NFL 2009

I'll be there. Bit gutted about the teams, to be honest. Although I am looking forward to seeing Brady in action. And the fantastically-monikered Cadillac Williams.

I'll be there too. Not got me tickets through the post yet, although I have my UFC ones for November !??! I suppose it's a different set up...

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not got mine yet either. I don't think I got last year's until a couple of weeks before. I've got Tailgate tickets, too.

We having a bevvy?

I'd love to Z, me and my Dad are sharing the driving - so I'll have to pass mate...

Nice one on the tailgate, however I hear the one last year was gash...

Yep, in and out. At the St.Helens vs Hull FC Challenge Cup last year we had a parking pass almost underneath the bloody stadium! No such luck this on this visit to Wembley :(

Couple of cheerleaders? And you won't do a little interview with somebody for me for fear of a beating from the better half? Conflicting messages here Z!!

I'll be there. Bit gutted about the teams, to be honest. Although I am looking forward to seeing Brady in action. And the fantastically-monikered Cadillac Williams.

Was Cadillac Williams (who does have a fantasic name) the one who got caught coming through customs with items of a very adult nature normally associated with women in his luggage? Question is will Brady's missus be there?

He has thrown more interceptions than touch downs... That is bad in my book :)

He isn't that bad. Most his career he was with the Texans, who were pretty poor, so that can explain a bit of that. Plus, his career QB rating is 74.9 and he has thrown for 14,141 yards. Compare that to Manning, whose rating is 76.1, and thrown 14,623, he stands up pretty well. Factor in, if he was playing regular at the Giants, he would be playing behind the best O line in the league, and would have better receivers/running game than he ever had at Houston, and I don't think we would have to worry too much if Manning was out for the odd game.

He does suck on Madden though.

He isn't that bad. Most his career he was with the Texans, who were pretty poor, so that can explain a bit of that. Plus, his career QB rating is 74.9 and he has thrown for 14,141 yards. Compare that to Manning, whose rating is 76.1, and thrown 14,623, he stands up pretty well. Factor in, if he was playing regular at the Giants, he would be playing behind the best O line in the league, and would have better receivers/running game than he ever had at Houston, and I don't think we would have to worry too much if Manning was out for the odd game.

He does suck on Madden though.

I think that shows up how good the old QB ratings are :)

I get where your coming from but their is a BIG difference between Carr and Manning... One is a franchise QB and the other is a backup for a reason :)

Look, he isnt that bad to be fair :) but I would be VERY worried if Manning was out of the game...we did nothing once Manning went off the field on Sunday, Carr struggled....

Anyway Manning is hoping to start training on Wednesday but its very much touch and go at the moment...

I think that shows up how good the old QB ratings are :)

I get where your coming from but their is a BIG difference between Carr and Manning... One is a franchise QB and the other is a backup for a reason :)

Look, he isnt that bad to be fair :) but I would be VERY worried if Manning was out of the game...we did nothing once Manning went off the field on Sunday, Carr struggled....

Anyway Manning is hoping to start training on Wednesday but its very much touch and go at the moment...

Of course he is backup for a reason, but as backups go, he is OK. The game on Sunday was over before he came on....they scored to make it closer but that scoreline flattered them....it was never in doubt. There were a couple of games last season where Carr came in and looked ok. Seattle at home he threw for a TD. He looked solid against a Minnesota team that needed a win in the last game last year too. Obviously he is no Manning, but next week we are at home to the Raiders. Even a third string QB should be able to do the business at home, against that opposition, with our offence.

But lets be honest, Manning doesn't miss games....he will play on Sunday.

NFL Europe says it's the Patriots.

And ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3074255

I don't buy it to be frank... I think Patriots get a lot of recent "interest" due to their success but I think the UKs core support has always been the Dolphins since the Dan Marino in the 80/90s...

Edited by oafc0000

I don't buy it to be frank... I think Patriots get a lot of recent "interest" due to their success but I think the UKs core support has always been the Dolphins since the Dan Marino in the 80/90s...

I agree. I was there 2 years ago when they played the Giants and I never expected there to be that many Dolphin fans. Also NE are popular at the moment as Quite a few people follow them purely because they have England in their name. I Know a couple who made them their team for that reason alone.

And also don't forget Ace Ventura!!! That film made the Dolphins big over here to people around my age!!

I think you'll be in for a shock at Wembley then. It'll be more than half. A lot more.

It'll be about 80% Pats on that day I suspect.

Most popular teams I guess depends upon the level of support you are measuring it by. Miami are high because they have anyone going to Florida on holibobs saying they are a Dolphins fan. That's like my Bastia fan status. If you look at proper fan status (i.e those that will pay a hundred notes to go to Wemberlee) then the Pats will be up there. I reckon the 49ers will be well up there as well and the Giants.

But surely the answer is the Cardinals?

Yup me as well... About half where Dolphins, a few more Giants and then rest mixed...

I'm guessing that depends where you were sat. I had a Miami fan near me. But I bought in the Giants end.

Although my brother was supporting Miami as Eli was playing for the Giants. But he's a Chargers* fan.

*Why did I pick St Louis (and therefore Arizona). I should have picked somewhere nice to go on holiday.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I'm guessing that depends where you were sat. I had a Miami fan near me. But I bought in the Giants end.

Although my brother was supporting Miami as Eli was playing for the Giants. But he's a Chargers* fan.

*Why did I pick St Louis (and therefore Arizona). I should have picked somewhere nice to go on holiday.

I was in Arizona in May. Great place for a holiday, especially if you like golf. Scorching too.

I was in Arizona in May. Great place for a holiday, especially if you like golf. Scorching too.

I dislike golf immensley.

Although my brother came back from there with a tale of Alice Cooper playing golf with Ronnie Corbett. Which being honest, was a bit odd.

Sadly I'm having to time this years trip over with the baseball rather than football. But, I'm still aiming for every league ground in britain (not including Wales), cricket ground, baseball ground and football ground (including the big10). It's something to do I suppose...

Its more based off just walking around on the day to be frank...