• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where has this figure come from?

If that's right, it's a fantastic effort. I thought we'd be a lot closer to 2,000

Ssshh!! No room for opinions like that! We shouldn't rejoice that in a recession we potentially have sold a similar number of season tickets. The fact that the unsubstantiated amount of season tickets that have or have not been sold, may or may not have decreased by 500 is room for alarm and further proof that this club has stagnated.......

Ssshh!! No room for opinions like that! We shouldn't rejoice that in a recession we potentially have sold a similar number of season tickets. The fact that the unsubstantiated amount of season tickets that have or have not been sold, may or may not have decreased by 500 is room for alarm and further proof that this club has stagnated.......

Last time this subject came up wasn't the figure quoted around 2,600? Not that there is any reason to believe that anybody who posts up figures on here is necessarily in the know.

What else is 500 ST's fewer at a club with a fanbase like ours except a cause, if not for alarm, for concern? It will affect budgets, Cut budgets affect the quality of the playing squad, and a lower quality playing squad does indeed mean stagnation or decline. It isn't rocket science.

As for the recession factor, so far lowered interest rates have resulted in lower mortgage payments and more money in people's pockets. It's all artificial, of course, and will change as the costs of the measures being taken to mask the effects of the crisis begin to bite, but many people still in work are actually feeling better off.

What else is 500 ST's fewer at a club with a fanbase like ours except a cause, if not for alarm, for concern? It will affect budgets, Cut budgets affect the quality of the playing squad, and a lower quality playing squad does indeed mean stagnation or decline. It isn't rocket science.

an interesting viewpoint.

how come you've kept it under your hat for so long?

Last time this subject came up wasn't the figure quoted around 2,600? Not that there is any reason to believe that anybody who posts up figures on here is necessarily in the know.

As for the recession factor, so far lowered interest rates have resulted in lower mortgage payments and more money in people's pockets. It's all artificial, of course, and will change as the costs of the measures being taken to mask the effects of the crisis begin to bite, but many people still in work are actually feeling better off.

bite.gif

Took over two hours, fishings slow today.

As for reduced mortgages, yay! I fixed at a high rate in 2007 for 5 years, yay! I'm paying over 5% over the base rate and haven't had any extra money in my pocket which sucks balls but hey ho.

How about a campaign to sign Eric Cantona, if he signs the extra 1,500 season tickets would be sold in days and ST holders would get a £70 reward, everyone wins :wink::grin:

Edited by BP1960

No.... but he is somebody, a somebody that means something to somebody !!

I dare say his current situation is mirrored by a lot of other people ....

Lord - somebody - somebody

Can anybody find me - somebody to love?

I didn't know you cared. :blush:

No.... but he is somebody, a somebody that means something to somebody !!

I dare say his current situation is mirrored by a lot of other people ....

Undoubtedly. All I was saying was that the recession hsn't made us universally poorer in immediate terms in the way it would have if interest rates hadn't been cut to an historical low and so-called quantitative easing introduced.

There are are likely more people walking around now who feel more able to afford a ST than this time last year.

Aside from that, it is clutching at straws a bit to see 3000 ST's sold as a reason for celebration (if indeed the club has sold that many.) 3000-3500 STs makes us an insustainable club, reliant on our benefactors.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Lord - somebody - somebody

Can anybody find me - somebody to love?

I didn't know you cared. :blush:

I work hard every day of my life

I work till I ache my bones

At the end I take home my hard earned pay all on my own... we all pay for our ST our own way :grin::wink:

bite.gif

Took over two hours, fishings slow today.

As for reduced mortgages, yay! I fixed at a high rate in 2007 for 5 years, yay! I'm paying over 5% over the base rate and haven't had any extra money in my pocket which sucks balls but hey ho.

If its such a bad deal should consider paying the penalty and taking a lower rate may save you money in the long run.

The recession has been overhyped by the press that is why it is now dripping out that things aint as bad as they were made out, it is not armageddon. It has made people think about how they were budgetting which isn't a bad thing, which won't have helped season ticket sales. A proportion of those who haven't renewed ( not all ) will be the doom mongers who are also moaners at BP, so we may get an atmosphere at BP more like away games

Edited by laticsmarra

Are you honestly trying to say more people have more money in their pockets than this time last year ?