SMS Furman Signs

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Young, good fitness, creative, well done Tics... excellent.

"Furman will be looking to step up to English Championship over the next year with his new club as he also bids for a place in his country's World Cup squad."

younger, hungrier, fitter.

spot on - now we need a young striker or DP to get to work on Alice/Deano/Brooke

Great news. I've not seen the lad play but going of reports from Bradford fans along with the fact Rangers offered him a new deal and other teams were after him then he must have something in his box.

Roll on next season.

I am going to resist saying that this is a brilliant signing and a great piece of business until I have actually seen this kid kick a ball.

I really hope he is not another Dale Stephens :wink:

Come on Rick, you know how it works on here! Any signing is brilliant until he plays a game and we lose, then he's "gash."

Any youngster who gets a game is brilliant and should be a permenant fixture in the team, and is worth £2M. Only to be "gash" a few years down the line.

Any one who has played for us at somepoint (even if they were "gash") and is available on a free transfer should be signed up.

:grin:

"Furman will be looking to step up to English Championship over the next year with his new club as he also bids for a place in his country's World Cup squad."

Now with three internationals on our books, if all three (Eardley, Jacobson and now Furman) are called up, we can postpone our game. If in addition our squad is thin on the ground because of suspensions and injuries, that gives us an extra tactical option., which higher league clubs use to their advantage (including a training camp in the Algarve :wink: )

Edited by Fyldelatic

Come on Rick, you know how it works on here! Any signing is brilliant until he plays a game and we lose, then he's "gash."

Any youngster who gets a game is brilliant and should be a permenant fixture in the team, and is worth £2M. Only to be "gash" a few years down the line.

Any one who has played for us at somepoint (even if they were "gash") and is available on a free transfer should be signed up.

That should be part of the terms and conditions for season tickets.

You forgot about when any player moves to bigger club for more money that they are greedy, mercenary and gash anyway :wink:

And also forgotten was whether he is any good on Champ Manager or FIFA 1876 or some other football game as an indication if he is any good or not.

Very true also...... in fact i've often wondered why we bother employing scouts when you can find decent players on your ZX81 in the comfort of your own home.

I suspect Stitch's tongue was firmly up Gregan's arse in his cheek when he posted that.

Quite, I was fishing for the Corporal but only caught a tiddler.... :tongue1:

Anyway, what is wrong with making a hero out of my clubs returning captain and best player, a player who provides great entertainment in the way that he plays the game, bashes people and struts around the pitch like, erm, Sean Gregan.

The guy's a :censored: hero.

Now, back on topic. :grin:

Think this could be the midfielder we have lacked for some time, according to Bradford Carlisle were after him as well http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/page/News/...1706211,00.html.

I am actually amazed we have pulled this off,couple more of this calibre and we could be dark horses this season, I am certianly more optomistic than I was a few weeks ago. Well done DP and TTA.

Edited by penrhyn

From the Bradford fans

"50k *** thats feck all for furman."

"Bargain, he'll be worth ten times that if he has a decent season for them."

"seems strange that if we had 40k for evans we didnt have 50k for furman instead"

"I'd love him to sign, he was class"

"Furman was one of the best midfielders we've seen at VP since McCall played there between 1998 and 2002"

Sounds very promising the more you read about him. I'll ignore the bit about him playing for Rangers.

Definately has the potential, so pleased with this signing. Just hope Kieran Lee doesnt get overlooked with these players coming in.

Keep them coming Penney. The last two i've been impressed with.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Not that I'd be one to start any domino effect rumours or anything, but...

The OS says Furman has been allocated squad number 14.....

So what's happening to Reuben, then? :unsure:

he might take 5 or 6?

DP likes going to M'Brgh for loans any chance of Jonathan Franks and Nathan Porritt??

Nathan Porritt

A HIGHLY-TALENTED forward who can produce moments of world class skill.

Porritt signed professional terms with Boro in the 2008/9 season and is one of the most exciting prospects to have come through the Academy.

He continues to impress in the Reserves under Martin Scott and also made the bench for the first team during the 2008/09 season.

Born in Middlesbrough, he can operate on either wing or as a striker and has done well at England youth level throughout his time at the club.

Along with Boro's Jason Steele and Jonathan Franks he took part in the U17 World Cup and he has also been a member of the England U19 set-up.

Jonathan Franks

JONATHAN FRANKS is a promising attacking midfielder and forward who has represented England at youth level.

Born in Stockton, the 18-year-old scholar has impressed at Reserves level and was rewarded with a professional contract in 2009 after a number of impressive performances for both club and country.

Franks along with fellow team-mates Porritt and Jason Steele helped England U17 progress to the final of the European Championships and also starred in the U17 World Cup in Korea.

Made his first team debut away to West Ham United in the final game of the 2008-09 season.