of the 300 increase.

I do think the club signing Ronaldinho or Raul might increase sales a little.

I love how people are searching for the most obscure reasons for an increase in attendence. It's insane. I don't despute that over the last ten years attendences have fallen on average. However we finally have a year of increases, for whatever reason, and people are grasping at straws to diminish it.

How about, and here's a crazy idea, you try being HAPPY that the club made a smidge more money from ticket sale last year? Try it, I ask of you, you might just enjoy it.

wooohooooooooo :D when would u have to make the first payment? also someone go pick me a app up drop it off at shaw pls i cant get out atm misses has cancer grrr so looking after here, so come on get my app gogogogog haha il phone them see if thay can post one.

Need to get mine sorted very soon, Zebra is only route - internet's a bit on top at work at the moment so can anyone do me a massive favour and give me an idiots step by step guide of what needs to be done - is it easy to pass credit checks?

ta

I love how people are searching for the most obscure reasons for an increase in attendence. It's insane. I don't despute that over the last ten years attendences have fallen on average. However we finally have a year of increases, for whatever reason, and people are grasping at straws to diminish it.

How about, and here's a crazy idea, you try being HAPPY that the club made a smidge more money from ticket sale last year? Try it, I ask of you, you might just enjoy it.

I'm not sure if your comment was directed at me Ackey but if it was then, I am happy that the club made more money by having an increase in ticket sales. I wasn't diminishing it I was explaining why I thought it happened. As far as I'm concerned (and I've said this before but not necessarily on here) Joe Royle did his job after his first game we were always going to struggle to get into the playoffs but he got the board a bit more cash by selling more tickets (and more executive packages) to that first game. Whether the board decide to spend that cash on players or to limit their own substantial losses is another matter.

I'm not sure if your comment was directed at me Ackey but if it was then, I am happy that the club made more money by having an increase in ticket sales. I wasn't diminishing it I was explaining why I thought it happened. As far as I'm concerned (and I've said this before but not necessarily on here) Joe Royle did his job after his first game we were always going to struggle to get into the playoffs but he got the board a bit more cash by selling more tickets (and more executive packages) to that first game. Whether the board decide to spend that cash on players or to limit their own substantial losses is another matter.

It was just a general statement of frustration mate. At the moment we have people having a strop that we got more people through the gates last year, that the club have but in a season ticket package that's the same price or cheaper than last year and that they've got rid of players most on here considered to be mediocre at best...

Basically they've done all that can be expected of them to make fans happy and still 2/3 posts are moaning.

Shame isn't it?

It was just a general statement of frustration mate. At the moment we have people having a strop that we got more people through the gates last year, that the club have but in a season ticket package that's the same price or cheaper than last year and that they've got rid of players most on here considered to be mediocre at best...

Basically they've done all that can be expected of them to make fans happy and still 2/3 posts are moaning.

Shame isn't it?

Mine and my boy's ordered

Obviously to have the money in full to pay for the season ticket in one go would be better. For those who can't the Zebra option is probably better than bunging it all on a credit card which could make it a lot more expensive, if you don't pay it off in good time. If you can find a 0% credit card that gives you cashback as well that would be the best option in my opinion.

Obviously to have the money in full to pay for the season ticket in one go would be better. For those who can't the Zebra option is probably better than bunging it all on a credit card which could make it a lot more expensive, if you don't pay it off in good time. If you can find a 0% credit card that gives you cashback as well that would be the best option in my opinion.

I paid an extra £25 or so last season for me and my boy's tickets. I've done the same this season.