Admittedly I have no source for this one - just speculation, but I noticed he'd been released by Blackpool along with a few others. Centre Half, 31, played in Championship or higher all his career and always based himself up north.

Good shout or quite obviously out of our league? Hmm?

Admittedly I have no source for this one - just speculation, but I noticed he'd been released by Blackpool along with a few others. Centre Half, 31, played in Championship or higher all his career and always based himself up north.

Good shout or quite obviously out of our league? Hmm?

SOURCE!?! What is the source of this outlandish claim that he's been spotted at BP and has already signed a £6,000 a week deal!?

Ahem. Sorry. Force of habbit.

I know nothing of him, but he's one of many older players who are going to find it harder to get a deal in the current market - so if he is good enough we might get him on the cheap at least.

What sort of player is he?

It's funny because his name is Broomes. Like a broom. You know, those things that you sweep with?

You couldn't make it up. According to Wikialwaysright:

His natural position is at centre-back or as a sweeper, which has led to his nickname of "Broomes, the sweeper"

SOURCE!?! What is the source of this outlandish claim that he's been spotted at BP and has already signed a £6,000 a week deal!?

Ahem. Sorry. Force of habbit.

I know nothing of him, but he's one of many older players who are going to find it harder to get a deal in the current market - so if he is good enough we might get him on the cheap at least.

What sort of player is he?

I believe he is one of those "Football" ones :grin: