Eardley - Derby interested?

ye ok he was voted best right back but can you honestly say you werent supprised that he was?

No, I wasn't. I don't know of a better right back in the 3rd division. I don't know how that vote works but if it's from all the pros in the division pros there must have been maybe 100 wingers, leftbacks and forwards he faced on the pitch who rated him that way. Rather than being surprised, could it be that it's you who is missing something?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what makes me laugh the most is the people who think he is :censored: want 550k to 1 million + add ons.

why? if he is as bad as people make out, then surely he is gone at the end of his contract and will stay at our level or drop down.

or maybe those people talk :censored:!

I can certainly understand some peoples frustrations with Eardley. Against Leicester last season (away) he proved exactly why he is the THE BEST Right Back in the division. Unfortunatley though, those games are becoming few and far between these days. There are too many 'Stockport away' performances and among others I was behind Shez when Eardley was dropped last season. His problem is consitency, Ronaldo didn't do the bussiness at United for his first 2-3 season, but then turned into one of the greatest players the Premier League is likely to ever come across and he did it at a relativley young age.

Eardley need to step up and get his head from out of his arse. Forget that people are having a go at you, if anything he should be using this a positive (I'll show you approach). Football is littered with players who had unbelievable talent, but couldn't reproduce it week in week out. One of the best examples of this is Pennant, moved for big money as a kid, the guy has bags of ability and on his day is devastating. His days are few and far between though.

Is Eardley like that? I'm not sure, but worryingly there are a few signs starting to show. Lets cash in on him, replace him with a steady eddie right back and invest the rest of the money in getting new ground/redevelopment done.

NO LESS THAN A MILLION POUND THOUGH. His talent alone is worth that.

what makes me laugh the most is the people who think he is :censored: want 550k to 1 million + add ons.

why? if he is as bad as people make out, then surely he is gone at the end of his contract and will stay at our level or drop down.

If I could do emoticons on this PC, I would be applauding! Not only do they think that we could sell a :censored: player for huge money, but they are sure he will then go on to a still higher level for mega-bucks and they want a slice of that action as well! Rubbish, Eardley!

QUOTE (palmer1 @ Jul 19 2009, 01:55 AM)

If I could do emoticons on this PC, I would be applauding! Not only do they think that we could sell a :censored: player for huge money, but they are sure he will then go on to a still higher level for mega-bucks and they want a slice of that action as well! Rubbish, Eardley!

For Leeselover: :applause1:

Also from me: :applause1:

And good to see that in the poll, by far the majority want to keep him despite the temptation of money.

Edited by singe

I agree that he is maybe not going to develop much more as a player with us. I am intrigued who we are going to get that is not worse than last year's player of the season in that position though? The choice before us is (so long as the offers come in) sell him and get someone less good in but with money to improve the squad as a whole, or keep him. Oldham's right back this season will be either Neal Eardley, or someone less good than him. FACT!

I'm agree with you totally on eards being massively under-rated by latics fans.... however, I have to say that I think the quest to replace him will be a little less fraught than you suggest. Eards is a good player... best in the division? Well Maybe... good for his age? Yes absolutely... Ireplaceable at our level if you had £50-£100k in your pocket? Nah, no way...

His value is based on the potential he has (which is massively stalling IMO at BP - he is good, but any better than 12 Months ago?).. I reckon for about £100k, or nothing but a bit more money to throw in a wages pot, you could get someone who could do easily as good a job as Neal, but with a bit more consistency.... the only difference is that the replacement would be further down his career, and doesnt have the potential to play in the Prem with the right coaching...

I have to say, I think it would be the right decision to sell Neal now. I think he is replaceable, he is one of our most saleable assets, and he just doesnt seem to be going anywhere with us - and a new start may mean he fulfills his potential. I rate him, so I would expect £500k+ at least... but as long as we get about £100k of the fee to go directly on a replacement, I doubt anyone would notice the difference really...

I'm agree with you totally on eards being massively under-rated by latics fans.... however, I have to say that I think the quest to replace him will be a little less fraught than you suggest. Eards is a good player... best in the division? Well Maybe... good for his age? Yes absolutely... Ireplaceable at our level if you had £50-£100k in your pocket? Nah, no way...

His value is based on the potential he has (which is massively stalling IMO at BP - he is good, but any better than 12 Months ago?).. I reckon for about £100k, or nothing but a bit more money to throw in a wages pot, you could get someone who could do easily as good a job as Neal, but with a bit more consistency.... the only difference is that the replacement would be further down his career, and doesnt have the potential to play in the Prem with the right coaching...

I have to say, I think it would be the right decision to sell Neal now. I think he is replaceable, he is one of our most saleable assets, and he just doesnt seem to be going anywhere with us - and a new start may mean he fulfills his potential. I rate him, so I would expect £500k+ at least... but as long as we get about £100k of the fee to go directly on a replacement, I doubt anyone would notice the difference really...

Good balanced post that the fee aside I agree with, and pretty much the way most level-headed Latics fans think.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we could get a perfectly serviceable right back for nowt, and I would certainly take a big offer and use the money around the squad. I stand by my statement that we won't get a replacement as good, as we wouldn't spend money on a defender, that's not to say that the cash wouldn't be better spent on another area.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we could get a perfectly serviceable right back for nowt, and I would certainly take a big offer and use the money around the squad. I stand by my statement that we won't get a replacement as good, as we wouldn't spend money on a defender, that's not to say that the cash wouldn't be better spent on another area.

If selling eardley is the key to an out and out goalscorer then I'd be willing to make the sacrifice because on the three showings so far we may struggle for goals this year.

Really, Really can't get my head around fans booing a player in a pre season friendly - beyond belief. Not only any player, but currently our most decorative with Int caps, regardless of who for, a good young footballer who like many, is far from perfect and makes mistakes and makes wrong decisions, though a very good full back at this level - the guys booing should be completely ashamed and if they had anythig better to do with their lives should go and well do it and feck off from BP.

Really, Really can't get my head around fans booing a player in a pre season friendly - beyond belief. Not only any player, but currently our most decorative with Int caps, regardless of who for, a good young footballer who like many, is far from perfect and makes mistakes and makes wrong decisions, though a very good full back at this level - the guys booing should be completely ashamed and if they had anythig better to do with their lives should go and well do it and feck off from BP.

Eardley to Blackpool is a done deal. He wants to go cos they are x4 his wages.

We wanted 225k but Blackpool won't pay more than 175k so we've accepted.

Source : Blackpool scout who was there on Saturday checking out his fitness!!

I am quite prepaed to eat humble pie and apologise to you about this if you are proved correct - but I find it very difficult to believe.

I am quite prepaed to eat humble pie and apologise to you about this if you are proved correct - but I find it very difficult to believe.

Fair enough i'll await your apology but the scout trains my team and his words were that its already a done deal to which i said well if he wants to go then let him go and he said "you'll be annoyed though when you hear the fee"

No doubt it'll come out as undisclosed!

i didn't go saturday,but i heard he was crap..so will they be still interested? B)

A done deal....or dependant on his fitness? :lol:

If it was a done deal I doubt Blackpool would have wanted him playing and two why would DP still play him if he knew he was on his way..... Not saying this rumour has no substance but sounds as though its not quite a done deal yet

Edited by NIKI1234

If it was a done deal I doubt Blackpool would have wanted him playing and two why would DP still play him if he knew he was on his way..... Not saying this rumour has no substance but sounds as though its not quite a done deal yet

Exactly. Another example of poorly thought out rumour mongering. :rolleyes:

lol anyone else seeing this pattern emerging?

i tell you what keep listening to see if a left winger gets sold in the chamnpionship and coun t the minutes before an article appears with "taylor tipped to join club x"

and same with a RB and eardley

truth be told you can only ever confirm these rumours when you see them holding the scarf of the new club next to their new manager

lol anyone else seeing this pattern emerging?

i tell you what keep listening to see if a left winger gets sold in the chamnpionship and coun t the minutes before an article appears with "taylor tipped to join club x"

and same with a RB and eardley

truth be told you can only ever confirm these rumours when you see them holding the scarf of the new club next to their new manager

Haven’t scrolled down enough to see; but I’m guessing there is a thread on the abuse that Neal got at Bury?

I was sat infront of a couple of clowns who took every opportunity to give Neal grief…..at one point 1 of them shouted “keep it away from the right; as far away from Eardley as possible”. With the ‘support’ of “fans” like that I’d be jumping at the chance of a move a way from BP if I was Neal. We really do have some morons who follow us; and it makes you wonder why they do – the same group on sat were saying along the lines of; we’re relegation fodder on this showing; we’re going to go down with this team etc. Why spend your money, why waste the time going to away game pre-season fixture if all you spout is doom & abuse??? I’m sick of it really.

Anyway, as for selling – for the right price; anyone of our side is for sale. Replacements can be found for all of our side; but they too will have flaws – just as all of our team do.

Neal Eardley wise – I rate the lad; really do – cracking right back at our level & with coaching; he’ll get better & better. If we do sell; it has to be for upwards of 500k, any less & we’ve had our pants well & truly pulled down………….

Haven’t scrolled down enough to see; but I’m guessing there is a thread on the abuse that Neal got at Bury?

I was sat infront of a couple of clowns who took every opportunity to give Neal grief…..at one point 1 of them shouted “keep it away from the right; as far away from Eardley as possible”. With the ‘support’ of “fans” like that I’d be jumping at the chance of a move a way from BP if I was Neal. We really do have some morons who follow us; and it makes you wonder why they do – the same group on sat were saying along the lines of; we’re relegation fodder on this showing; we’re going to go down with this team etc. Why spend your money, why waste the time going to away game pre-season fixture if all you spout is doom & abuse??? I’m sick of it really.

Anyway, as for selling – for the right price; anyone of our side is for sale. Replacements can be found for all of our side; but they too will have flaws – just as all of our team do.

Neal Eardley wise – I rate the lad; really do – cracking right back at our level & with coaching; he’ll get better & better. If we do sell; it has to be for upwards of 500k, any less & we’ve had our pants well & truly pulled down………….

What he said.