"We ARE part of Manchester..."

Just looked at The Lancaster Club's website to find out what our new address will be :

Broadway

Failsworth

Manchester

M35 0BH

I couldn't give a toss about the postcode (as others have said - they mean nothing). It's the bit in bold that disappoints me.

It's alright citing Rochdale having an OL postcode but at least they are well and truly in 'dale and have Rochdale in their address.

Face it guys, O A F C is moving to Manchester.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked at The Lancaster Club's website to find out what our new address will be :

Broadway

Failsworth

Manchester

M35 0BH

I couldn't give a toss about the postcode (as others have said - they mean nothing). It's the bit in bold that disappoints me.

It's alright citing Rochdale having an OL postcode but at least they are well and truly in 'dale and have Rochdale in their address.

All the Lancaster Club needs in its address is Broadway, Failsworth and the postcode. It chooses to add Manchester to its address, but that does not make it part of Manchester. It pays business rates to OMBC.

The plan is to move to the part of Failsworth in the Oldham Metropolitan Borough, so all this talk of being part of Manc is totally inaccurate and to persist with it is a load of bollox. Let the Failsworth residents complain to Manc City Council about the proposals. They'll soon be told it's nothing to do with Manchester.

This misinformation has been flogged to death - The Lancaster Club is in Oldham - end of story!

All the Lancaster Club needs in its address is Broadway, Failsworth and the postcode. It chooses to add Manchester to its address, but that does not make it part of Manchester. It pays business rates to OMBC.

The plan is to move to the part of Failsworth in the Oldham Metropolitan Borough, so all this talk of being part of Manc is totally inaccurate and to persist with it is a load of bollox. Let the Failsworth residents complain to Manc City Council about the proposals. They'll soon be told it's nothing to do with Manchester.

This misinformation has been flogged to death - The Lancaster Club is in Oldham - end of story!

I think thats the first time I've seen you swear on here DS.

This thread typifies Oldham fans......

I live in Failsworth, grew up supporting Man United. At the age of 14 (10 years ago) I decided to start watching Oldham Athletic, where I soon discovered the joys of it being an achievement when the team I supported won a game rather than wondering whether United won 5 or 6-0. I'll admit my friends don't support Oldham but they do go to the odd game and do support Oldham. Yes, not a lot of people in Failsworth support Oldham, but I changed and so can others.

I'm not going to pretend I know all the history from the so called glory days but it really does seem like the vast majority of Oldham fans live in the past.

How does the past affect the future? Are you all happy to sit in a miserable stadium with no atmosphere - due to poorly designed stands and the fact the majority of fans especially the main stand just sit there watching in silence, only raising their voice to berate or moan - watching players who plainly find it difficult to be motivated playing in the BP environment.

Compare how many players have said the facilities influenced their decision to join against the number who have rejected us because of the facilities??

If it was financially viable for the TTA to remain at BP do you not think they would have done?

They have given 6 years of investment/subsidence to a club who think they have a given right to be in a higher division because they have been there in the past and to a town that is an absolute shambles.

If they leave for which no-one could blame them, where the hell would we be?

The town centre is depressing and full of gimps, the council is by and large a joke. The only positive is the 6th form college.

If I was looking to invest in a football team/town Oldham would be way down the list, I'm sorry to say that given I went to school and college here, but there is nothing pro-active about the town.

This football stadium would change that. For gods sake it would be an extra 5 minutes in a car down a dual carriageway, not much longer on the 24 or 182 bus.

It's either this stadium and a promising future, or a continuation of a football team made up of players wanting one last pay cheque, youngsters who get berrated at the slightest thing, playing in a depressing environment and the club plodding along in this division year after year.

THE PAST IS THE PAST, THIS CLUB NEEDS TO MOVE FORWARD. CHERISH YOUR MEMORIES IF YOU WANT - THEY WON'T GET THE CLUB ANYWHERE.

Here here. Words of sense from a fellow Failsworthian. We aren't so bad after all eh?

It's true the address won't have the word Oldham in, or if it does that's just to keep some fans happy, my address is also Failsworth, Manchester, M35. Never seen anyone list Failsworth as Oldham on a business or home address etc.

I totally agree that we see ourselves as Mancs... My accent is nothing like the broad accents I hear on a match day at BP, nor is it the northern monkey inbred dirty city *&$£ Liam (can't stand Oasis, in case you didn't notice that). Young un's have def gone more 'Manc' than me though.

Alright our kid, I'm gonna do one now. (...Struts off)

You could drop the Failsworth it will still find the club

True, I agree.

I was just saying I have never, ever seen anyone list a Failswoth address as Failsworth, Oldham.

I don't care about this by the way, really I don't, it was just an insider (as in a local) comment.

Anyway, how many on here are from Failsworth? We need to make sure we do our bit when other locals start moaning about the plans.

To begin with yes, further down the line the waters are much more murkier...

No mate, it won't happen! Loads of other clubs have moved grounds in the last 20 years or so and NONE of them have changed their names. Why then, would we change because we moved to Failsworth?

Quite obviously if this was to happen there would be no way i would follow them anymore and the TTA would be become as bad as Enckleman in my eyes.

Harsh. He may be a bit of a :censored: keeper but he's nowhere near as big an arsehole as that Winkelman fellow at MK.

True, I agree.

I was just saying I have never, ever seen anyone list a Failswoth address as Failsworth, Oldham.

I don't care about this by the way, really I don't, it was just an insider (as in a local) comment.

Anyway, how many on here are from Failsworth? We need to make sure we do our bit when other locals start moaning about the plans.

any decent boozers near the new ground jetman?

any decent boozers near the new ground jetman?

Not really...but I reckon the area will change with the ground being built there. No doubt a local pub will become an unoffical Latics place and be just fine.

I also guess that there will be some sort of boozing to be done at the stadium, maybe in new build or the existing old building?

Not really...but I reckon the area will change with the ground being built there. No doubt a local pub will become an unoffical Latics place and be just fine.

I also guess that there will be some sort of boozing to be done at the stadium, maybe in new build or the existing old building?

cheers jetman.

If the club is called Oldham Athletic, then it's Oldham's club. Postcodes, postal towns, addresses - just ways to deliver mail.

And I have yet to see any compelling reason to believe anyone would want to change the club's name. Why would they? What advantage would it offer? Why would using a new name, with no history, compel new fans or players?

I understand people's hesitation, but this particular aspect strikes me as a fuss over nothing.

Broadway

Failsworth

Manchester

M35 0BH

:grin: well said

If the club is called Oldham Athletic, then it's Oldham's club. Postcodes, postal towns, addresses - just ways to deliver mail.

And I have yet to see any compelling reason to believe anyone would want to change the club's name. Why would they? What advantage would it offer? Why would using a new name, with no history, compel new fans or players?

I understand people's hesitation, but this particular aspect strikes me as a fuss over nothing.

agree, and if we changed our name to "failsworth" how would that improve our image?

no offence meant to the failsworthians

people will still say "ohh "**** FC" wheres that then? oldham? o ok

name doesnt do much

I vote to call the new grounds Son of Boundary Park.

Or possibly Boundary Park II: The Wrath of Penney

And I realize I'm still new and have no history with the club, but I'm more interested in the product on the field and less interested in what it says on the kits.