Eardley Transfer Poll

R.O.A.M

Neal Eardley  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Do we cash in or not?

• Yes
    • No

It's not really a simple question. I don't want us to sell him as I reckon he's a cracking little player, as do plenty of others not connected with this club as he's regularly scouted and linked with a move away, made the league one team of the year, welsh caps etc.

However I think to truly advance he needs to leave, not just to play for a bigger club but to get away from those neanderthal fans of ours who love to barrack him at the slightest opportunity,

so if the price is right I'd sell him and wish him all the best for the future, as I'm sure he'd flourish elswehere.

It's not really a simple question. I don't want us to sell him as I reckon he's a cracking little player, as do plenty of others not connected with this club as he's regularly scouted and linked with a move away, made the league one team of the year, welsh caps etc.

However I think to truly advance he needs to leave, not just to play for a bigger club but to get away from those neanderthal fans of ours who love to barrack him at the slightest opportunity,

so if the price is right I'd sell him and wish him all the best for the future, as I'm sure he'd flourish elswehere.

[/quo

neathanderal ..hahaha if you seen his neathanderal crossings today then 250 k what's been quoted is a very feasable proposition..

neil eardley equals one shot in his carreer that will live on forever on match of the day..probobly agains't burnley :grin:

i think it would help his career to move on his prograss seems to have stopped. maybe its the abuse maybe hes in a comfort zone. think for the right cash both parties could end up happy with him leaving. for the right money could get a good right back and the striker we badly need.

p.s. what happened to the midfield experiment? they were some of his best games for the club

i think it would help his career to move on his prograss seems to have stopped. maybe its the abuse maybe hes in a comfort zone. think for the right cash both parties could end up happy with him leaving. for the right money could get a good right back and the striker we badly need.

p.s. what happened to the midfield experiment? they were some of his best games for the club

I agree, and I don't think it would harm our chances of challenging this season. Anything over £600,000 with add-ons would be good business.

We've got Lomax and Purdie who can play in his position and loan players to consider.

Like you say, we could buy a quality striker like Glenn Murray, another centre back, and still have half of it left to help fund our losses!!!

A group of lads to our left at Gigg Lane yesterday gave him abuse every time he touched the ball. He does seem to be the number one target for the boo-boys and I think he needs to get away before it really starts to affect his game. If he stays, the danger is that his value will diminish, as the abuse seems set to continue. For the lad and for the club, he should probably go and I would rather take half a million now than nothing in a year or two when the player has been destroyed. Some of our fans are a disgrace.

considering he is out of contract at the end of the season, we would be daft not to consider an offer of 500k plus, as no doubt we would get screwed big time by any such tribunal

500k is a massive amount for a defender who consistently knocks it down the line to nobody, and a player who can consistently cross a ball so deep the person in row b usually wins the majority of headers. Majorly overrated. However put him centre midfield and 500k is a bargain

500k is a massive amount for a defender who consistently knocks it down the line to nobody, and a player who can consistently cross a ball so deep the person in row b usually wins the majority of headers. Majorly overrated. However put him centre midfield and 500k is a bargain

Finally someone who takes the protective 'he is young and still needs time after his amount of games and international experience' goggles off and realistically sees him for what he is in the majority of games, an average player.

I honestly believe we can do better than Eardley, and i wouldn't miss him if he left, not impressed with his attitude/demeanour and on the whole generally poor performances that havent improved since he broke in. Leicester away last season aside i cant think of any really good impressive games he had/has had for a while.

we would fetch 500k due to his international caps and league games for his age, not future potential.

500k + 20% sell on if he did ever improve and move on and he can go for me. We could get a good striker in, right back and CB for that money.

Finally someone who takes the protective 'he is young and still needs time after his amount of games and international experience' goggles off and realistically sees him for what he is in the majority of games, an average player.

I honestly believe we can do better than Eardley, and i wouldn't miss him if he left, not impressed with his attitude/demeanour and on the whole generally poor performances that havent improved since he broke in. Leicester away last season aside i cant think of any really good impressive games he had/has had for a while.

we would fetch 500k due to his international caps and league games for his age, not future potential.

500k + 20% sell on if he did ever improve and move on and he can go for me. We could get a good striker in, right back and CB for that money.

If we're offered decent schillings for him, then yeah off he goes - however I would love to see many of the fans reactions after a dozen games or so, seeing Lomax in the same position, a player imo, certainly not good enough for 3rd division football - Eardley however IS.

Replace Eardley with Lomax? Utter tripe.

Good call, I thought exactly the same.

I wouldn't be averse to selling Eardley at the right price as I agree with Bigfinlatic about full backs being pretty functional.

I think Eardley could be replaced for a lot less than we would get for him, thus freeing up cash to use elsewhere.

However, I'm not a great fan of Lomax and certainly don't see him as a direct replacement for Eardley.

Seeing as he has 1 season left on his contract we shall see how many teams are interested first before we agree a price, that is if we think anyone is considering a bid

A few questions for the Anti Eardley brigade:

1. You receive the ball in the right-back position with the nearest teammate being 50 yards away and in front of you, what do you do?

2. You have the ball down the right the winger is unable to receive the ball as he has 2 men on him and no-one is in the penalty area, but there is a player on the left-hand side who has pace who may be able to run onto the ball?

3. Was Ronnie Moores and Brian Talbots failings at Latics, tactical ineptness or the players 'not having the heart'?

4. Your losing 4-0 at half time and all 4 goals have come down your left hand side who do you blame?

5. What would you do if Taylor or Smalley couldn't beat the opposition full-back?

6. Do you think Andy Liddell was a good right-midfielder last season, if so why?